cam bank charge pentioners 13,000euro intrest for morgage late payment

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by d s hope Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

My family, mom dad and brother live in catral and have done for 5 years,they were given a morgage on one of catrals illeagle builds,by the cam bank,they had a solicitor over look the sale of the land and build who turned out to be the cam bank managers son,due to the downturn in work in this area my brother and father have had a short fall in work and have fell behind in the morgage payments,the have been paying what they could and the cam bank said all was fine ,in the last 3 months there work has got better a little so have paid some extra to help with the arreers , they took the morgage money to the cam bank 3 weeks ago only to be told pay the full amount otherwise" they will not take any payment at all" ,they asked what the full amount was and it was 3 times what they owed.

Since then they have sort advice and have been told by the cam bank that they have also incured a charge of 13,000euros penelty.

They have been granted a morgage on a ellegle house by this cam bank,which has contributed to the downturn in work in catral and the surrounding areas,and are now cashing in on my familys lifetime of work by asking them to pay 20,000 euros for 3,000euros worth of arreers or the CAM BANK will reposess.

Any information,advice,legal or personal would be greatfull

many thanks ,Darren Hope

Like 0      
30 Jul 2010 6:29 PM by D_B_S Star rating. 178 posts Send private message

See posts on HELP!!!

Like 0      
30 Jul 2010 6:31 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

If CAM Bank have given a mortgage on an illegal property as a result of their negligence and lack of due diligence then I would think you have grounds to make a claim against the bank for compensation and damages and have the mortgage cancelled.

I would speak with a Lawyer and show them the deeds of the house (Escritura) and the mortgage deeds as soon as possible.

Which Branch of CAM Bank was it that granted the mortgage?

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
30 Jul 2010 6:45 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

If your parents house is illegal and it does not have the First Occupation Licence - Habitation Certificate then you need to read María de Castro's latest post on her blog:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/costaluz/3962/legal-tip-325-first-occupation-license-(-edited-version).aspx

An important paragraph from her posting:

3.- The buyer can cancel the contract ( even after the signing of the deeds), with full devolution of amounts, interests and compensation of damages if after the completion date, either  the deeds having been signed or not, the building does not have the FIRST OCCUPATION LICENCE (FOL).

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Are Lilos Illegal In Spain - 21 posts
looking to buy - 2 posts
FREE tour in Spain - 0 posts
Lost the use of remote on sky digi box - 2 posts
the cam bank - 6 posts
Thread Title not displayed - 2 posts
estae agent? - 6 posts
Need information and advise - 3 posts
A weeks holiday, but destination needed - 3 posts
4 Car Tyres including fitting from only €99 - 0 posts
Kayak or canoe wanted. - 0 posts
Quad bike wanted - 0 posts
Sky + Box or similar - 1 posts
WANTED, car or van, also m,cycle, any size - 0 posts
WANTED;fairprice paid will travel upto 300 miles to collect?lcd flatscreen, 32.37 or 40 inch, also sky digi box or similar - 0 posts
part removals uk to spain - 5 posts
Golf Buggy Wanted - 2 posts
Golf Buggy Wanted - 4 posts
ADDRESS for smd - 1 posts
"Taster" Music Lessons - 0 posts
CAMINO DE CASTILLA (WHITE WINE) - 0 posts
COCKROACHES-PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! - 21 posts
HELP!! - 11 posts
WE NEED A BETTER COMMUNITY FORUM FROM EOS - 2 posts
Wine in a box - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x