Car Insurance renewals

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 May 2010 6:17 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Hi, It should be covered as I had to supply them with 2 dozen photos of the complete plot, house, outbuildings, pool, electric gate, etc; before they'd quote !

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
12 May 2010 6:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I can just see others doing THAT! (NOT!) 

Like 0      
17 May 2010 9:40 PM by izzbizz Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Just a word regarding car insurance

its only when you are in the unfortunate position of needing to claim that you find out how good they are

we used an English speaking insurer with an English translated policy

18 months after being crashed into by a driver running through a red light and several (have now lost count) emails and phone calls am still considerably out of pocket

have commented on this on the general chit chat thread under car insurance claim

I do not recommend this insurer !!!!

Like 0      
19 May 2010 2:00 PM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

Hi everyone, just read all your posts with interest and here's my story.  We bought a new Fiat Panda (small, but comfy and efficient) in January this year after paying out ridiculous amounts for car hire last year. (3000 euros for 6 months, mad I know)  Six weeks from new a white van man (Spanish builder, nice guy really) tried to go through a space that wasn't there and crunched the rear offside.  Anyway I rang our insurance company Linea Directa and they were great, I gave them all the details over the phone and they told me to contact the Fiat garage in Murcia to have it estimated.  Cut a long story short when the car was fixed we returned the courtesy car to the hire company and collected ours as new.  So the moral of the story is you get what you pay for, my premium which I did over the phone was 382 euros which I thought was a little expensive but the service from Linea Directa was second to none.

Regards

Geoff

This message was last edited by Geoff y Pat on 19/05/2010.

Like 0      
19 May 2010 4:42 PM by izzbizz Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hi Geoff y Pat

good to hear you got a great service from your insurer

we did not go with the cheapest quote

we went with a company that had english speaking operators and an english translation policy

we paid mid E300s for our toyota yaris which we too thought was a little expensive but felt should we need to contact them in an emergency then it was worth the extra money

we were left without a car for 6 weeks whilst ours was being repaired - no signs of any recompense for that

we had to arrange towage ourselves and have not been recompensed for that

we are still waiting to be paid the excess we paid out

its 18 months since the crash and communication has now ground to a halt

the company is Abbeygate - not recommended !!

Regards 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Property sales on the increase in Spain - 13 posts
Supermarkets in Mazarron/Puerto de Mazarron - 2 posts
Garden Furniture - 5 posts
Spanish catholic query - re 'encapuchado de la Santa Cena' - 3 posts
CAR HIRE CHARGES.......yet again!! - 7 posts
9th of May. Europe Day. Costaluz offers a 1 year free service to entrepreneurs - 0 posts
what is the best web site advertising jobs in spain - 5 posts
Pleas join our efforts regarding proffessional liability of Banks regarding off-plan deposits - 1 posts
Any Guitar Players? - 10 posts
Administrator dictating who is used for Community works - 12 posts
Roberto, congratulations! - 12 posts
Sewing Machines and Crafting - 0 posts
Opticians in Spain - 15 posts
Describe Terrazas de la Torre - 1 posts
I'm in Heaven - 8 posts
A little word of warning - 4 posts
A little word of warning - 0 posts
Office furniture - 3 posts
Car Insurance Claim - 4 posts
anyone got a badminton raquet to sell - 1 posts
Costaluzlawyers sponsored garden designer, Maria Luisa Medina winning in Malvern - 0 posts
Going rate for cleaner or cleaning agency? - 9 posts
Constructive problems in your new home - 5 posts
Grundig digi box - 0 posts
property transfer tax percentage? 7% or 9%? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x