Any Dog Friendly Hotels - Santander to Alicante ??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by broph Star rating. 147 posts Send private message

Hi,

does anyone know of a dog friendly hotel or guest house en route from Santander to Alicante ?

We are planning our road trip for May of this year and will be taking our collie cross dog along. If there was a suitable venue approx. half way we may stop overnight.

regards

Ken

Like 0      
06 Jan 2011 10:33 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Its only 7 hours driving but there are 2 Paradores on the route google Paradores Spain

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2011 10:51 PM by broph Star rating. 147 posts Send private message

Thanks Fred for the reply,  we are likely to do a straight run but just in case we have to do overnight stop we thought of having a named venue will be worhtwhile. I will google as you suggested. Thanks

Ken

Like 0      
06 Jan 2011 11:15 PM by jmtwsm Star rating in Sabinillas CDS. 191 posts Send private message

jmtwsm´s avatar

As Spanish hotels generally do not allow dogs, I usually stay in French owned hotels like IBIS which all welcome dogs.

Jon

Like 0      
07 Jan 2011 9:22 AM by ptan Star rating in Los Naranjos Jardine.... 1696 posts Send private message

ptan´s avatar

There are IBIS hotels in Spain on your route ( Zaragoza & Valencia ) that take dogs.

Phil

Email: phil@naranjosuno.com

Web: www.naranjosuno.com

Like 0      
03 Sep 2011 1:44 PM by silverbirch35 Star rating in uk. 46 posts Send private message

you may find some here...in both france & spain but not sure if they have the area you want not too great on areas   www.thepetsdirectory.co.uk worth a try

Like 0      
03 Sep 2011 2:40 PM by Toddie Star rating in Nr Elche Alicante Hu.... 107 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by Toddie on 03/09/2011.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2012 11:17 AM by jdmrhs Star rating in Alternate between En.... 53 posts Send private message

Hi Ken,

If you havn't booked your crossing yet, don't forget to have a look on my listing to get up to 10% discount on your ferry tickets with Brittany Ferries.  You get this by using my membership number.  If you can't find it e mail me and I will send you the details.

Better still herewith details if anyone else wants to use it.

When booking on line drop down menu:

ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE TRAVEL CLUB - YES

PROPERTY CLUB NUMBER   S91197

MEMBERS NAME;  MOORHOUSE

You are a GUEST of the member.

On another subject, we are taking our new Spanish dog to England via Bilbao in June and it is the first time we have taken a dog on board.  Can anyone let me know what the form is and what you have to do.

Thanks

Joan

Like 0      
04 Mar 2012 12:57 PM by broph Star rating. 147 posts Send private message

Thanks Joan , i kept your details from last years booking and I have used it again this year. This time weve gone for Portmouth to Bilbao. looking forward to the trip in June.

When we traveeled last year the on board dog kennels were clean and tidy. You will however need to bring on board your dogs bedding and dog food. There is a fresh watersupply and clean foodbowl next to the kennels. Your dog will need to have been vacinated and certified on the dogs petpassport by the vet administering the treatments. Check out requirements on the Brittany Ferries website. or DEFRA website.

Kind Regards

Ken 

This message was last edited by broph on 04/03/2012.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2012 9:46 AM by jdmrhs Star rating in Alternate between En.... 53 posts Send private message

Hi Ken,

Glad you used the membership number and got your discount.

Thanks for info on dogs.  Can you tell me what you do when you get on board, do you go straight to the kennels with the dog then what do you do about your own luggage?  Where do they do their business and how often do you go to them.  It will all be a little strange for us and Oscar, as it's our first trip together.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

by the way regarding pet friendly hotels, we have booked into a hotel in Chinchon, near to Mardrid and get a one bedroomed apartment (dogs accepted)  the cost of E60 includes accommodation, breakfast  VAT and bottle of wine. (on the face of it, it looks a great deal.)  I have booked it via booking.com and just keyed in accepts dogs.  The hotel is called LA POSADA DEL ARCO.

Chinchon is a lovely place to visit with it's round plaza with lots of great Restaurants surrounding it.  Well worth a visit.

Regards

Joan

Like 0      
05 Mar 2012 12:46 PM by broph Star rating. 147 posts Send private message

Hi Joan,  when you drive onto the cardeck you will be allowed to take your dog up to the kennels where a member of staff will allocate a kennel and give your a swipe card that allows access to the kennels for anytime you wish. Bring the dogs bedding and dog food at this point. You then go back to your car to collect cabin baggae and go to your cabin etc. You are free to return to the dog kennel deck any time day or night.

If you are travelling on the Cap Finister there are a small number of pet friendly cabins which you can have your pooch with you from start to finish but they tend to get booked up so check with Brittany Ferries for availability.

There is some walking space and seating so you can sit relax on deck weather permitting. There are waste bins nearby for dog waste etc. Your dog may not feel the desire to have a pee on metal if he /she is used to grass ! so you may want to bring a piece of turf or patch of grass on board ?Seriously though there is plenty of outside space for the dogs. When we travelled last there were approx thirty dogs on the vessel with no problems that we could see.

Thanks for the info. on the accomodation near to Madrid it sounds good and we may take that one.

Regards

Ken

Like 0      
05 Mar 2012 3:40 PM by jdmrhs Star rating in Alternate between En.... 53 posts Send private message

Thanks Ken, Happy Sailing.

