The Dead Building Trade in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

I have just returned from 3 weeks on the costa Blanca and after hearing that the building trade was dead was surprised to see a fair bit of building work going on and more than abit pissed off as a villa was being built 2 plots away from where i stayed ,with work starting at 8.30 am and not stopping till 6pm.The plot next to us was over grown last year but that has been cleared ready for work too.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2010 12:52 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Can I ask where about's you was staying in Costa Blanca?

It is annoying when that happens it happened to us in Portual once nightmare.

Pat

Like 0      
16 Aug 2010 10:22 AM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

We were staying just outside Moriara,in the baladra urbanisation.I always thought it was illegal to build in spain in august so not to annoy the tourists.Its the 2nd time its happened to us last time they were building a swimming pool and had a jcb with a hammer attachment breaking the rock to clear the area.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2010 11:47 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I'd never heard it was illegal to build in Spain in August!

Most businesses in Spain shut down for the whole month of August, and that used to include most construction companies, as generally it's just too hot to work.  Not so many of them around these days though!

And yes, I agree, there's nothing worse than getting woken early with the sound of diggers in the background.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Aug 2010 4:00 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

No, it's not illegal to build during august . It's illegal to start before 8am in most regions & to make noise during the siesta time , usually 2-4pm.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2010 5:44 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I've noticed a lot more building work going on over the last few months as well.  Obviously 1.6 million empty properties are not enough for Spain

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2010 9:43 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

There's one near me & they work very hard everyday even now starting work at 8am & finishing off rather late.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2012 4:13 PM by hrespana Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

For the last 3 years I've had builders working on a site next to my house in Spain from 8am to 7pm, 7 days a week.  They also work in August.  The Ayuntamiento does nothing to stop them.  I often wonder why the Spanish authorities don't respect the people who live here - no wonder more and more people want to leave.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Instant Access Savings Account - 2 posts
Supermarket information - 1 posts
moveing to spain - 6 posts
Villajoyosa - 0 posts
gillie - 2 posts
San Fulgencio - 4 posts
Flight delayed? - 1 posts
A Chance to Dance Flamenco - 0 posts
And you thought the Guardia Civil Trafficos were bad.... - 1 posts
Suma - 2 posts
What a Wonderful World! - 5 posts
Route planner website - 3 posts
Helping in a bar - legal or not? - 2 posts
We must be mad… (Wallet-fattening exercise) - 4 posts
No keyholding fee property management - 0 posts
Furniture for sale - all brand new and still in wrappers - 0 posts
Good ambience and Classical guitar music wanted - 0 posts
GBP to EUR exchange rate - 13 posts
CAR HIRE UK - 0 posts
AR60NAL - 0 posts
Anyone looking for yacht crew? - 1 posts
Wanted - Smart car or similar - 0 posts
EOS TEAM HELP,PLEASE - 1 posts
Taxes and other fees payable at Roda Golf - 3 posts
PAYMENT OF I.B.I. - 25 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x