Would like to meet new people

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by mandy36 Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 8 posts Send private message

HI everyone,

Im in my late 30's and living in Spain at the moment near Torrevieja.  I have a lovely husband who works full time and we have two children who are at school from 9 - 5 Monday to Friday. My problem is Im at home most of the time and Im bored out of my brain !!  There's only so much housework a woman can do !!

I miss my friends in the UK and have a couple of  friends here.  Most of the people I know are Mums from my kids school, but most of them work, or are busy with small children etc.  I would really like to get out and about more and meet new people before I die of boredom.

I would love to hear from anyone who knows of a cycling club, badminton club or something like this in my area.  I have the use of a car during the day so getting about isnt a problem. In fact anything will do really as long Im out of the house (even if its just once a week for a couple of hours).  A ladies coffee morning sounds good, I dont mind what I do, as long as Im doing something.  Pleae help.

Would really appreciate any help/advice anyone can give me.  Thanks.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2010 7:37 PM by moggy Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Hi Mandy,When we first arrived in spain all thought we had no children we felt much the same as you,but you have to get out there and find out what is going on in your area.Use the inter net Torrevieja must have a big ex pat community,find out if there is a local walking group,start up your own lunch group were you meet up once a week /month and try a local spanish restaurant,check with the tourist office,local town hall for activties in your area.If you speak spanish have your own coffee morning for the mothers of your childrens school friends.If you have a local free  paper, check that for what is happening with groups locally.We now find so much going on in our area that we really dont have time to do everything.Iwish you luck and i am sure in time you will find lots of thinks to fill up your days.Good Luck

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Autonomo mine field - 0 posts
Don't forget clocks go back on Sunday - 11 posts
GEOCACHING - 1 posts
UK Driving licence replacement - 6 posts
Holiday Lets versus Long Term Tenancy - 6 posts
Malaga Airport - Current Parking situation - 4 posts
Is it a good time to buy? - 29 posts
Retirement Villages - 10 posts
To dream the impossible dream.... - 9 posts
Free P&P - delivery to Spain from UK - 12 posts
Full Tank Of Petrol Con - 4 posts
Stealing Community Electricity inWinter - 6 posts
Calling all ex-pat market traders...... - 14 posts
Proffessional liabilities of conveyancers - 33 posts
Lost Luggage - 1 posts
International van insurance nightmare - 6 posts
Even more jokes - 3 posts
Even more jokes - 2 posts
Work Carried out for the Benefit of Individual Properties - 3 posts
Community voting - what is a majority? - 18 posts
RENTACARSPAIN.COM - 24 posts
Dogs on the beach - 5 posts
Making a Formal Objection About a General Meeting - 1 posts
Spam prevention - 12 posts
Endesa rate change - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x