Joan

Like 0      
10 Nov 2012 4:16 PM by bethany123 Star rating in In a 5th wheel Ameri.... 2 posts Send private message

We are stopping over on our way to alicante in early dec at the ibis hotel valilla near Madrid this is a dog freindly hotel, hope our cavie likes it

Like 0      
10 Nov 2012 4:28 PM by jdmrhs Star rating in Alternate between En.... 53 posts Send private message

Hi Bethany,

Thanks for your reply.  We travelled over from Santander to Andalucia 2 weeks ago and found some wonderful Hotels.

The first one was in Palencia and they made more fuss of Oscar (the dog) than us.  We arrived late and they served a lovely meal in the room without any trouble.  If you want the name and address let me know.

We then stayed in Aranjuez on the second night.  Bit disappointed with this as we had to drive into the Cuidad, but Aranjuez was lovely and we had a great Italian Pizza and Lasagne and again they let Oscar in.

The third night was in Ubeda and the best.  Wonderful Hotel right in the middle of the old part surrounded by Churches, Monestaries and excellent Restaurants.  We went back to a Restaurant we know and of course Oscar came too.  Had Pork on Skewers, to die for.

Anyway if you need any names let me know.

Joan 

Like 0      
13 Jul 2014 7:35 PM by poniente5 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi Joan and Trevor we have used your discount code for the ferry for that last two years and again for this October. We stayed at the Hotel Mercedes in Aranjuez last year with our retired early guide dog he is a golden Labrador. We always used to stay in Chinchonbefore we adopted our dog but they do not accept dogs how did you find your place in Chinchon. We liked the hotel Mercedes in Aranjuez very dog friendly with secure parking which we need car  is usually full. Where did you find the Italian restaurant my husband loves Italian food it would be great to take our dog with us. We ate by the river in Aranjuez last year as it vwas October it was getting cooler asvcwe did not barrive until early evening. Roll on this October

Like 0      
14 Jul 2014 8:26 PM by jdmrhs Star rating in Alternate between En.... 53 posts Send private message

Hello,

So glad you sorted your bookings.  We return to Spain in October too via Portsmouth- Bilbao.  

We usually stay in Lerma on route to Aranjuez, but it may be a little close to Bilbao, so we will look for a hotel nearer to Madrid (dog friendly) any ideas would be appreciated.

We also stayed in the Hotel Mercedes, good but we wanted to be able to walk into Aranjuez, so last time we stayed in a lovely Hostal called Hostal Castilla. Lovely courtyard to have breakfast and good rooms.  No evening meal but plenty nearby.

Sorry can't remember the name of Italian Restaurant, but drive from Mercedes into Aranjuez and turn left.  Restaurant on left.

Have a good trip

Regards Joan

Like 0      
14 Jul 2014 8:42 PM by poniente5 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Had hotel Milagros Rio aza recommended but not far enough south for us. We arrive about 1pm in Bilboa and like to stay below Madrid for the first night. Chinchon was ideal for that. We can then be in Maro mid afternoon the following day. Intend staying at the Milagros when we travel home in the spring of 2015. Hotel Mercedes is on the outskirts of Aranjuez only a short walk to the Royal Gardens etc and the restaurant we ate at last year but we like to try different places. Thanks for your reply

Like 0      
15 Oct 2015 2:07 AM by lindajanecraig Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

my husband myself  and our Italian spinone traveled from Santander to Sax not far from alicanti. We found ibis hotel group dog freindly, and they only charged 6 euros per night and there is an Ibis in all bIgger cities on yhe way south,have a good holiday,woof from nesta

Like 0      
24 Jun 2016 9:47 AM by davidpeter Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

My parents show their dogs and when they used to live in Tahoe Rentals they would travel out to country areas for dog shows and mainly the places that accepted pets were caravan/cabin parks, I think they only got a hotel in Tahoe once. They allow dogs.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2016 1:04 PM by stuart1963 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Ibis are OK, also Campanile have Hotels in nearly every town, some better than others they are a franchise, I wouldn`t try and make it to Madrid in 1 day, no way just to drive the length of France to get to Santander is 12 hours so better off stopping well before Santander, I have done this route with my dogs at least 10 times. 2 overnight stops are favourite though if you can 1 night is possible.

Good luck and enjoy your drive.

Stuart.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How to get from Malaga station to Cathedral area - 1 posts
Small website for rental property - 2 posts
Experianced bar/resturant manager seeks work - 0 posts
Hello! - 4 posts
Information on El Raso, Guardamar Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Good News - 6 posts
Business Directory Error - 1 posts
Solar water heaters - 13 posts
Benalmadena wi fi connection - 2 posts
Los Tres Reyes Magos - 2 posts
The president of lawyers for collaboration to improve Justice - 0 posts
Smoking Ban - 2 posts
Time to swap your Nationwide account - 43 posts
Newbees - 2 posts
Hello! I'm also new here!! - 1 posts
Bacco D.O.C. Valencia - 2 posts
hi,i am new here. - 0 posts
help me please - 2 posts
SC IPHONE 4G - 6 posts
Iberdrola energy company - 2 posts
I am leaving Spain - 6 posts
Alternatives?? - 3 posts
How can I get a better price on the ski pass for Sierra Nevada? - 15 posts
Summer job - 0 posts
english electrician will i be able to work in spain? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x