Television

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Nov 2011 12:00 AM by JHW Star rating. 0 posts

Hi --we live on a Communuity near Vera ---I am fed up as for the whole of last week we had to watch either BBCNews 24or Disney Channel-----we looked for a cable to connect to the community satallite dish but could not find one anywhere--ferratias ect.It appears to be a square connection.??

What would a top box give us at about 30e , is it worth it or is it all in Spanish??

Help pls from a Disneyd out parent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
01 Nov 2011 7:55 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I think the subject has been covered many times.  However, if you have and outdoor aerial, and most communities have, depending on where you are you will get about 70 or so channels but only about 8 to 10 of them will have the dual language,  These do include the Disney Channel!  You will also get American series such as Bones, CSI (all variants), Hawaii 5-0 and comedies such as Friends and two and half men etc and MTV plus a couple of other Cartoon channels.  Also a fair sprinkling of films (and fairly modern ones at that).  Yes, it is worth it to get a TDT box.  Does your TV not have a built in digital tuner?  Most of them have if the set is less than 5 years old and all TVs sold in Spain have one.  if you can put up with the amount of adverts then TDT is fine.

Note, you will not get a news channel on TDT in English.  Have you checked with your neighbours or the president?  They may have a lead or be able to lend you one and you can have a look round the ferreteria or one of the Chinese shops to match it up.  

Like 0      
02 Nov 2011 1:51 PM by JHW Star rating. 0 posts

Thank you for this ---it was a case of cannot find the information when you need it  .

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

BUYING AND SELLING EXPERIENCES IN SPAIN - 8 posts
Water Deposit risks? - 8 posts
advert not showing after content change to details - 1 posts
Modern style Chests of Drawers for Sale - 0 posts
ROTA Spain Recycling and second hand stores - 2 posts
Water park - 5 posts
The Phantom Airport... or should that be Airports - 4 posts
Scooter For Sale. - 0 posts
Liberated Co-ownership - 14 posts
Car Hire again folks - 3 posts
Extra Buzon for the Correos? - 1 posts
it is not just Spain - 9 posts
Spanish Reg car for sale on Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Please help explain my Iberdrola bill to me - 1 posts
Beat this for a bank robbery - 1 posts
Renting a parcela for commercial use in the summer - what rent? - 0 posts
How long does a bond apply - 1 posts
excuse me this is test of editing - 0 posts
Thule Rapid System Car Roof Bars with Locks - 2 posts
Pace DS445NB SKY box - 0 posts
Micra Photos (see ad below) - 0 posts
Nissan Micra 2006 LHD Spanish plates - 3 posts
Editing a post - 8 posts
Seal for oven - 6 posts
Transport of goods from UK to Spain - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x