CERTIFYING DOCUMENTS IN GIBRALTAR

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Please Help!!!!!!

Can someone please tell me if I can get Legal Documents certified in Gibraltar without having them Notarized in Spanish as is the case in Spain?  I just need my Documents Certified in English by a Commissioner of Oaths, Public Official or a similar sort of person. Can this been done in Gibraltar according to English Law? Does anyone now how much they would charge?

Many Thanks

Nigel

Like 0      
15 Jul 2011 4:56 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Nigel

You can have this done in Spain - ie witness execution of affidavit or certify documents etc.

If you do it in Gib then the will probably work off UK prices ie GBP7 for affidavit whereas in Spain you will probably pay a min attendance fee etc

English consulate might do for free - I think they do some pension docs for free - ie certifying person claiming is still alive.

try this link to find a solicitor or check with British Consulate

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

Like 0      
15 Jul 2011 6:08 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Nigel. It would help if you explained exactly what you require and the reason.

Or you could call one or more of the offices listed in the 'Law Society reference' as supplied by Faro, and ask them directñy.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 15/07/2011.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2011 8:35 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Sorry,I have an Affidavit which has to sent to South Africa to cancel a TV Licence together with a copy of Passport and relative page with my SA Exit Stamp on it.These need to be both Certified by a Commissioner Oaths Etc.

Nigel

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 9:57 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I had to provide similar material when my wife (Filipina) bought a property in Philippines.  We did it before a notary in Spain.  Although his certificate was in Spanish he certified the copies as true copies of the originals.  I added a translation to the notary's cert. and all was accepted in Manila.  (Philippines uses English as their official language)

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 12:13 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Jonzx

Thanks for all your replies

Considering this is for use outside Spain,would the Cost of Notarising these Documents be very high.

Nigel

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

schools in spain - 18 posts
Hoping to move but got a few barriers to cross first... - 13 posts
renting - 0 posts
Petrol & Diesel Prices in Gibraltar - 3 posts
Cheap, perfect 7 seat car in Murcia for just €1300. RHD on Spanish ITV - 0 posts
monthly living - 44 posts
WANTED - Video Recorder - 3 posts
WANTED - Unfurnished Mijas Costa - 0 posts
Chiropractor Fuengirola or Mijas Costa - 0 posts
handyman needed - 1 posts
illegal homes in Spain 5 - 0 posts
Looking forward to Summer hols :-) - 4 posts
Poor Website Spelling Cut Sales by Half - 13 posts
motability scooter - 3 posts
Do I need a residencia or will a padron/nie be enough? - 16 posts
Driving to spain - 3 posts
What Makes You Think Of Spain - 24 posts
Water Leak - Undetected - 2 posts
Mary-Anne Goosens: Am I Being Cynical? - 2 posts
Dogs saved from drowning - 0 posts
Time for property agents to earn their commissions. - 2 posts
sick of england - 117 posts
selling our restaurant - 0 posts
not wanting to pay commisions - 4 posts
Selling Opportunities - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x