What if the owner of an embargoed car cannot pay?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Oct 2011 12:00 AM by wormtea Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

What happens if the original owner of the car (car docs still on that owner) on which the embargo is on has left the country  and or cannot pay the embargo?

Can one still drive the car if tax, itv and insurance are upto date, but in a different name?

Are embargoes ever lifted ( expired)? 

What if the owner has no money coming into spain and no other assets in Spain? 

Like 0      
25 Oct 2011 2:42 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 420 posts Send private message

Why are the docs still in old owners name? This means the car is still officially theirs and therefore whoever put the embargo on it can ask for the car to be auctioned in order to cover the debt!

You can still drive the car as far as i am aware as long as its insured and so on.

Joan

Like 0      
25 Oct 2011 4:47 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

sounds well dodgy to me!

Like 0      
25 Oct 2011 4:53 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 420 posts Send private message

Faro, you say dodgy i say normal!

So many people in Spain think buying a car is handing the money over and thats it! No one bothers to do the paperwork and then this happens! Its a very simple process and i have done it before! Not very costly either!

You need to get hold of the old owner and complete the car transaction papers pronto if you do not want to risk losing it!

Joan

Like 0      
25 Oct 2011 5:39 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Depends - is the car on British or Spanish plates?

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
25 Oct 2011 6:50 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Hi Joan

I know the procedure but  this sounds typically dodgy along the lines give me a few euro for my great car (it's worth '000s) and don't worry about the outstanding finance they'll never catch up with you etc.

I can imagine this deal was done over a pint and somebody heading back to the UK.

Sounds like wormtea is getting into something knowing the facts etc - sorry wormtea if I am wrong!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

google corvera airport - 26 posts
Car parchase issues - 0 posts
best bank - 20 posts
RE registration oo EU Citizens Registry - 2 posts
Plastic bags for airport - 9 posts
Is there a Web site with Historical Weather Stats - 0 posts
Three free legal guides by CostaLuz - 0 posts
Return to the UK? Never - 0 posts
outdoor dog kennel wanted - 0 posts
Marriage in Gibraltar?? - 4 posts
FLASH FLOODS FINESTRAT - 1 posts
Hailstorm in Baza . - 0 posts
Are you glad you bought your holiday home.....or do you regret it? - 17 posts
Hi - 2 posts
Legal tip 619. Letter from CostaLuz. Number 2 - 0 posts
Online Shopping: Ring Sizes? - 2 posts
Valor Catastral Increase 2010 - 6 posts
Vetting Lawyers - How do I know I can trust them? - 12 posts
Post repossession woes - 3 posts
new internattional golf course to be built in province of cordoba - 1 posts
Van with space going back to UK - 0 posts
Private House clearance sale.... Grab a bargain! - 0 posts
The cheapest funeral plan going! - 26 posts
Bank Charges - 8 posts
Spain's Stolen Babies - BBC 2 tonight at 9pm - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x