Helping in a bar - legal or not?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by Hammer100 Star rating in Camposol, Mazarron. 94 posts Send private message

Hammer100´s avatar

My friend has asked my wife to cover some shifts as a member of his staff is off sick for a few weeks. Obviously he does not want to hire someone through the books officially and she is legally registered with the tax man etc for our business but someone mentioned to me that to work in a bar you need a Health and Safety card etc and that without it the bar owner and the person working could end up in a world of poo. Spoke to my friend and he said he would get in trouble but its not a problem. Not been able to find out for definite if she would get find personally so hoping someone here who owns a bar may know.

Cheers

ps. yep i know working off the books is wrong but her wages will still go via our accountant so any tax would be sorted.

Dedicated Property Management - Mazarron http://www.mspvillaservices.com

Like 0      
16 Aug 2010 12:05 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I've not heard of that at all to be honest and I doubt if any bar staff have any sort of H&S card!

And, I don't see what your wife would be doing wrong working "self employed" in the bar.  I can't see what's wrong with this.  If she invoices the bar for her work and she pays tax on those earnings then she's not doing anything wrong.

Am I missing something here?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Aug 2010 12:50 PM by Hammer100 Star rating in Camposol, Mazarron. 94 posts Send private message

Hammer100´s avatar

Managed to find out a bit more and it could be more to do with the cooking and serving of food. To work in a kitchen or anything to do with food you need to a sit an exam set by the local authority which is to do with H&S and if passed you will receive a card confirming you have been approved. As she won't be handling food this shouldnt be a problem.

Dedicated Property Management - Mazarron http://www.mspvillaservices.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

We must be mad… (Wallet-fattening exercise) - 4 posts
No keyholding fee property management - 0 posts
Furniture for sale - all brand new and still in wrappers - 0 posts
Good ambience and Classical guitar music wanted - 0 posts
GBP to EUR exchange rate - 13 posts
CAR HIRE UK - 0 posts
AR60NAL - 0 posts
Anyone looking for yacht crew? - 1 posts
Wanted - Smart car or similar - 0 posts
EOS TEAM HELP,PLEASE - 1 posts
Taxes and other fees payable at Roda Golf - 3 posts
PAYMENT OF I.B.I. - 25 posts
IBI Inconsistency - 2 posts
Completion of Building Projects - 1 posts
Stunning Danish Mordern Dining Suite white wash solid oak - 0 posts
For Sale - Opel Corsa - 2 posts
Spiral staircase - 6 posts
Registration costs? - 2 posts
Can anyone help Calpe - 0 posts
What are the advantages of roller shutters? - 0 posts
Developers from Spain selling in Brazil - 1 posts
Our Daily Bread - 0 posts
Room in van travelling from Plymouth to Granada - 0 posts
Cheap LHD car or van wanted in the granada area - 0 posts
How can I get the community administrator to cooperate with me - 27 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x