have the agents been wiped out in the property war

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 May 2007 12:00 AM by gerryboland Star rating in ek and trampolin hil.... 119 posts Send private message

gerryboland´s avatar

where have all the agents gone ? are they too busy now to post ? they must be out making their fortunes now.

we need the entertainment

Like 0      
03 May 2007 1:37 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Hi Gerry,

I know Georgia's in the UK .

Janice

Like 0      
03 May 2007 9:51 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi all,

It's nice to be missed.

I have been back in the UK selling property to a really nice couple who trusted me to purchase property without visiting.

Hope i have not missed too much.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
03 May 2007 10:17 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hiya - no havent been wiped out yet but I am on the frontline battling with the big boys for the scraps around...

Actually its been rather busy as people now realize we are the good guys, they realize (finally) that prices have been far too high and that they have been taken advantage of for too long!

Also I had a deadline for an article for the Evening Standard about the auctions and the positive side of buying here, so have been running around between the raindrops taking photographs etc - actually did that on sunday. And then took half monday off as tuesday was a bank hol here and no-one else was working.

So we have been showing quite a few around as well as taking on new stock.

And it is nice to be missed!

Dont worry, more stories to add on this week. Watch this space..........................................

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 May 2007 10:43 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Morning Rixxy, morning Georgia,

Good to "see" you again. (Of COURSE you've been missed, goes without saying !)

Janice

Like 0      
03 May 2007 2:35 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

Hello Gerry,

Are you the father of Daniel and Justin?

Cheers,

Like 0      
03 May 2007 2:37 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Morning well afternoon. Back in the office now after showing a duplex apartment to a client. Her daddy is out tomorrow and I reckon he is going to go for it!!!

Also made a few calls, chased up a couple of lawyers and had 2 coffees in the square.

I reckon we ought to open our own diary threads and we can then post on what we do each day - a bit like the days in the life of an estate agents. What do you reckon Gillespie and Georgia??

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 May 2007 2:46 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Rixxy,

Great idea for the diary thingy.

Mine reads like this for this week.

Mon-In uk

Tues-In UK

Wed-In bed recovering from UK.

Thurs-26 clients waiting at office with suitcases full of cash and all not bothered what it is where it is and how much it is.

Real Thurs!-Chase solicitors,chase vendors,chase solicitors,take two clients out and both buy YIPPEE.

Fri-sit in store room to recover from thursday.

Think this could catch on!

Regards

GEORGIA

Like 0      
03 May 2007 2:51 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yes - except I havent got a store room!!!!! Bugger - will have to find an empty cupboard to clean out, well, when I say TO clean out, I mean for someone ELSE to clean out so I can sit in there. Then put in a mini bar, phone and laptop, gosh what else does a modern woman need???

DONT ANSWER THAT ONE! 

ANYONE!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 May 2007 3:46 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Rixxy ,

There is plenty of room in mine if you are ever passing,i didn't bother cleaning it out though so we may not be alone!

What is the biggest spider you get here,not that keen on them!!

I can see it now "Agent killed in freak closet accident,spider questioned by Guardia"

Georgia

Like 0      
03 May 2007 4:14 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Sounds cozy - Ill bring a bottle - for me that is and whatever you want!!!

I same this MASSSSSSIIIIIVE spider the other day. I was at an off plan but finished property, I had a keen buyer and it looks good, so there is me, the buyer, buyers father in law (yes yes I know) the agent with the key and both owners of the apartment. In the lounge as we are looking around and trying to see past the dust I spy this round shape, about the size of a 10p peice above the patio doors. Being eternally nosey, without saying anything (you know, in case its a hole in the wall and then the buyers will be slightly put off by the extremely good and thoughtful design idea for aircon) I slowly waltzed over.

From 3 feet away I became aware of long, long stringy things stuck to the round shape. Then I realised those 10 inch long stringy things were its legs!

I thought on my feet - only just as I was about to faint - started sweating with the hairs raising on the back of my neck, never mind anywhere else, and backed off with a sickly smile on my face.

Luckily a while later only one of the owners noticed it and didnt say anything otherwise I would have had to kick her not to bring it to the attention of the buyers!!!!!

Im still shaking and have goosebumps thinking about it

Oh and to lead on from that, when I first came out here with hubby number 1 (he now back in UK), we were in my parents Villa that hadnt been occupied for over 11 years! One day after shopping I suddenly saw this ginormous spider on the back door. Big strong darkhaired blueyed rugger playing hubby SCREAMED and left ME to sort it out! I got a pint glass and this just fitted over the thing, but this had big think hairy legs

And it had a mate hiding in the bathroom. Dont think I slept all night that night.

Best scarey thing to happen in our house at th time we moved here was we bought a chair at the car boot sale. Nice big and comfy. We have no sat tv opting (very cleverly we thought at the time) to listen to spanish TV to help our language. Well with 2 young kids and listening to the Flintstones in dubbed spanish made me realise how much I liked reading.

