Mary-Anne Goosens: Am I Being Cynical?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I am not a natural cynic but after reading the account of a Dutch lady’s 18 day ordeal in the Nerja mountains (today’s El Pais) I am unconvinced of its truthfulness. Mary-Anne Goosens was ‘trapped between crags’ after clambering in to it.

She wasn’t disabled or injured. She told hikers who found her and offered to help her out of the gulley she was too weak to do so. I presume they wouldn’t have offered had they not thought she was capable of doing so. Maybe she was weak after 18 days she says she was in there but it takes fortitude to live in the open for so long without food; that fortitude had deserted her when the option to climb out was much less arduous.

She was 'self sufficient enough to survive' and knew a few survival tricks but on the other hand she had behaved like an irresponsible child by breaking every rule in the book. Not telling anyone she was setting out; the usual advice.

She had a helicopter ride home. She refused to talk with the media until she got to Holland. There her children had set up a Press conference. Would local Spanish journalists be far more familiar with such predicaments and have been a little too inquisitive? I can smell a book coming out of this one.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
13 Jul 2011 6:08 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

It's lucky she didn't have to cut a limb off like the guy did when he fell down a crag a year or so ago in the States.  Like you I remain cynicall????

Like 0      
13 Jul 2011 8:36 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Yes it never ceases to amaze me, even in the UK they go potholing, mountain climbing etc. They fail to check weather reports are ill equipped putting  other peoples life's at risk. Which is another burden on the tax payer, should be made to take out adequate insurance.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dogs saved from drowning - 0 posts
Time for property agents to earn their commissions. - 2 posts
sick of england - 117 posts
selling our restaurant - 0 posts
not wanting to pay commisions - 4 posts
Selling Opportunities - 0 posts
property - 1 posts
NEED A GOOD RENTAL AGENT IN MIJAS COSTA - 6 posts
Algorfa,Costa Blanca School - 0 posts
holiday in malaga august 2011 - 2 posts
Starting new business selling/installing IP Security Cameras in Malaga Area - 10 posts
illegal homes in spain 4 - 0 posts
EX16 now EX19 Fee increases - 0 posts
Andalucia, Increases in water charges. - 0 posts
Problems with SKY+ - 4 posts
HiFX to charge - 17 posts
Objection to AGM Minutes - 3 posts
Cheap 7 Seater for sale in Murcia - No more car rental - 0 posts
COURT CASE VICTORY - 11 posts
restaurants estepona - 2 posts
Vodaphone doesn't accept the NIE for smartphone? - 3 posts
The Latest on Paramount - 0 posts
Bull running in Calaspara. - 0 posts
Anyone Living Around Benahavis or in Los Arqueros, La Quinta etc Resorts ?? - 3 posts
Insurance for UK property when in Spain - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x