Why Banks do not react?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Dec 2010 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Legal tip 407. Why Banks do not react...? 
04 December 2010 @ 09:58 

I am wondering:

Why Banks do not react and set an strategy to make all these hundreds of buyers happier with an alternative?

Banks who actually are now Super-Estate agents should maybe start thinking of claimers out of Law 57/68 in a completely different way. This would involve a new paradigm in the way they have been doing business so far but will bring to themhappy faces, happy human faces happy person faces which is what they need and what they forgot about during the last decades.

For instance: why not to turn a Bank Guarantee claimer into a prospetive good buyer of one of their properties ( after they reduce prices realistically), with a financiation plan ahead? A financiation plan tailored to the real needs and possibilities of the buyer at present moment?

Why not to turn a claimer based on point 1.2 of Law 57/68 ( liability of Bank for lack of Bank Guarantee) into one of these above too?

Person oriented Banks are the ultimate and only sustainable Banks:  it is not an uthopy. This is the call of the times for Financial system these days.

Maybe, we, citizenship need to do the big claim for this. no problem about this but..... we need Banks who listen to us.

Have a great weekend, Monday and Wednesday are feast days in Spain.

Cheers,

Maria

Door and pot of flowers in Alpujarras by Thiery49 at Flickr.com 

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Dec 2010 1:19 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

A bank that listens to it's customers..........and pigs might fly.

Nice idea, Maria!

Buen fin de semana

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
04 Dec 2010 3:42 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

I would also be very wary of any "enforced" solution of this nature, offloading building stock on developments that were half finished, substandard build, over valued, without legal habitation licences in place, where developers or Banks had the upper hand of community management etc. All the abusive aspects that have now come to light within the real estate industry.

I think happy faces would only come from reimbursement of monies, allowing choice thereafter of any reasonable offers  that the Banks made available, where choice is the key word. I would be most concerned if this led to a situation where Banks would give preference to those willing to "do a deal" at the expense of those who wanted return of their monies.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2010 5:51 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Ads: I mean a deal with those claiming deposits against them.....

Roberto: that is the problem of our economies: Banks who do not listen to their clients

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Dec 2010 7:58 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Maria, sorry if this sounded confusing but that is exactly who I was referring to in my previous post.

Unfortunately there are far too many vulnerabilities that still exist within the real estate, legal and banking sectors to address before many of those who have been affected by developers and Banks and are awaiting return of their monies, would feel comfortable reinvesting in Spain. Consumer protection has to be at the forefront of any agenda if this problem of over supply is ever to be resolved.

Many of us could sadly write a long list of reasons why, as things stand right now, we would not wish to reinvest in Spain using the existing housing stock held by the Banks, and the sooner that the government recognise these problems and demonstrate by swiftly returning monies to those who have legitimate case wins against developers, or Banks recognise their responsibilities according to the law, then we will never feel safe in Spain. Our confidence in Spain has been shattered to be honest and continues so long as we read of more and more cases of consumer abuse. We can no longer just turn a blind eye to instances of mal administration, corruption and manipulative practices that significantly affect lives , and continue supporting the status quo.

Sadly much has to change, and to suggest that letting the Banks and developers off the hook in this way before addressing the need for legal reform, fair justice, and greater consumer protection, is wrong. That will resolve nothing in the longer term and is just another way of skirting around some uncomfortable truths.

This message was last edited by ads on 06/12/2010.

Like 0      
06 Dec 2010 1:50 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

maria

I can see what you are saying here as a possible option, but despite the positive aspects of Spain that led most to buy in the first place, many people cheated are now so appalled by the Spanish legal and justice system that I don't  think at the moment they would want a place in Spain even at a very low price and even with a cheap or long term credit agreement?  What people want is what is rightfully their's, and that's their money back and no ties to Spain.  Perhaps when changes are made, then many more people will once again see Spain as somewhere they want to invest in, but until then, the only fair solution is return of monies, and if the banks wont do that, then it's up to the Spanish government, and if they continue to ignore calls for justice then the  EU should sort it out?.  I haven't got much faith in them either though, it's just a very 'wrong' situation and of that there's no doubt!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish ATC Strike - 1 posts
Need to get to Bank in Benidorm - 1 posts
Orphanages in Malaga - 1 posts
Life's like that.. - 2 posts
smoking ban - 250 posts
Halifax/Lloyds takeover - 25 posts
HELP FIND NATACHA - Disappeared in Marbella 1st Dec 7PM - 4 posts
Strike Action Over Xmas - 1 posts
Two years in Spain! - 4 posts
Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup - 7 posts
Russia to host 2018 World Cup - 2 posts
Expensive UK - 17 posts
Insurance for Bicycles - 2 posts
The end of the €425 unemployment benefit - 11 posts
certificado habitacion - 10 posts
GAS BOTTLE HEATING - 6 posts
selling spanish reg car in england - 1 posts
"The Building Log Book" versus "Libro de Edificio" - 0 posts
USING MONEYCORP - 12 posts
Vodafone Customer Service - 5 posts
Introducing aguilas389 - 1 posts
hi - 1 posts
Freesat Recorders - 4 posts
How do the the three kings arrive in your town / city? - 4 posts
tax office address - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x