So one evening, brats in bed, hubby also gone to sleep Im still reading when I hear this lound crunching sound. The villa was in a dead quiet place so I went around the room, hackles rising as to what this could be. After all it could have been zombies, or a flesh eating child cos Ive seen them around.

My imagination was making my heart pound so I decided to run and get to bed under the covers.

Told hubby about it the next day and he laughed, accusing me of drinking too much (for once I was actually nearly sober!) Anyway that night - it was about 6 weeks after moving to Spain-I was at work, waitressing in Fuengirola.

I came home around 1am to find the chair chucked out on the driveway!!! Turns out it was probably woodworm, but who cares - it wasnt staying around long enough.

Oh the good old days....................

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 May 2007 4:37 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Rixxy,

You should bring 3 bottles of Vodka after that story,i might need help sleeping!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE SPIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I bought 2 of those electrical zappers that look like tennis rackets,the only trouble is the handle is not long enough!you have to get too close to the bloody things!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
03 May 2007 4:53 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yeah - Im not keen on them myself. Small ones I can just about take but my mum was petrified and screamed the house down whenever we saw on - and that was the piddly little things in the UK!

So if I see one its inbred to be scared, I have to stare at it and work at forcing myself to go near - I have picked them up and thrown them out, but I really really have to steel myself.

My poor brother (4.5 years younger) was and still is really scared of them so of course I used to get a few threads of black cotton out of the sewing box and drape them between my cupped hands and go to him saying 'look what I've found...' Well I got so many hidings from my dad for scaring him!

Best time was at the beach when a whole gang of us kids were digging near the breakers. I was always a fast runner but when I picked up this tiny crab and turned to show it to my brother, well there was no way I was gonna catch him. All I could see was a cloud of sand dust!

Ill bring the southern comfort - I fancy that today I think. Or maybe Malibu to match my mood.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 May 2007 5:12 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Not sure i trust you now after the tales of torture!

It took six mates to get me in the reptile house at london zoo once as a thin sheet of glass is too close for me.

tried and failed 5 times to watch arachnaphobia,even cushion assisted still can't do it.

Showing my weekness now,change of subject needed,wheres that bottle?!

Like 0      
03 May 2007 5:14 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Im creeping my way towards you, big black furry face with razor sharp long teeth and evil looking eyes and of course a bottle or three!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 May 2007 5:21 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Enough already!!!!!!!!!!! as they say from our part of the world.

leave the bottles and bugger off!

Like 0      
03 May 2007 5:35 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
ok going for a drink now after all that typing

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 12:49 AM by jubbly Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Well all i know is that I was working for Viva until 11 am then got fired because I sent an honest but touchy email to an agent at a rival firm. Im guessing that Viva have got buggy all leads and are going down the pan and will fire an newish employee to keep the old guard happy. If enougth people are interested I will post the reason that I got fired and all its political scorn.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2007 1:16 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
jubbly, we prefer that these forums are not used by ex employees to vent their anger towards agents.  If we allowed this it would probably take over the forum.

If anyone is interested in talking to you about your working experience with Viva then I suggest that they send you a private message and you can discuss it privately.

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Jul 2007 2:26 AM by robmct Star rating in Edinburgh/London - .... 196 posts Send private message

robmct´s avatar

Hi all

I love reading these messages,  well until you all talk of the hot weather out there... when is my next flight over :-)

Im in work,  keeping Citibank IT running and making them more millions.. or should i day billions

anyway,  what ever happened to Ocean Estates, when im over i never see any billboards of theres

anymore,  are they going down the pan with Viva ?? - i have to say when i bought through them i got

an AAA +++ service, before, during and after sale.... :-)

Cheers

Rob from rainy London...

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Crash in Spanish Property Market - 25 posts
The Real Criminals - 0 posts
Spa Valley, I need some info. - 2 posts
Angel de Miraflores - 2 posts
playa flamenca - 1 posts
Radiation in the area - 38 posts
Mobile phones - 3 posts
IVA? When and how often is it payable? - 8 posts
THE GAS MAN CON - 4 posts
Completed - 3 posts
Duquesa Golf Course - 4 posts
La Marina - 2 posts
Legal Status Of Property. - 5 posts
CORDOBA VALLEY - 7 posts
Spanish health care system: Could someone sit down and spell it out clearly for me please? - 6 posts
NIE in Guadamar - 8 posts
Holiday today - 10 posts
Waving from Lanzarote - 32 posts
Spanish Lottery - 8 posts
MUZZY LEVEL 1 - 1 posts
Delay in releasing Block 9 - Plus New Build Opposite Block 9! - 13 posts
Anyone in the UK with kids ? - 18 posts
Justin, here please. Need info. - 43 posts
BAR WARS!! - 2 posts
fiscal representive. - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 163

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x