RENTACARSPAIN.COM

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by glenn&kerry Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

hi]

just trying to sort out a 6 seater car for easter next year for 8 days at malaga. plrices are really expensive but rentacarspain.com seems quite resonable. i was wondering if anyone had used them before? im a little wairy as ive never heard of them and they ask for passport details and driving licensce info at boking stage which we normally give on arrival. would appreciate any feedback good or bad!! or if there is anyone you have used and could reccommend.

thanks

kerry

Like 0      
26 Oct 2010 4:54 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Kerry

Personally, I'm not very sure about them.  I myself would probably look elsewhere.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
27 Oct 2010 8:17 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

we always use Brunos and the price you get on line is the price you pay, if it's quarter full when you get it you leave it the same way, they are really good and you pick the car up on third floor of car park in Malaga and no waiting around.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
01 Mar 2012 3:19 AM by billco Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Not nice person to deal with... Smart Ass attitude...
They charge a 400 euro deposit on my credit card and have not returned it yet
Several phone call.... Lots of promises
Best viewed from a distance in the rear view mirror of another Car Hire company.

Incidentally most car hire in Malaga catch you on the cost of petrol.
Charge you for a full tank at about €2.00 a litre or more and say bring it back empty!!!!!
It's another way to get your money
The weather is great though
Enjoy
Bill

Like 0      
05 Sep 2012 2:31 PM by conda Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Bill,

Did you get your deposit back ?

We took a car with them for a month upto 22 August, a Citreon Picasso that must have been at least 8 years old and worth maybe 4-5k!, front right light out,break light out,gearbox was like that of a tractor,tyres needed changing,car wasn't cleaned and was deliver 90 mins late and €903 was the price!, having reported the problems i got its ok in Spain but far worse than that was the €400 they took for a deposit, this wasn't to be seen anywhere on the website and its not been returned, i wrote them 3 times and they never replied!

Luckily for me i'm not in great need of the €400 but this is all about principal and their attitude stinks, i would question the legality of there website (No details about who they are and where they are----Illegal for an EU trading company), My husband who is a lawyer laughed at the contract and says he can't wait to be let free on this!, i see so many complaints about this company on the internet in that they don't return deposits, they appear to have a depot or office at Calle Tenerife , Arroyo Miel!

In my opinion they are simply using the deposit has cashflow and that would be illegal, it should be ringfenced!

Has their are many ways to go for them i was wondering if others have still not received their deposit back, i'm even contemplating doing a chargeback for the whole sum has everything was paid by visa, i think all Visa card users can do that, whilst we have the added benefit of having a platinum card (Better service) it seems to be an option for anyone upto 120 days after the sale was made!

In me i can assure you they have found their match, i'm sort of hoping they don't pay me back to be quite honest!

So anyone else not received the deposit back ? Rentacarspain/carmalagahire!

Like 0      
05 Sep 2012 10:28 PM by billco Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Yes eventually got deposit back
Had to almost threaten them with a personal " debt collector"
Said I was about to call with friends they may not like
Got refunded
Will never use them again

Have bought a car in Spain
Enjoy the sun
B

Like 0      
05 Sep 2012 10:29 PM by billco Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Yes eventually got deposit back
Had to almost threaten them with a personal " debt collector"
Said I was about to call with friends they may not like
Got refunded
Will never use them again

Have bought a car in Spain
Enjoy the sun
B

Like 0      
06 Sep 2012 10:07 AM by conda Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Good to hear!

Life could be easier but looks like we need to take the same route, we have some good Russian friends who have offered to take this up but im not so sure if i want to go that way, all the same will be easy to track them down and make them pay a lot more!

best

Like 0      
08 May 2013 10:30 AM by Johncox12 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We loved Malaga and its surroundings. beaches, the weather, sun. We were touring by rental car and the area was impressive. I recommend the trip. And if you need a rental car, I recommend this companie. The service is excellent and the prices even better.

Like 0      
09 May 2013 9:37 PM by fazeress Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

I booked a 9 seater Mercedes Vito for a week last summer and as I booked it early got a good price.  Even with the fuel and the extra for insurance to cover wheels and windscreen etc... it cost us about £640.00  Unfortunately i can't remember the name but it is always the same if you book as early as you can you get a better price.  We picked up from Malaga Airport, slightly off actually but they picked us up and it was just at the first roundabout you come to when you drive out of the airport.  It was all good.  I don't think I can put who we normally use on here but you can PM me if you would like to know!

Like 0      
27 Jun 2013 5:56 PM by JosephLn Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I am 64 years old and managed to get a puncture whilst renting a car from rentacarspain. There was no chance at my age to change the tyre. I called them and they sent assistance that arrived in 20 minutes. The assistance changed the tyre for me and I was away very quickly. Because I had taken the tyre and glass insurance they did not charge me anything. First class service.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2013 6:58 PM by Numba1nursey Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by Numba1nursey on 27/06/2013.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2013 9:02 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

We always book a car through this website which re-directs to "Do You Spain" website. always had no problem and you will be advised if the pick up is "in terminal building" or an external source.   Sometimes its worth paying a bit extra to remove all the worry.

