again to Spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

As a result of a report published yesterday on "El Mundo"

Is it true that british retired people are now returning to Spain? I cannot see them...

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Jun 2010 1:05 PM by Mercedes Sosa Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Apparently the Costa del Sol is still an attractive country for the British, despite everything (we wonder why?) However, when the retired people come to Spain they might find that it has become as expensive as their home country. And it is true, we see them less and less.....

Like 0      
07 Jun 2010 1:42 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Where we are it is the Brits/ex-pats of working age that are returning home as there is absolutely no jobs on the Costa del Sol.  I still see loads of retired people here though.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 7:48 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I keep thinking these years that the Andalucian work efforts need to concentrate on european retires peopl: in a highly proffessional way: it is our future.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 9:48 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

In what way do you mean Maria?

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 6:45 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I mean that we need to care for foreign retired people relocating to Andalucia through bette services, better services, better services

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 1:25 PM by vilprano Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Hi Maria,

Yes there are a few retirees still purchasing in Spain me for one, just completed and will move permanently in Sept.

I think that the buyers are a bit more select now and moving away from the overcrowded/overdeveloped Costas. I think some inland villages will see a small increase in numbers buying long established properties that are not under threat of being declared illegal.

Keep up the good work, I find your posts most useful.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 6:06 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Unfortunatley Maria no it is not true as thousands of Brits have gone back and thousands more intend to go back as soon as they can sell up. I think as usual it is the press doing what they do best and painting everything in pink! I have been all over Murcia region over the last 3 weeks and there are very very few people about even in the winter I have never seen it so quite. The Balearics were the same.

The exchange rate does have a lot to do with theirdecision although it is not the only reason. The people that I know that have gone back are just fed up with having to deal with a corrupt beaurocracy.

Examples of this are obviously the illegal builds scenario and wondering if they are going to be next in line, then there is the fact that the judicial system is so outdated, not to mention the fact that most days when anybody drives into their home town they are stopped by the police and asked to produce their documents (spanish & british I might add) but the spanish have know where to escape to!

It does seem to me that Spain is becoming rather a police state at the moment and their energies are not being used in the right direction like preventing real crime.

Today  as an example,I went into a town and in one of the bars it was full of policemen in uniform on duty drinking beers at 12.00noon!! These are the same police men that will be stopping decent people from getting on with their everyday lives.

One of the problems now is that because the authorities have spent so much money on recruiting more police officers (which they cannot afford) they have to pay for them and one of the easiest targets is stopping people in their cars and fining them on the spot for any minor offense, this has even happened in the towns as people are walking about doing their shopping! They know that people will not contest them as it is too costly and easier to pay up and who wants to be carrying their passport around whilst they shop!

I have always looked on the bright side whilst in Spain but even I am getting fed up with the beaurocracy.

I am sure there will be those that don't agree!

This message was last edited by KP on 11/06/2010.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Working in Gib but living in Spain - Advice on Healthcare Please - 3 posts
Spain and its beauty but..... - 0 posts
Schools in Marbella - 4 posts
Good News In Southern Spain - 0 posts
Trustworthy Property Management in Elviria (Marbella) - 0 posts
bringing a car to spain - 3 posts
Bad news in Spain! - 107 posts
Stinginess is Killing the Costas - 0 posts
Coefficients in Sub-communities - 1 posts
AMEX ADMINISTRATORS IN SABINILLAS - 2 posts
Cover for gazebo - 0 posts
San Javier's 25th anniversary air show is today & tomorrow. - 2 posts
Need help - 3 posts
Help and Advice Needed - 5 posts
Lawyers lost their appeal against us. - 20 posts
Warning - Bad Tenants, Almoradi/Catral/Dolores area - 14 posts
Serious buyer looking to buy a bargain - 16 posts
launderettes - 0 posts
Mortgage Direct S.L - 2 posts
Interest only mortgage. - 1 posts
How do I stop wasps making nests in my sofa? - 1 posts
Legal advise needed - 3 posts
Help required - Malaga Airport to Sebanillas by coach - 3 posts
DIY Finca/cortijo - 2 posts
Good news in Spain! - 426 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x