moveing to spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by sanpete Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

hi we are amarried couple 50sh and want tpo move to spain to rent we are thinking about the murcia,archena area

does anyone know if there are any ex pats out there with a website and where can we find out more about this area

hope anyone can help us sandra pete

"embed"

Like 0      
30 Jan 2011 6:49 PM by mazlester Star rating in Currently Bedford bu.... 23 posts Send private message

mazlester´s avatar

Hi,

There are a couple of websites:

the Murcia Gazette and the Costa Calida Chronicle which may give you alittle more of an insight!

Good Luck, we're on our way over there soon and we can't wait!

Maria

Like 0      
31 Jan 2011 11:10 AM by keith77 Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Hi

Try www.viva-almeria.com there is also forums linked for other areas such as murcia, very slightly south to where you want but you will get a lot of everyday imformation from these forums,hope this is the kind of thing that you are looking for.

regards

Keith

This message was last edited by keith77 on 31/01/2011.

This message was last edited by keith77 on 31/01/2011.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2011 1:21 PM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

Hi, have a look at   www.discovercostacalida.info  lots of useful information about the area here.

Steve.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2011 1:47 PM by mobailey Star rating in San Cayetano. 461 posts Send private message

mobailey´s avatar

We have also looked at WWW.discovercostacalida.info and found it to be very helpful with lots of info on the area

Mo&Bryan www.bryansblinds.com &  www.discovercostacalida.info Why not see if can we help  

Like 0      
31 Jan 2011 2:44 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Sandra and Pete

We would also recommend: http://www.simplynetworking.es/.  It doesn't cover the whole of the region, but we find it useful for planning days out.  Thanks to their weekly bulletin, we heard about Luz en la Navidad, which took place in Murcia city over Christmas.  A group of us went to see it and we all thought it was an amazing spectacle - with the added bonus of being free!

Another website worth looking at is: http://costacalida.angloinfo.com/.  As well as specific information about Costa  Calida, it has some very useful general information about moving to Spain. 

If you decide to move to Archena you aren't that far from Jumilla, where we live.  Let me know if you plan to visit Jumilla, as we know the town well and offer free walks in English.  A group of us meet every Tuesday, which is market day, for a coffee and/or cerveza & vino!  I also have a blog on AngloINFO "Jumilla Journal", where I add information about coming events.

Good luck with your move and let us know where you decide to live.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
31 Jan 2011 3:55 PM by mobailey Star rating in San Cayetano. 461 posts Send private message

mobailey´s avatar

the other two sites are good but we find simplying netwoking is really a on line newspaper and not a guide book and covers mainly the mazaron, campasol area as for angloinfo it is not  easy to navigate round where as discovercostacalida is quite easy to get round, but don't take my word for it have a look for your self 

Mo&Bryan www.bryansblinds.com &  www.discovercostacalida.info Why not see if can we help  

Like 0      
31 Jan 2011 5:11 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

H Mazlester,

we already live in san javier and love the place.

let me know if you need any info ect.

coolyes

Like 0      
13 Feb 2011 3:54 PM by tonyarp Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi my name is Tony,  my partner and I, Carys, are looking to move to Spain to get away from English weather, for good.  We are both qualified in Holistic Therpies such as Swedish Massage, Hot Stones, Aromatherpy and we are both REIKI Masters. I would like to get some feed back as to if there are jobs oppotunities in this area, and if expats/Spanish people,  would be interested in our services.

We would also consider openong our own Holistic retreat.

All feed back would most welcome.

Thank you Tony & Carys

Like 0      
15 Feb 2011 10:23 PM by ohlson Star rating in La Marina. 8 posts Send private message

Hi Tony

Which part of Spain were you thinking of?

We have been over hear now for over 10 years, but business over here at the moment is a little on the slack side. But with your skills you could be successful.

Regards

Ian

Like 0      
16 Feb 2011 1:46 PM by tonyarp Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks Ian,

Not sure where we want to go, but need to work for a few pennies.  Would do anything to get out of the UK.  Where are you and what do you do, need anyone at the moment??

