Underbuild

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Aug 2011 12:00 AM by cranston2349 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I just got back from Spain, I have a duplex and I own the bottom section and the front garden. My neighbour has the top section and the back garden. When I got to Spaing I found that he had installed air conditioning and has the waste water pouring into my garden. Also he has put an underbuild beneath my bedroom without saying anything to me. I would be interested in hearing other people's thoughts on this. I don't think this underbuild is legal even though it is for storage. 

Like 0      
20 Aug 2011 12:08 AM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

Perhaps you should ask a lawyer about this.

Could he not have had the waste water running into his own garden ? It seems rather inconsiderate.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2011 2:13 AM by Orinoco Star rating in Castilla La Mancha. 141 posts Send private message

Orinoco´s avatar

The air conditioning you can certainly do something about, I really think just talking to the occupiers above and explaining the situation will sort it out. They probably don´t even realise it is affecting you, what´s more they could have paid a contractor to do the work for them and assumed that it had been done to a sufficient standard.

His outbuilding is a bit trickier. I mean honestly, to what extent does it bother you? I live in an area where people are adding 2 storey extensions, garages, walls double the 1 metre height limit, and really, everyone just gets on with it. The town hall turn a blind eye in 99% of cases, it is only if they receive an official complaint that they act, and even then the culprit just has to pay a small fine for not having had a permit for the construction. I´ve never seen anything torn down.

This is Spain and many people regard the land they´ve bought as theirs to do what they like with. I´d make a bit of a fuss about the water dripping from the air conditioning if it bothers you, but unless his outbuilding is in someway obscuring your view I´d let that go.

I have a neighbour who has had guttering fitted to his roof, it´s so poorly done that when it rains the water splashes our side as opposed to running away through his downpipe. My wife made a Jamie Oliver herb garden directly beneath and really, we´re chuffed to bits. 

I´d try to avoid dragging lawyers in over something so petty. It would be expensive, probably get you nowhere and make you a pariah if you´re living amongst natives.

Good luck :)

Like 0      
25 Aug 2011 12:16 PM by cranston2349 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks for that. I do have a problem with the water dripping but not really with the underbuild as it does not effect me too much. My problem is that this guy is the president of our comunity and spends his time quoting the rules to everybody. It seems that there are one set of rules for him and other rules for everybody else. I find this a pain in the butt. Perhaps I should discuss this at the next AGM. ????.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dolphin restaurant in La Duquesa port - 15 posts
Oscars restaurant Duquesa - 2 posts
VAT to Purchase brand new properties reduced down to 4% - 4 posts
moving to spain for winter - 5 posts
Cristina empty property - 3 posts
Pregnant in Spain - 7 posts
There is definitely an increase of interest in property here. - 61 posts
Running a community without an administrator - 10 posts
Moving to Costa Del Sol from England - 14 posts
Bazanjoan - 2 posts
New Jokes - 12 posts
Costahouse.com Estate Agents, Benalmadena - 5 posts
Spanish economy - stolen purse - 47 posts
Flights from Cardiff to Alicante or Murcia - 11 posts
Purchased Property - 7 posts
Gestria Wanted - 0 posts
Jumilla Wine Festival - 2 posts
IT SEEMS IT'S NOT JUST THE WATER - 8 posts
SPAIN’S SHAMEFUL SECRET REVEALED - 1 posts
Running Costs - 0 posts
Crossing a Spanish cheque - 2 posts
Amazonia Adventure Park - 4 posts
Valencian Health Care system for early retirees - 0 posts
Relocating with small children - 3 posts
Help with Copia Simple - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x