Not Signs of the Times

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 May 2011 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Does anyone else feel that road gantry directional signs aren’t up to the job? Caught up in a maelstrom of Madrid traffic during the evening rush hour in poor light conditions, trying to make sense of the signs for the airport, was a nightmare.

They were no doubt fine years ago when there were single lanes and life was much less hurried. The road conditions changed but the signs didn’t keep up. I did put it down to ageing eyesight but when my 26-year old son is with me he says he feels the same way.

You cannot read them until you are about 100 metres away and if there are several fast moving lanes it is too late to get into the correct lane; doing so is often hazardous. Surely the wording can be made larger and at least 250 metres notice given? Many a time I have found myself in the wrong lane at a point when it is too late to change lanes.

I think the problem is that civil engineers and local planners already know their road systems and don’t allow for drivers who do not. They also work on perfect conditions; not rush hour, poor visibility, or confused strangers. It isn’t just a Spanish problem. Excuse me for not putting this in 'driving in spain' but this really affects us all.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Direct debit payments for Community fees - 5 posts
No bank guarantee - La Caixa obliged to refund deposits. - 0 posts
Guardia at Manilva - 3 posts
car info - 4 posts
PROPERTY TAXES FOR NON RESIDENTS - 8 posts
ILLEGALLY HOUSES IN SPAIN - 0 posts
Joe Molloy - 1 posts
Grandfather Colcks in Spain - 1 posts
ILLEGALLY HOUSES IN SPAIN - 1 posts
A7-E15 that passes via Lorca en route to Murcia - 2 posts
HUELVA PROVINCE - NEW AIRPORT - 3 posts
Ferguson Ariva 100E Set Up - 8 posts
Earthquake near Lorca Murcia - 42 posts
Renault Scenic for sale - 0 posts
Transfer to another bank - 3 posts
(Spanish) Choirs in Almeria Province... - 0 posts
New Car hire company - 4 posts
Anyone know how to write a possessive pronoun in Spanish? - 15 posts
Apple iMac For sale - 3 posts
iberdrola in pilar horadada - 10 posts
Guitar for Sale - 1 posts
Barclay Capital's view of the Property Roadshow of the Spanish Ministry of Public Works - 0 posts
WHAT ARE THE FINES FOR NOT SUBMITTING TAX RETURN - 4 posts
Declaración de la renta - 1 posts
Looking for reputable TV man to install Spanish antenna in Calahonda area - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x