Strike in France again

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by Mick28 Star rating in Essex.UK/ Velez Rubi.... 15 posts Send private message

Just had message from Ryanair to say our flights have been cancelled on Tuesday 19th Oct at 6.55 tried to phone reservation centre but closes at 5pm and the premuim rate centre closes at 7pm How are you able to change your flights. When you go on the web site to change your flight your only able to change out bound flights which when I change, we go out on the same time as we fly back, as only going out for 3 days.

What a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
16 Oct 2010 10:24 AM by gill556 Star rating in orihuela. 69 posts Send private message

it appears that there is also a shortage of fuel in some areasl due to 11 out of 12 refineries being closed, no deliveries expected for at least a week so take care if you decide to drive through France

Like 0      
16 Oct 2010 5:10 PM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar

I tried to change it online and it confirmed and then printed out a duplicate of the original flights before the cancellation. So stressful and we are now here until the 26th and now we fly out from Alicante and not Murcia an we will have to get further car hire.

I really hate Ryanair . OK things go wrong ,but premium rate numbers and web-sites that do not work.

Like 0      
17 Oct 2010 12:45 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

My brother-in-law's flight from Murcia to Luton on the 19th has been cancelled so I have been on-line and got the next available flight out which is Saturday 23rd.

Absolutely NO PROBLEM AND NO STRESS and you can hardly nblame Ryanair for the French air strike !

However, he doesn't know yet as he has gone to bed early !!!!!!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
17 Oct 2010 10:48 AM by Mick28 Star rating in Essex.UK/ Velez Rubi.... 15 posts Send private message

Finally got though to Ryanair after 6 hours of trying, and was able change the fights from Almeria to Alicante airport for the same day the 19th. Thought all flights was cancelled if you fly over France?

Although once I had managed to get though the person at Ryanair was very helpful. Not all bad.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2010 10:27 AM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar

Why is it only Ryanair ,who have cancelled flights ,other airlines have gone around France .Therefore Ryanair are in breach of EU regs because they could have got you home on the 19th October . They decided for economic reasons (fuel) that  they would upset the lives of their passengers .

We are here for another week ,with all the additional costs and missed appointments back home.

Some got lucky and changed their flights easily ,others had to ring on revenue generating phone-lines and it was pot luck as to what they got and how many had got in ,in front of them.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Air Strikes - 4 posts
VOLVO S40 D5 - 0 posts
Flight cancellations!! What happened to you? - 4 posts
POPPY APPEAL 2010 - THE ROYAL BRITISH LEGION IN SPAIN - 0 posts
absolutely shocking - 14 posts
Easyjet flights for 2011 - 11 posts
Restaurante Chikito, Granada - 2 posts
Newbie! - 1 posts
Hi there Everyone. - 1 posts
European Type Approval - 7 posts
banks - 2 posts
hello everyone - 4 posts
marbella/pgou/license - 0 posts
Spain Area Guides - 4 posts
Question on Busot in Costa Blanca North as a place to live - 2 posts
Just a simple hello from me. - 12 posts
Golf at Medina Elvira - 0 posts
car insurance in spain - 2 posts
Maternity services on Costa Blanca...experiences - 1 posts
Discount El Corte Ingles vouchers - 0 posts
Self employed book seller trialling new life in Spain needs help and advice! - 11 posts
Personal Loans - 10 posts
Position Required - 0 posts
which place is suitable for the elderly in Spain? - 13 posts
Grammatical Rules for forum posts...(Only Joking...) - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x