Favourite thing to eat since you moved to Spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 May 2010 12:00 AM by Elle1971 Star rating in Lanzarote. 29 posts Send private message

Elle1971´s avatar

I'm a huge lover of seafood. By that, I don't mean that I am huge... but that I love seafood.

Anyway - what's the one dish that sends you doo-lally-tap since you moved over.

For me it has to be "pulpo con vinagrette". I had never tried octopus before moving to Lanzarote... but I love squid, so was happy to give it a try. Fantastic!

Elle xx

PS: Actually I really love my food... and will eat just about anything put in front of me!

Like 0      
11 May 2010 11:10 AM by wendy1950 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Still can't stand seafood, but bread ali oli and tomato yum I just love it,

Like 0      
11 May 2010 11:19 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

I love all kinds of seafood. I find the seafood is fresh & cheaper in Spain.

Like 0      
11 May 2010 11:45 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

One of my favourite dishes is gambas pil pil - yum yum

I don't think I'll ever get tired of it

Like 0      
11 May 2010 12:43 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Gambas pil pil, yes, very nice.

My absolue favourite are boquerones fritos.  They are just gorgeous.

Also, "sardinas al espeto" which is where they cook the sardiines on the beach on a log fire...they are to die for.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 May 2010 12:50 PM by Elle1971 Star rating in Lanzarote. 29 posts Send private message

Elle1971´s avatar

I like that too, Wendy - with some small pieces of tortilla too. Yum! Or dipped into a mix of olive oil and a good dark vinegar.

Yes, Forhotspot - I love the seafood prices here! Our town now has a proper fish market at the harbour... plus two larger supermarkets have their own fish counters now - which is great!

Gambas pil pil? Ooh, now you're talking, busylizzie! Simple but so very tasty! It's something that hubby usually orders when we're out - and so of course I always have to have a little taste.

Justin - I had to Google that one. But as soon as I saw anchovies were involved, I was intrigued. I love those - so might have a go at making it. Yum!

No time to get out and buy supplies today - so will have to make do with a bowl of cornflakes until later this evening

Elle xx

Like 0      
11 May 2010 12:50 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

11 May 2010 1:40 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

This thread is very close to my heart...and stomach!

Yes, pinchos de pollo, pinchos de gamba and pinchos de lomo.  Lovely.

We also really like "montaditos" the small rolls you get.  There are some really nice ones they make like the "serranito".

I'm feeling very hungry so better go and see to it

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 May 2010 2:11 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

sardines .... mmmmmmmm ... straight off the 'boat' used as a bbq .... luuuurvely, I'd almost forgot about these until Justin mentioned them - usually we've been eating them for a few weeks by now but as the weather doesn't know what to do we've not ventured to the beach during the day yet - and I think they're a little late showing this year anyway!

moh also cooks a really good chorizo dish ... served sizzling same as gambas pil pil .... it tastes soooo good that I try to forget what's actually in it (the chorizo!) whilst I'm eating it!

This message was last edited by buzylizzie on 11/05/2010.

Like 0      
11 May 2010 6:52 PM by spiritofspain Star rating in Riviera del Sol, Mij.... 114 posts Send private message

spiritofspain´s avatar

Chiperones .... small squid deep fried - yummy

Margery

www.losarqueros.iowners.net  and www.calahondapark.iowners.net

Like 0      
11 May 2010 7:08 PM by Elle1971 Star rating in Lanzarote. 29 posts Send private message

Elle1971´s avatar

Chiperones? We call them puntillas here - if they're the same thing. Blimmin lovely they are!!!!

Like 0      
11 May 2010 11:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Creme Catalan, yummy.

Like 0      
11 May 2010 11:36 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

For me it is Magra, I never ate pork much in the UK as I disliked the taste intensely but I like to buy mine freshly cubed from the  local Dia store and then I slowly casserole it with my own special mix of veg and herbs and spices, beautiful,,, 

If I eat out it is Seta's in frsh lemon juice, olive oil and parsley....mmmmmmmmmmmm

I tend not to eat out too much as everything is laced in too much oil and the old waste line can't take much more!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted - Long term rental in Cantoria - 4 posts
tax for none residents - 13 posts
Car Hire La Marina - 5 posts
Car Insurance renewals - 24 posts
Property sales on the increase in Spain - 13 posts
Supermarkets in Mazarron/Puerto de Mazarron - 2 posts
Garden Furniture - 5 posts
Spanish catholic query - re 'encapuchado de la Santa Cena' - 3 posts
CAR HIRE CHARGES.......yet again!! - 7 posts
9th of May. Europe Day. Costaluz offers a 1 year free service to entrepreneurs - 0 posts
what is the best web site advertising jobs in spain - 5 posts
Pleas join our efforts regarding proffessional liability of Banks regarding off-plan deposits - 1 posts
Any Guitar Players? - 10 posts
Administrator dictating who is used for Community works - 12 posts
Roberto, congratulations! - 12 posts
Sewing Machines and Crafting - 0 posts
Opticians in Spain - 15 posts
Describe Terrazas de la Torre - 1 posts
I'm in Heaven - 8 posts
A little word of warning - 4 posts
A little word of warning - 0 posts
Office furniture - 3 posts
Car Insurance Claim - 4 posts
anyone got a badminton raquet to sell - 1 posts
Costaluzlawyers sponsored garden designer, Maria Luisa Medina winning in Malvern - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x