IBADROLA NIGHT AND DAY UNITS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by jdmrhs Star rating in Alternate between En.... 53 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

My neighbour has recently had a new meter fitted by Ibadrola to give her Night and Day units.  I have looked on the web site and it is a little hazy as to whether it may save us money.  Has anyone got any details.

Joan

Like 0      
17 Jan 2011 1:32 PM by alancambs Star rating in Las Kalendas Fortuna. 134 posts Send private message

alancambs´s avatar

Hi

Basically the cheap rate is about half the normal rate, so yes it will save you money.  Cheap rate runs from 10 at night till 12 lunchtime (hour later summertime).  We do all our washing, ironing etc in the morning and put heaters etc on during the night or first thing in the morning then switch off when rate changes back to normal.  We have found it has made a difference to our bills and all we had to pay was about 15 euros to have new meter fitted.

Bev

Like 0      
17 Jan 2011 1:42 PM by Jack5340 Star rating in Calahonda Costa Del .... 56 posts Send private message

Hi,

Does anyone know if Endesa do a similar day/night rate and if so what it cost to change to it. Also are the times of use similar.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2011 4:14 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Could be wrong but I seem to recall Endesa scrubbed their version some time last year....

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
18 Jan 2011 6:57 AM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

Yes Endessa do the day/night rate meter we have that tarrif and I am sure it does save us money. We do however run all power hungry appliances during the low rate period. Pool pump. dishwasher, washing machine and aircon where we can ie. heat mode for an hour at ten as we retire and again in the morning as we get up. It cost us €10 to change the meter. Times are the same 10pm -12noon winter and 11pm -13.00 summer (this means you do not have to change any timers you have on the cicuits.

This message was last edited by JohnKath on 18/01/2011.

This message was last edited by JohnKath on 18/01/2011.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2011 1:38 PM by jdmrhs Star rating in Alternate between En.... 53 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Rainy day on the Orihuella Costa.

Just thought I would update on my change to Ibadrola Night and Day Units.  We visited Ibadrola in Pilar last week and made a contract for the New Night and Day Rate.  16c during the day and 6c at night (rates as near as I can remember as contract is downstairs and it's raining). 

They will be coming to fit a new meter and hopefully after the next bill we should start seeing a difference with the costs.  We aim to put the dishwasher, washing machine and pool all on timers to come on at night.

Anyway will let you know outcome.

On another matter has anyone had an Ecosense air conditioning appliance fitted?  It is a sensor which fits in the room with the aircon and you can set it on timer to sense if there is any movement in the room and if not the sensor switches the aircon off.

We want to fit one for when we arn't here, so that guests can't leave the aircon on and go off shopping.

Anyway any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards

Joan

Like 0      
27 Feb 2011 3:41 PM by mnj Star rating in L.A. Murcia . 37 posts Send private message

wish i could get them to change my meter i have trying for 2 years still no joy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Computing business for sale - 0 posts
Lawyer in Costa Blanca South - 5 posts
LOOKING FOR ´SWAP´´ MY PLACE IN TENERIFE FOR CATALONIA JUN-AUG 2011 - 0 posts
Car-buy in UK or Spain - 3 posts
6 Month let required.. From June 2011 - 6 posts
rental prices - 3 posts
Rescue dog centres close to Playa Flamenca - 2 posts
Sambuca Thai on Sabinillas Paseo, Manilva area - 3 posts
AIDS - 0 posts
Are you having problems getting a mortgage? - 4 posts
Are People Willfully Blind? - 3 posts
Spouse of EU Citizen - Do I need marriage cert issued in EU country? - 6 posts
Is this for real - 1 posts
For Sale Ford Puma (English) - 2 posts
info on spain - 0 posts
A Good Spanish Justice Story! - 3 posts
Sol Villas rental co - 4 posts
Operacion Malaya part 1 on TVE1 tonight 22:15 - 0 posts
Endesa change of maximum consumption level - 16 posts
Mini bus hire - 5 posts
legal advice sought - 3 posts
UK car swap for Spanish - 0 posts
A speedy option - 0 posts
Easyjet Sale? - 3 posts
So That's Where He Went after leaving So Many in the Lurch! - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x