Only have Spanish TV ...But...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by brownhog Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Just found out that if you have Spanish tv and the programme/film was in English in the original version you can change it from the Spanish language. It's easy to do. Go to Menu and then audio language - Spanish or Undefined (sometimes VO) click on that and it changes to English. You have to do this again if changing channels. Nice to have a film in the original language.

Maybe I'm behind the times, but better late than never!

Val

Like 0      
15 Nov 2011 2:16 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

You can do this by using the set up programme on your TV depending of course how old your TV is or if you're getting the programmes via a TDT box.  Once you've done this then you don't have to use the Audio button.

Spanish TV is very good and there are plenty of programmes to choose from as long as you're a fan of American TV programmes.  Also there are plenty of films to watch at the weekends on TV1 & 2 which don't usually broadcast in English.

I have a list of which channels broadcast in dual languages, when I find it I'll post details.  It's not on this laptop so I'll have to look on my desktop.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2011 7:38 PM by brownhog Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Thanks for that. My TV is new as I had to get it when Spain went digital, rather than have a set top box with the old one.

That would be great if it comes on in the original language without any fiddling with the remote!

Be over in Dec for a week, so look forward to a log fire and good movie.

Great site!

Thanks

Like 0      
15 Nov 2011 8:03 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

You can do this by using the set up programme on your TV depending of course how old your TV is or if you're getting the programmes via a TDT box.  Once you've done this then you don't have to use the Audio button.

Unfortuntlly not all TVs do this. Many do not store the "second" soundtrack, and revetr back to the old one whenever you change channels...although some TVs do...many do not..

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
01 May 2012 3:12 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Found the list   http://www.tdt1.com/canales-valencia/  If you are in a different region then maybe you should type that in instead of valencia.

Some of the channels listed are subscription only but it's a good guide to which stations offer dual language.

Like 0      
01 May 2012 11:30 PM by brownhog Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Thanks for that semijubilada, very helpful.

Will print out and take over for reference.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Legality for Community AGM's/EGM's - 1 posts
Beware - 1 posts
Paying a speeding Ticket - 20 posts
Health Centre La Cala - 2 posts
€176 BILLION & COUNTING - BANKS REAL ESTATE EXPOSURE - 15 posts
endesa - 0 posts
Underbuild - 5 posts
Commonhold and freehold building elements. - 8 posts
Unemloyment in Spain - 5 posts
Hope: we are on the way out - 6 posts
Buying a golf property in murcia - 3 posts
Is there a benefit in being tax resident in Spain - 33 posts
Free UK TV Channels & More on The IPOD, IPAD, IPHONE - 26 posts
GETTING CAR HIRE DEPOSIT BACK - 8 posts
Cbeebies on Sat problems - 0 posts
la renta - paying on-line - 1 posts
Booking with Ryanair - 2 posts
Iberdrola article in this weeks Euroweekly News - 2 posts
Can you work on saints days? - 3 posts
Publication by the planning department of Orihuela. - 0 posts
Car hire from home is it legal - 5 posts
Television - 2 posts
BUYING AND SELLING EXPERIENCES IN SPAIN - 8 posts
Water Deposit risks? - 8 posts
advert not showing after content change to details - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x