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2013 11:16 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

what's their fuel policy....is it get full and bring back empty ?...no one uses a full tank it's a 30 euro rip off

so is it credit card and another 150 euros for insurance up front ?

I like the cash up front , where they don't have your credit card......full tank when you get it......take it back full

step forward

al andulus cars

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 7:31 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

John Mac.         
                      If you are that interested in what a company provides why not give them a call, instead of asking here and maybe getting conflicting info?       Rentacarspain is    +34-9-1791-1261

Joseph
                      too old at 64 ?  I am just off for a bike ride, in an hour I will do 16 miles.

And most, if not all, insurance companies in Spain provide a break down service, which include changing a tyre,. So probably not the rental company who provided the service

This message was last edited by johnzx on 28/06/2013.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 12:35 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I think it's better to actually hear the experiences of people who have used these companies. Car hire companies are not going to detail hidden charges etc. when you phone them, are they ?

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 12:40 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

There is another thread here about charges incurred for a full tank of fuel.

( see thread -     Bad management or just a total rip off! )

I called the company involved, and they said the charges as quoted in the thead were wrong and that if someone had been charged that they should contact them for a refund.

If you had relied on the fact that said they were charged a certain amount the info would have been wrong. 

Horse’s mouth etc.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 2:23 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

It varies what you get charged for a Full Tank of fuel depending on the car tank and the hire company. The lowest cost we had was from Centuro in Murcia 55 Euros. This charge also included an amount for  "FILLING IT UP"  i.e  the cost for someone goimng to the service station and delivering you a car ready to go.  Worst Value we had was from GOLD CAR where the tank dial moved onto three quarters full within 45 minutes of driving so it wasnt full .Pobably a gallon short. Thanks Gold car but we never used them again

This message was last edited by aliton on 28/06/2013.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 2:50 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Fuel gauges are notoriously inaccurate, so what the gauge shows can usually only be assumed to be approximate.

Driving up or down a steep gradient also affects the reading .

The only way one can be sure the tank is full is to try putting ,more fuel in.  

When filling,  we all know, especially with some cars, that the petrol pump will switch off before the tank is full, but if we try to put in more fuel,  slowly, then maybe several litres more can be added.  Thus a ‘full tank’ may not be full.

If a hire car employee is told to fill the tank, then as soon as the pump switches off, they may be satisfied. That does not necessarily mean the company are being dishonest.  The person filling the tank would have no easy way to benefit from a tank being under full so why would they intentionally do it. ?

(For over 30 years I have almost always filled my tank to the very top, so that I can calculate the exact amount of fuel  I have used between fill ups, and thus the exact MPG.  Thus,  I know very well how much more fuel I have been able to add after the pump initially switches off).

If you are really concerned. I suggest going to the nearest garage and try adding more fuel,  If you can add a significant amount,  return immediately to the hire car office. Your very small mileage and the garage receipt will probably result in a refund.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 4:24 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Hi Johnzx

I doubt if anyone is going to go to the trouble of  finding a garage and trying to get more fuel into the Hire Car as all you want to do is get to your destination after the flight  ASAP>

"If a hire car employee is told to fill the tank, then as soon as the pump switches off, they may be satisfied. That does not necessarily mean the company are being dishonest. The person filling the tank would have no easy way to benefit from a tank being under full so why would they intentionally do it. ?"

Returning cars being "turned round" would have varying amounts of fuel left in the tank.............Who knows how much fuel it would take to fill or how it is paid for and obviously  it would be easy  for anyone to fill up a second  "spare container" or stike up a deal with the cashier at the service station....... know what I mean.. "nudge nudge wink wink." say no more ..  Not a bad little earner.

I have been driving small "hire cars" for years and know that 35 miles ( 50KM) does not move the fuel gage to three quarters.... so in my humble opinion I was done by GOLD CAR>> 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dogs on the beach - 5 posts
Making a Formal Objection About a General Meeting - 1 posts
Spam prevention - 12 posts
Endesa rate change - 1 posts
Endesa rate change - 0 posts
covera airport update - 2 posts
LOOKING FOR TONY GATEHOUSE - MEDSEA - 1 posts
dont forget to buy the logs in - 0 posts
Rusty Air Con Unit - 3 posts
Halifax Hispania - On Line Banking Problems - 8 posts
Returning to Scotland - 1 posts
Is it me - 0 posts
Licence for scooters - 8 posts
car or van wanted - 0 posts
I am knackered - 0 posts
Apartment wanted within 40 mins commute of Gibraltar - 9 posts
Anyone intrested in doing a bit of house swopping - 0 posts
Agua Potable o no ! - 6 posts
Dumbstruck!! - 1 posts
Kia Sportage 4wd 4900 eur - 1 posts
BBC One HD - 3rd November 2010 - 4 posts
Roof Beams Protection- Help Needed! - 5 posts
english will- spanish bank - 7 posts
Hi to everyone........ - 3 posts
Somebody pooped in the garage - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x