Lost the use of remote on sky digi box

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

I have two sky digi boexes in my apartment and yesterday both remotes just stopped working. I have done the obvious things like change the batteries and also rebooted the system but they are still not working. It just seems starnge that they both stopped working at the same time. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so what is the cure?

Like 0      
30 Jul 2010 12:34 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Sometimes SKY remotes do 'lock up' for no apparent reason.

If you press buttons on the remote and the red light at the tip of the remote doesn't illuminate, then you need to take the batteries out and leave them out for awhile, then put them back in.

This happened to me a few weeks back on my Sky HD box, which is only about 7 months old, and it was the original handset that locked up. The second handset that we use in the bedroom worked fine, so I used that one whilst I left the batteries out of the original handset for a couple of hours, then popped the batteries back in and all a-okay!

I got this tip from an independent Sat Engineer in Ilfracombe.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 8:30 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

you may find that one of the buttons is stuuck and has not been "released", and therefore it is blocking the remote.

Simply press all buttons on the remote and make sure they "pop" back out.

If you press buttons and the red light on the top of the remote is not lighting up with each button press, check the batteries, check the contacts, and reset the remote by leaving without batteries for about 15 mins - 30 mins to be sure.

If the lights on the remote are working, does the red light on the dodgybox light up with each button press? If not then there is a dodgybox issue, or an IR sender / receiver/ magic eye blocking hte signals.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

the cam bank - 6 posts
Thread Title not displayed - 2 posts
estae agent? - 6 posts
Need information and advise - 3 posts
A weeks holiday, but destination needed - 3 posts
4 Car Tyres including fitting from only €99 - 0 posts
Kayak or canoe wanted. - 0 posts
Quad bike wanted - 0 posts
Sky + Box or similar - 1 posts
WANTED, car or van, also m,cycle, any size - 0 posts
WANTED;fairprice paid will travel upto 300 miles to collect?lcd flatscreen, 32.37 or 40 inch, also sky digi box or similar - 0 posts
part removals uk to spain - 5 posts
Golf Buggy Wanted - 2 posts
Golf Buggy Wanted - 4 posts
ADDRESS for smd - 1 posts
"Taster" Music Lessons - 0 posts
CAMINO DE CASTILLA (WHITE WINE) - 0 posts
COCKROACHES-PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! - 21 posts
HELP!! - 11 posts
WE NEED A BETTER COMMUNITY FORUM FROM EOS - 2 posts
Wine in a box - 0 posts
TOBI STEAMER FOR SALE - 2 posts
Bobaol-for your retirement-mysteries of life - 2 posts
LEFT HAND DRIVE TO RIGHT HAND DRIVE - 0 posts
Porto Fino, Almerimar - Community Charges - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x