The EU - PROTECTING THE RIGHT TO PROPERTY - SEMINAR

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jun 2011 12:00 AM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

The role of the EU in protecting the right to property

Event date: Tuesday 14 June 2011 09:00 to 12:00

The European Parliament has encountered a growing number of problems from European citizens who have purchased property across member state borders.

The failure to protect property rights across the European Union has consequences for the internal market, legal affairs and the fundamental right to property.

Using the experiences of academics, practitioners and citizens affected by flaws in the protection of property rights, the seminar will address the current state of affairs, and look at some practical steps, which might form the basis for future European solutions.

MEPs in this event

Ramon TREMOSA i BALCELLS
Convergència Democràtica de Catalunya

Diana WALLIS
Liberal Democrats Party

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 4:20 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

This sounds like it might at least be a start, Keith.  The seminar is unfortunately very short, just three hours.  Three days would be more like it I should have thought.

Patricia

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 7:26 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Bumping this up again.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 10:52 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Yes, Patricia - very short.  Even 3 weeks would not be long enough!!

We welcome the seminar and it is a positive thing to see that time is being given to discuss the issues, however briefly.

The problem is that we and other action groups only found out about the event today.  Therefore it is very short notice to get anyone to attend.

I notice they say they will use the experiences of citizens affected.  I wonder which citizens they have invited to attend the seminar?

It will be interesting to see a report on the seminar after it has taken place next week to see which particular issues were discussed and what solutions and practical steps they propose for the future.

Keith

LEY 57/1968

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 10:55 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

It would be a pity not to attend, Keith, IMO.

Patricia

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 11:01 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Or at least send a letter to be read out at the seminar. 

Patricia

Like 0      
08 Jun 2011 11:13 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

As much as I would like to I can't attend at that short notice Patricia.  I have a business to run and two young children to look after.  I am short staffed over the next couple of weeks due to holidays/sickness etc.

I did drop everything at very short notice at the beginning of May to spend a day protesting outside the Spanish Embassy on 4 May, but unfortunately cannot get to Brussels at short notice next week.

AUN sent an email to Diana Wallis MEP today and I will be sending an email to her over the next couple of days drawing her attention to the Bank Guarantees issue.

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
09 Jun 2011 11:48 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Keith,

Will your email stress the need for an effective system to follow through the implementation of this law, given the existing problems within the justice system?

This message was last edited by ads on 09/06/2011.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2011 1:18 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

That is understandable Keith that you find it difficult to fit in your personal responsibilities with your volunteer activities.  Is there no one else from the group you represent you could send, or who would be willing to go?   It really makes a difference if a representative of the action group is there in person. 

Given the level of indignation (at least as portrayed on this forum) I am surprised there is not a delegation going to this seminar.  It is hardly fair to put all the onus on you.

Patricia

Like 0      
09 Jun 2011 4:13 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Bumping this up.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2011 5:29 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

And again...

I see there are 170 hits on this thread, but not a lot of reaction, Keith.

Patricia

Like 0      
09 Jun 2011 9:36 PM by manorpark Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

manorpark´s avatar

Hope this is of some benefit to those who have been affected by the Spanish property fiasco and suffered injustice through no fault of their own.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2011 11:35 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

This message was last edited by sandra on 09/06/2011.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 3:03 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

Keith says:

"I notice they say they will use the experiences of citizens affected.  I wonder which citizens they have invited to attend the seminar?
"
Why not enquire, Keith?  There is an email at the bottom of the seminar notice:

shanritha.indurjith@europarl.europa.eu

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 4:05 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Just written to Diana Wallis and copied in local MEP's, also Marta Andreasen, Roger Helmer, and David Lidington) and will keep you informed if I receive a response.

As informed before (but worth repeating) For those interested here's a useful website to assist when writing to your MEP's, MP (you just need your postcode).

http://www.writetothem.com/

Marta Andreasen : marta.andreasen-office@europarl.europa.eu

Roger Helmer : roger.helmer@europarl.europa.eu

David Lidington : davidlidingtonmp@parliament.uk

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 5:13 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

For those able to attend please note the following reply I just received when I queried which citizens had been informed, regarding this event:  (I too can't make it due to the short notice I'm afraid). I have stressed however if she could review my email prior to the event , and have requested that she bring this to their attention. Not sure what response we will get. I think Keith hopes to write also but he's very stretched right now, so if others can write also this would greatly assist.

I have been informed by my colleague Shan that you contacted her requesting information on the event next week.

The seminar is hosted in the Parliament but anyone with an interest who is able to attend can do so, providing they send us their full name and date of birth for registration. They will also need to bring photo identification on the day of the seminar.

The event has been advertised online, along with emails going out to those with an interest who are likely to attend, such as legal professionals and academics of international property law.

The seminar will be a discussion on the practical solutions to the problems of inadequate protection of property rights, from some experts in the field. We are hoping to follow the seminar up with a publication.

Please let us know if you are interested

Kind regards

Sam Kynman

Office of Diana Wallis MEP

Liberal Democrat Member

Yorkshire and the Humber

Vice President of the European Parliament

tel:  +32-2-284.7201

fax: +32-2-284.9201
follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/dianawallismep

European Parliament
ASP 10G108
Rue Wiertz, 60
B-1047 Brussels
Belgium

This message was last edited by ads on 10/06/2011.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 6:07 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

But it's being held in Brussels?

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 6:10 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

I know Faro (it's crazy), but perhaps you could write something to Diana Wallis,  that could be addressed at the conference.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 6:32 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

ads

at least if the huge amount of evidence in the petitions is sent and some hopefully read, then it's a start.

If everyone on the forum could drop a quick line to Diana Wallis stating their feelings as well,  then we are giving her a fair bit of ammo'.  

Like 0      
10 Jun 2011 7:42 PM by campana Star rating in Marbella. 474 posts Send private message

campana´s avatar

More :

http://www.afectadosleydecostas.net/2011/06/07/20110615-seminar-eu-property-rights-and-wrongs/

The European Parliament is in Brussels.  That is why the event is being heldthere.

Patricia

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

French Classic Clock - 4 posts
WINDOW CLEANER - 0 posts
Telefonica 6MB - how to get it? - 4 posts
ADVICE NEEDED TO CHANGE INTERNET PROVIDER - 7 posts
Garden Of Eden ....A Tribute - 4 posts
Leaving a Rental Contract Early in Madrid - 12 posts
New Memeber - 4 posts
Spanish cucumbers - 13 posts
wanted a 3 cubic mtrs of space on a removal to spain - 1 posts
New speed Limits - 21 posts
use of a dongle for a limited time - 9 posts
European Legal Solutions (ELS Solicitors) Fuengirola - 2 posts
Telefonica -cancelling a land line - 0 posts
Driving a car in Spain on English plates - 38 posts
HELP................does anyone know............. - 12 posts
lizzie1234 - 0 posts
Ryanair Summer 2012 flights - 76 posts
Has anyone heard from Suzanne recently? (property scandal petition) - 1 posts
Need Spanish Teacher - 6 posts
This Years Bookings - 5 posts
Where to buy a FreeLander 2 in Andalucia..??? - 4 posts
Travel and Weight Interesting Observations - 5 posts
How many off plan properties have been sold? - 7 posts
Anywhere to avoid - 0 posts
man with a van from uk to Spain?? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 62

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x