Regards  Tony & Carys

Like 0      
17 Feb 2011 12:21 AM by kathym Star rating in Oliva, Valencia. 22 posts Send private message

I live in the Murcia region.  It has one of the highest unemployment percentages in all Spain at the moment.  I wouldn't encourage anyone to move here at the moment if they need to work for a living. 

I've lived in inland Murcia for over four years now, and I'm finding the winters more and more unbearable.  I lived on the coast in Valencia province before and I'm planning to move back there in a couple of months.

BTW, I find the Simplynetworking website very good.  It doesn't just cover the coastal area, there is plenty of information about my local area as well.

This message was last edited by kathym on 17/02/2011.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2011 10:17 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

I agree with Kathym 

Things are tough here at the moment.  A friend who lives in Yecla asked whether we would be willing to give English lessons to his massage therapist's son, who lives in Jumilla, which we did up to the summer holidays.  The mother was very pleased with the results and her son's vastly improved grades and said she would get in touch after the holidays to arrange more lessons.  She hasn't done so therefore, reading between the lines, I suspect her business has gone down because of the "crisis". 

I also know of a lady who lives between Alicante and Denia who is a Reiki master and, even a few years ago, she said that she had very few clients and mostly met up with other Reiki practitioners for exchange.  I don't know what others think, but I reckon your best bet would be to live near somewhere that attracts people with money (Marbella?) and work on a mobile basis, visiting them in their homes.

By the way, Kathym, whereabouts in Murcia do you live?  We live in Jumilla, which is just over an hour's drive from the coast.

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
17 Feb 2011 4:54 PM by mazlester Star rating in Currently Bedford bu.... 23 posts Send private message

mazlester´s avatar

Hi Formentera Costa,

Thanks for your offer of info I'm sure we'll take you up on it once we're over there properley.  Just got back last night to a dreary Gatwick wishing I could finish work immediately and go over there! 

Our house is located just of the 301 towards Sucina in a place called Cuevas de Marin. about 10 mins from San Javier  The area is lovely and so accessible to everywhere!  Can't wait to get over there permanently so we can go explore properly.  

We are both very sporty so we will need info about Sports centres, and i would like to get involved in coaching kids footie over there as I do it now and don't want to stop.

Tks again

Maria

Like 0      
17 Feb 2011 5:16 PM by kathym Star rating in Oliva, Valencia. 22 posts Send private message

Suemac, I am in North-west Murcia, near Bullas.

Kathy

Like 0      
18 Feb 2011 6:52 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Kathy

We are going to Caravaca for the weekend in 4 weeks' time and, having checked the bus timetable from Murcia, plan to stop in Bullas en route for a couple of hours.  Any recommendations on what to see and where to eat?

Thanks.

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Banks and Bank Guarantees...Is this another step in the right direction. - 13 posts
Spanish Lawyers Professional Indemnity Insurance - 45 posts
Which supermarkets sell bread flour? - 5 posts
Ladies Hockey on Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Man with a van Altea area - 0 posts
Spanish Lawyers Professional Indemnity Insurance. - 0 posts
Trouble with room safe - 1 posts
Certificate of habitation for a finca needing total restoration - query - 6 posts
Baking on order - 1 posts
Pigeons...... - 6 posts
New "Search" Bar - 2 posts
President & Committee Guidelines - 1 posts
Directions from Alicante Airport to Vera Playa - 1 posts
WiFi in Spain - 0 posts
Excellent Spanish Lawyer - 2 posts
new resident in velez malaga - 0 posts
Military Service - 1 posts
Padron - 76 posts
Pelayo Insurance company - 0 posts
Washing Machines, Inverters and generators - 10 posts
Hospital Quiron Malaga - 2 posts
Lunchtime Surf - 3 posts
Navarre Appeal Court says Banks have no rights.... - 4 posts
Qualified Boiler Technician Needed Murcia - 0 posts
property management inland murcia - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x