Alternatives??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Having just received notification of my last two month´s electricity usage, via Iberdrola and the net, my nether regions twitched!! 347.00 Euro for two months!!!

I am probably not the most careful of users but with health issues, it is imperative I keep warm and it has been a bit "brass monkeys" recently!

Bearing in mind there will be a big increase, I believe in April, does anybody know of a cheaper supplier.

I visited a Spain Exhibition some time ago and there was a stand advertising more economical rates but cannot remember their name, or if the were any "catches" involved? The stand was very crowded, so after a long period we gave up.

Thanks in advance for any information.

pilgrim

Like 0      
03 Jan 2011 1:26 PM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

Blimey that seems real high considering where you're located has around 320 days of sunshine and usually heat is only required for about 2 months of the year (although I agree, it's been unusually cold in recent times).

Was it an actual reading or an estimate as we've had large estimates follow by a massive credit from Iberdrola in the past?

Have you considered alternative forms of heating, for example installing a log burner?

Alternatively you could do some comparisons on prices for:

Like 0      
03 Jan 2011 1:34 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

"Having just received notification of my last two month´s electricity usage, via Iberdrola and the net, my nether regions twitched!! 347.00 Euro for two months!!!"

347€ for just two months!

I think my nether regions would have done a lot more than just twitching!

I've been looking into changing supplier and will post some results on here over the next few days, once I've had a chance to correlate the info I've received.

In the mean time, it might be worth checking that someone isn't tapping into your power!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
03 Jan 2011 3:27 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

If it was an estimate, and your actual usage was a lot less, then assuming that you have been with Iberdrola for a year you can arrange a different contract with them. I believe they will average your payments over the year so you pay the same amount each month.  I say "I believe" as we plan to do this, however we will need to go into Yecla to do so, as we also want to register for internet billing. 

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How can I get a better price on the ski pass for Sierra Nevada? - 15 posts
Summer job - 0 posts
english electrician will i be able to work in spain? - 0 posts
New Case Law November 2010 on Banks risponsabilities - 45 posts
Torresta - 1 posts
If you missed this, here you are .. the fireworks in London at midnight. - 4 posts
Let me introduce myself. - 4 posts
Wanted to buy in Malaga Area - 2 posts
Last Christmas - 0 posts
Surgery in Spain - 4 posts
Grupo Domingo - 2 posts
tv/sat reccomendations - 0 posts
May we all have a vision... Happy New Year - 8 posts
Struggling to pay spanish mortgages - 4 posts
Longterm let wanted - 3 posts
Register cottage 'change of use' so we can rent it out - 0 posts
The cost of transferring money from La Caixa to Natwest via online banking. - 5 posts
spanish lawyer will not refund money - 11 posts
Advice - 0 posts
Kelly's, Monte Duquesa, Manilva area - 4 posts
Aifos - Bahia del Golf, Almerima - 0 posts
President caught for embezzelment - 1 posts
COMBITRANS - anyone used them before?? - 0 posts
Peugeot 1007 FOR SALE! - 0 posts
Moving from Spain - many items for sale! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x