House damage from the rain, help!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Dec 2010 12:00 AM by puretone Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello people,

I would love to hear your advice on my ever problematic house...

My house is still new-ish (completion 2008, bought off-plan) and it was damaged by heavy downpour from last year/early this year. We've found out that some part of our roof was not tightly sealed and water permeated  through walls/ceiling in most bedrooms. It's a constructural issue.

There seem quite a few people who are in the same boat in the community and we've appointed 'El Perito' to come around to check individual houses. That way we can collectively take the developer to the court since the developer has gone bankrupt. We have been advised not to do any work on the house as it may weaken the evidence from the damage hence disadvantage any compensation due from the court case. El perito did say that we would get compensated eventually, though it might take a bit long.

That was before this Summer and we haven't heard much yet since. I am now really worried what if my house is damaged further from this winter's rain..at the same time if we have to re-do the roof out of our money with the hope of being reimbursed, which we can't afford it anyway. How much will it cost to lift and refit the roof????

Anyone had a similar experience? Just any advice would be appreciated.

I'm losing my sleep over this big time. :-(

Thanks for reading.

puretone

Like 0      
06 Dec 2010 1:32 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Every new property has a 10 structural guarantee.  I don't know how it works, as I've never needed to enforce it, but have you looked into this?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sky Digibox Pace DV3 - 0 posts
How do I fill out the 'Declaracion de Residencia Fiscal' form? - 1 posts
Christmas Fair and Party - 4 posts
Hacienda Marina, Benalmadina, developed by AIFOS - 0 posts
Wall heaters - 27 posts
Zaragoza - 2 posts
Very Long Holiday Weekend - Shops Shut? - 8 posts
Why Banks do not react? - 5 posts
Spanish ATC Strike - 1 posts
Need to get to Bank in Benidorm - 1 posts
Orphanages in Malaga - 1 posts
Life's like that.. - 2 posts
smoking ban - 250 posts
Halifax/Lloyds takeover - 25 posts
HELP FIND NATACHA - Disappeared in Marbella 1st Dec 7PM - 4 posts
Strike Action Over Xmas - 1 posts
Two years in Spain! - 4 posts
Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup - 7 posts
Russia to host 2018 World Cup - 2 posts
Expensive UK - 17 posts
Insurance for Bicycles - 2 posts
The end of the €425 unemployment benefit - 11 posts
certificado habitacion - 10 posts
GAS BOTTLE HEATING - 6 posts
selling spanish reg car in england - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x