Now I know what the Spanish really think of the Brits

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Oct 2010 10:24 PM by John Wolfendale Star rating in Granada. 53 posts Send private message

Presumably it is equally unpleasant being spat on by a Spaniard, a Brit or a Chinaman.

Do all Spanish spit on people...........or all Brits..........or all Chinamen?

I wonder if the same kind of stuff get posted on forums within the Spanish community in the UK, or the Chinese community in..............Pakistan.

I bet it does.

I must have a look at the Spanish ones in London!

Like 0      
18 Oct 2010 10:42 PM by John Wolfendale Star rating in Granada. 53 posts Send private message

Well I had a quick look at the London forums in Spanish and someones been hit by her flat mate although she doesnt say what nationality the agressor was.

Apart from that there is nothing bad being said about the general behaviour of the host population.

So presumably that means that all Brits are impecably behaved ;-).....................if there are any left in London these days

Like 0      
18 Oct 2010 11:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Markfish said earlier "Brits have a bad reputation abroad and the Spanish a bad rep at home". Considering how many Brits travel abroad, and how few Spaniards ever venture beyond their own borders, I guess that makes us all as bad as each other?

We all know Brits are not all impeccably behaved "at home", but the most remarkable perception of visiting Spaniards in the UK is likely to be the fact that we form orderly queues everywhere. To them, pretty weird, but hardly offensive.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 Oct 2010 8:07 PM by Angell Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

My wife and I have lived in Estepona for 23 years and have travelled all over Spain and have never had one complaint about the Spanish people, we think they are wonderful, could give many instances of their care and thoughtfulness.

Like 0      
19 Oct 2010 10:13 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Although John and I have only been living in Spain for just over two years I first visited Spain in 1968.  The two of us visited Spain on many occasions before we moved here, staying in many different areas.  The vast majority of our experiences have been very positive, and even though somebody broke into our trastero just after we moved into our new home, the kindness and helpfulness of our Spanish neighbours (one of whom we had never spoken to at that stage) more than made up for that one bad experience.  I have also had bad experiences back in the UK (including somebody stealing clothes from my washing line!) so as said earlier there are good and bad people everywhere.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Air Conditioning Intallation Engineers - Granada City Area - 0 posts
Important changes to BBC TV frequencies this weekend - 8 posts
new to this,be gentle - 0 posts
Strike in France again - 5 posts
Air Strikes - 4 posts
VOLVO S40 D5 - 0 posts
Flight cancellations!! What happened to you? - 4 posts
POPPY APPEAL 2010 - THE ROYAL BRITISH LEGION IN SPAIN - 0 posts
absolutely shocking - 14 posts
Easyjet flights for 2011 - 11 posts
Restaurante Chikito, Granada - 2 posts
Newbie! - 1 posts
Hi there Everyone. - 1 posts
European Type Approval - 7 posts
banks - 2 posts
hello everyone - 4 posts
marbella/pgou/license - 0 posts
Spain Area Guides - 4 posts
Question on Busot in Costa Blanca North as a place to live - 2 posts
Just a simple hello from me. - 12 posts
Golf at Medina Elvira - 0 posts
car insurance in spain - 2 posts
Maternity services on Costa Blanca...experiences - 1 posts
Discount El Corte Ingles vouchers - 0 posts
Self employed book seller trialling new life in Spain needs help and advice! - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x