Done the deed!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 May 2007 12:00 AM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar
Well just to let all know that we bought a property! but in-between?? it's not off-plan and its not a resale!! Really liked the La Marina area, as obviously its like little Britain, so probably a good starter for us, bought in San Fulgencio, whether right or wrong? remains to be seen ha!ha! but have to say we fell for it straight off, especially having looked at different properties in the area. So hope we made the right decision?

Like 0      
04 May 2007 9:58 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Well done Maggie.  Enjoy your time there.  It really is a lovely area and I hope you have a great time discovering the delights of the surrounding countryside as well as the glorious beaches.  My wife absolutely loves the markets and I'm (sad to say) getting to agree with her.  Also love the amount and variety of restaurants in the area.  Despite some of the negative remarks you may read, I'm sure you will make a great many friends and have a great time.

Like 0      
04 May 2007 10:14 PM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar
Thanks for that Bob, was given ithe information on the resale site, but I've gone midway? ha!ha! have the photos of the property and its built to the solarium, so have no problem waiting a few months for completion, and have no worries about people who have added everything on without building permissions??, but thats not to say there wont be probs and I'll be SAD again

Like 0      
04 May 2007 11:06 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Now, now, MaggieB.  Don't be sad.  We had (have) lots of problems.  But, when I visit and sit in my holiday home I am really relaxed.  I look around and think, even with builders going to the wall and not having my deeds etc......... I really made the right choice.  When I'm there, all the problems in UK (and the world) seem to disappear.  The only thing I can say is "It's all worth it in the end" which is why I'm really, really (no, I'm not trying to get the most points for putting really in one thread) looking forward to going over for good and, hopefully, having the same feeling I get when I just go on holiday, Maybe I'm the one with rose tinted specs on but so what, I still think I have made the right decision and I hope that you will feel that way (eventually!!!). 

PS.   I've always had good service at Carrefour!!!!!

Like 0      
04 May 2007 11:47 PM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar

Well done the deed now and no going back on this one,putting our bad experience behind us and moving on,just have to watch points as dealing with 1 property and financial implications, that being our home in Scotland!,property in Jumilla,that is in the hands of a solicitor, and now committed to this house in La Marina?But not going to let one bad experience stop us!!

Like 0      
05 May 2007 12:10 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Well done Mags,

sounds like you did the same as us, do you mean in between being already built so you can actually stand in it but also having the advantage of choosing tiles and things? I'm no good with off plan and I'm an estate agent!!!!   You sound soooooo excited. We had the keys for ours just last month and nothing beats that feeling. Problem is the more you go over the harder it is to come back. Roll on retirement, quite a few years to go yet  Hope you will be as happy as we are. Going over in 3 weeks time can't wait.

Gina

Like 0      
05 May 2007 11:00 AM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar

Hi Gina

It is actually built,just needs finishing inside and painted etc on the outside,so thats brill.Really looking fwd to furniture shopping ha!ha!,so have an excuse now to come out as often as I can!Hadn't thought about tiles actually,think I was too excited yesterday!!It's supposed to be ready end of July,but we're saying Sep/Oct as it is Spain ha!ha!

Like 0      
07 May 2007 10:49 PM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar
Did actually try to put a photo on avatar of the finished product but didn't quite work out!!!!!!!!! need help???? ha!ha!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HABITATION LICENCE - 3 posts
EXCITING NEWS FOR THE REMORTGAGE/EQUITY RELEASE MARKET - 4 posts
Hope The Thieves in Spain don't hear about THIS gem - 0 posts
MAY 4TH BE WITH YOU! - 0 posts
Envious future owners at torre alcantara vincent & brona - 37 posts
General poll on buying Property - 9 posts
EVERYONE - Please read this, very important - 7 posts
Man and Van Wanted UK - Murcia - 7 posts
Spanish Law On Disabled Access To Communal Swimming Pools - 17 posts
E-learning Spanish - 0 posts
Senior Account Manager - Madrid - 3 posts
How to get to NAPLES? - 17 posts
have the agents been wiped out in the property war - 162 posts
Crash in Spanish Property Market - 25 posts
The Real Criminals - 0 posts
Spa Valley, I need some info. - 2 posts
Angel de Miraflores - 2 posts
playa flamenca - 1 posts
Radiation in the area - 38 posts
Mobile phones - 3 posts
IVA? When and how often is it payable? - 8 posts
THE GAS MAN CON - 4 posts
Completed - 3 posts
Duquesa Golf Course - 4 posts
La Marina - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x