The president of lawyers for collaboration to improve Justice

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jan 2011 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Legal tip 424. The president of lawyers for collaboration to improve Justice
05 January 2011 @ 11:17

Quite "ad hoc", specially becuase of the discussions in our forums of recent days regarding how lawyers can contribute to improve the status of the Justice administration in Spain, I received yesterday the newsletter of the General Council of Lawyers and read with special interest an article by his current president Carlos Carnicer .

There are ellections for the renewal of the presidency next Friday, the 14th of January, so it must be a good time for the initiative that you are aksing us to promote to start working.

The article is on a lecture that Mr. Carnicer delivered in Club Siglo XXI and he says, among other statements:

-After 32 years of Constitution in Spain, the desires of citizenship for a serene, balanced, pro-guaranatee and efficient judicial system for the achievement of Justice, fully committed with the defense of fundamental rights and public liberties, which can generate trust among citizenships has not been completely met.

- The Administration of Justice has the lower level of steem among administrations by citizens

- The Administration of Justice is not producing adequate responses to the attempts for modernization that are being promoted. Justice is still slow, which means it is bad or unefficient.

- Politicians have generally shown low interest for the improvement of this Administration, probably because it does not make them gain votes.

- There is a clear lack of coordination among the Ministry of Justice, the General Council of Judicial Power and eleven regions ( Comunidades Autónomas) with transfered competencies.

- The best budgets for the Justice Administration are  the current ones, in this crisis times.

The most interesting statement in my opinion is that of the overcoming of the crisis of the Judicial administration to need not just an adequate budget but also agility for the legislative initiative and developments and the collaboration of Public Administrations, proffessionals and users of the services of Justice, being General Councils among these.

It is serious we are starting to work on gathering lawyers for a call to the General Council of Lawyers so we can influence them for them to influence changes on the effectiveness of the judicial system. We are creating a small website with Forums, an open and simple one just for open proposals and availability by Lawyers in Spain.

Does it sound good?

Tonight is Three Kings night in Spain, oh yeah!

Maria

Valencia Balcony by Brett Bullborg at Flickr.com

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Smoking Ban - 2 posts
Time to swap your Nationwide account - 43 posts
Newbees - 2 posts
Hello! I'm also new here!! - 1 posts
Bacco D.O.C. Valencia - 2 posts
hi,i am new here. - 0 posts
help me please - 2 posts
SC IPHONE 4G - 6 posts
Iberdrola energy company - 2 posts
I am leaving Spain - 6 posts
Alternatives?? - 3 posts
How can I get a better price on the ski pass for Sierra Nevada? - 15 posts
Summer job - 0 posts
english electrician will i be able to work in spain? - 0 posts
New Case Law November 2010 on Banks risponsabilities - 45 posts
Torresta - 1 posts
If you missed this, here you are .. the fireworks in London at midnight. - 4 posts
Let me introduce myself. - 4 posts
Wanted to buy in Malaga Area - 2 posts
Last Christmas - 0 posts
Surgery in Spain - 4 posts
Grupo Domingo - 2 posts
tv/sat reccomendations - 0 posts
May we all have a vision... Happy New Year - 8 posts
Struggling to pay spanish mortgages - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x