Benalmadena peublo

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 May 2011 12:00 AM by simond1972 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi everyone my name is simon and I want to move to spain. I am a barber back here in the uk and a business in Benalmadena Pueblo has come up. I am seriously considering buying it. Any advice on the area and prospects in spain at the moment will be greatly received. Many thanks simon

Like 0      
09 May 2011 10:34 AM by Costachris Star rating in Yorkshire and Arroyo.... 38 posts Send private message

Hi Simon,

You'll find lots of threads on here relating to businesses and their current viability. However, relating to Benalmadena Pueblo specifically, I don't know if you know the area but Benalmadena is split into Benalmadena Costa, Arroyo de la Miel (the main shopping/town area) and Benalmadena Pueblo which is the old whitewashed centre of the municipality half-way up the mountainside. It's a very pretty place with white walled houses and narrow streets.

The Pueblo has quite a lot of tourists and ex-pats who prefer to be away from the bustle of Benalamdena Costa and Arroyo de la Miel. There are quite a few ex-pat businesses mixed in with the Spanish ones however, this is not the centre of commerce for the area.

In relation to business generally, then from talking to my friends here who are in business things are as bad as they've seen. Tourists, particularly British tourists are down in number but I guess you'd be looking for a more stable ex-pat customer base. However, theexchange rate and what seems like soaring inflation has hit hard and they are looking at ways of saving money. I was talking to a friend who has a removals business who is doing very well but only by relocating UK ex-pats to the UK.

As ever, it's a decision you need to make but when looking at the books have a good comparison from the last few years to the very recent past. With 20%+ unemployment it'll be very worth your while to do a lot odf research.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Like 0      
09 May 2011 5:30 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Simon, you should visit the area before you even start to consider the proposition. Check out how many Peluquerias there are around the Pueblo, Arroyo and the Costa. It's not something I've specifically looked for, but I'm pretty sure there is a fairly high concentration. Could be difficult to make a living..... But you should really go and have a look for yourself.

Dave

Like 0      
09 May 2011 6:27 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

I would agree totally with the last two posters, however if you can Identify the shop, go and have your haircut there unannounced and spend the day surveying the business incognito, remember it's a cash only business so the books may be understated

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

BBC are on the case - 5 posts
Slide and swings for ages 2 - 10, 80 euros - 0 posts
car hire-fuel refunds - 6 posts
Barking dogs - 22 posts
3 or 6 months are you considered a resident in spain? - 3 posts
Legal costs - 1 posts
morgage? - 9 posts
info - 2 posts
england-spain - 0 posts
NEWBI - 3 posts
Interest free mortgage - 2 posts
Over 65 and exemption from capital Gains? - 7 posts
Internet y World Wide Web - 0 posts
EMAUS SUMMER FEST 30TH & 31ST JULY - 15 posts
freesat & post code - 5 posts
Ryanair! What counts? - 2 posts
Halifax Bank - 3 posts
112 from uk mobile? - 4 posts
Legality of Committee members - 2 posts
Cheap flights to UK from Malaga?? - 9 posts
Neil Kemp - Fuengirola - 0 posts
road show in europe - 0 posts
Winter flights into/out of Murcia - 10 posts
Made it to spain at last. - 2 posts
Costs for selling a property through Estate Agents - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x