Cheap flights to UK from Malaga??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 May 2011 12:00 AM by charlie11 Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Can anybody please recommend a cheap and cheerful airline for flights from the UK to Malaga this time of year.  Prices seem to vary day by day.  Our children want to come and visit but dont want to spend all the pocket money-lol.

Like 0      
06 May 2011 6:28 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Which UK airport?

Little point in flying from Gatwick say if you live in Newcastle and have to spend more than the airfare just to get to / from the airport!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
06 May 2011 6:34 PM by charlie11 Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

OOps!! Sorry. That would be either Gatwick or Stanstead. Thanks.

Like 0      
06 May 2011 6:43 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Basically then it would be Stansted and Ryanair or Gatwick and Easyjet.

Watch out for hidden charges in both cases...

As an alternative, it might be worth considering Southampton and Flybe; they are a bit more expensive but they are a proper airline. The main add on there is hold luggage but still worth considering and cheaper than Easy or Ryan in this respect

fb

Like 0      
06 May 2011 6:57 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

It might be worth trying Monarch into Luton or Gatwick, they seem to have reduced thier prices, you can also use the promo code FLYUK to get a extra 12 euros off a return flight.

I toyed with going back to the uk this weekend to see the folks, flying tomorrow lunchtime and returning Monday evening it was going to cost  240 euros for the both of us return, It was about 400 on Easyjet

s

Like 0      
06 May 2011 7:56 PM by charlie11 Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Thanks for info proper expensive weekend lol, to think just 2 months ago was bout 50 quid return.

cheers

Like 0      
06 May 2011 10:00 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Charlie

Yes I thought better of it,  I'd rather stay put and have a few treats this weekend instead, maybe a nice meal out at our favourite restaurant and a day on the beach Sunday, might even buy a Sunday paper even though they are a rip off.

The flights with Monarch though are a good price bearing in mind that I was only looking this morning to fly tomorrow.

s

Like 0      
06 May 2011 10:07 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

First principal of LOCO airlines... The closer you get to the actual flight date, the more expensive the seats become.

Monarch last day of flights into Granada in 2007... Gatwick-Granada £3 one way;  Granada-Gatwick £245 where's the logic in that?

Then they had the temerity to say that flights were being pulled because of low 'bums on seats' figures... of course it had nothing to do with the fact that Granada council, the Tourist Agencies and the Airport itself had given all the subsidies to Ryanair on the promise of extra income from lots of different destinations.

Well here we are just three and a half years later and Ryanair have pulled all flights out of Granada because the local councils cannot or will not pay M.O'Ls extortion money. As a Granada taxpayer I have to say "Well Done!"  I would much rather my cash went to a more deserving case than the Irish Mafia. 

Extortion, Demanding money with menaces, Blackmail; call it what you will, in the end it's the punter who suffers. With all of the additional charges that Ryanair have they use the same principals of business with the punters as they do with the airports they serve.

fb

Like 0      
09 May 2011 1:55 AM by southsidedub Star rating in Ath Cliath. 8 posts Send private message

foxbat re "irish mafia" 

all i can say is we had very good teachers. you lot for 800 years

Like 0      
19 May 2011 7:49 AM by cristinaaloha Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

absolutely, when I went to UK I used Direct Flights and they had the best selection of cheap flights. Try it.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Neil Kemp - Fuengirola - 0 posts
road show in europe - 0 posts
Winter flights into/out of Murcia - 10 posts
Made it to spain at last. - 2 posts
Costs for selling a property through Estate Agents - 2 posts
Alicante to Valencia train - 4 posts
replacing a stolen escatura - 1 posts
Tarjeta de transporte - 2 posts
tenerife tax authorities - 0 posts
Any Creative Writers out there? (Mijas/area) - 1 posts
Roof Box - Fuengirola - 1 posts
schools in Spain - 0 posts
Our recent advert -10%off - 1 posts
Arts and Crafts Market in the Duquesa Port - 0 posts
bank guarantor - 2 posts
mortgage guarantor - 0 posts
house insurance - 0 posts
Help for new arrivals to Spain - 2 posts
getting bus from alicante airport to Guardamar - 13 posts
Portable Gas Fire Wanted - 0 posts
To: Sr. Blanco & Sra. Corredor - 0 posts
Meter readings when selling a property - 3 posts
fs - patio - garen furniture. - 0 posts
Sale of Spanish car - 1 posts
tea rooms - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x