not wanting to pay commisions

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jul 2011 12:00 AM by davecaz Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Good afternoon everyone 

new hear and new to this . so please correct me as i go if i step out of line - i read through the rules too !!
I was not sure whether to put this in here or in the restaurants bit but saw that was mainly reviews 

Ok I have a bar and restaurant that i am selling in Calpe - we run it at the momet but we are getting to old for it now.

It is succesful and has year round trade - i have got a selling website and a site for the restaurant is being updated as i type !!! allegedly 
barsforsale-spain(dot)com

My question is this - or questions 

Anyone know of the best way tyo sell our place on.
I could go to an agent but then they just charge silly commission rates for very little work. We would then need to add that to the price and seems unfair to the buyer .

I will probably do the normal things like advertise in CBN or similar .

But if you know of anywhere or anyone !!! interested get them down there.
If you live in Calpe drop by and have a look around too.
cheers

barsforsale-spain(dot)com

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 3:03 PM by Bigwilly Star rating in Spain of course. 118 posts Send private message

an agent may have hundreds of people on a list wanting to buy bars that they have built up over years.

they may pay to advertise their bar selling business and add you to the listings.

your job is to run a bar.

an agents job is to sell bars.

horses for courses and thats why you pay them commisions.

doing it on the cheap to save commisions may cost you very much in the long term.

just my opinion

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 3:05 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

I agree with Bigwilly's opinion here.

Dave:  you can negotiate a reasonable commission with an agent or agents. 

Like 0      
14 Jul 2011 3:19 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

"an agent may have hundreds of people on a list wanting to buy bars that they have built up over years."

Big Willy,     I am sure you do not believe that.    It may have been true several years ago that some agents had some customers waiting, but now !!!!!!

For that very reason,  what Campana says is true,  they are desperate for business and will / should negotiate, or they too will go out of business, like so many other businesses have..

This message was last edited by johnzx on 14/07/2011.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2011 8:44 AM by davecaz Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Cheers

I have spoken to a few agents but they seem full of BS

I get the thing they will or may have a list but just to send out to people on a few emails then 8% - 15% seems a lot to me !!!

anyway will try both methods probably  ie

i have started a website and will advertise around some uk papers and local UK sites

will keep people posted if i succeed - thing is we are not desperate to sell as it works well so fortunately no panic on.

Always feel sorry for the many that come here believing the dream and then get lumbered with yet another bar in benidorm or similar

cheers anyway

dave

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Selling Opportunities - 0 posts
property - 1 posts
NEED A GOOD RENTAL AGENT IN MIJAS COSTA - 6 posts
Algorfa,Costa Blanca School - 0 posts
holiday in malaga august 2011 - 2 posts
Starting new business selling/installing IP Security Cameras in Malaga Area - 10 posts
illegal homes in spain 4 - 0 posts
EX16 now EX19 Fee increases - 0 posts
Andalucia, Increases in water charges. - 0 posts
Problems with SKY+ - 4 posts
HiFX to charge - 17 posts
Objection to AGM Minutes - 3 posts
Cheap 7 Seater for sale in Murcia - No more car rental - 0 posts
COURT CASE VICTORY - 11 posts
restaurants estepona - 2 posts
Vodaphone doesn't accept the NIE for smartphone? - 3 posts
The Latest on Paramount - 0 posts
Bull running in Calaspara. - 0 posts
Anyone Living Around Benahavis or in Los Arqueros, La Quinta etc Resorts ?? - 3 posts
Insurance for UK property when in Spain - 9 posts
thinking of moving!! - 0 posts
La Siesta, Denia - insolvent developer and bank! - 0 posts
The Wok in La Cala - 5 posts
How can one find the Identity of a person from their NIE - 4 posts
what to do in valencia - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x