Transfer of property in divorce settlements

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 May 2010 12:00 AM by Cremacatalan Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi

I am in the process of going through a divorce from my wife using UK law. We have a finca in Catalunya in joint names which is going to be transferred into my name(or another  of my family members). Does anyone know what transfer taxes will be payable on this please?

Regards

James

Like 0      
04 May 2010 9:09 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

If you do it as an escritura de extinción de condominio or in English deed of dissolution then the tax payable is only 1% but the property must be transferred to your name. It's used to deal with a re-distribution of jointly owned assets otherwise normal 7% tax applies.

Like 0      
05 May 2010 11:12 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Just 1% as stamp duty

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 May 2010 10:26 PM by Cremacatalan Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi

Thanks for the responses so far.

My next question is would that tax be on the value of the half of the land being transferred or the total value?

Regards

Cremacatalan

Like 0      
11 May 2010 11:41 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

On the value of the half

M

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
19 May 2010 8:25 PM by contratacion Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Dear Cremacatalan,

Regarding your recent querie about which is the amount taxable for "extincion de condominio", I´m agreed that the standadr tax would be 1% ( Catalonia has escale anyway that set up to 30.000 euros (0'50%), 30.001 euros to 60.000 euros (0'75%) more than 60.000 euros (1%) but as far as I know you must pay for the 100% of the value of the plot no just for the 50% adquired.

Regards

Like 0      
21 May 2010 8:44 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

It is also my understanding that the tax is payable on total value.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 1:10 PM by alanjohn Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi

After an amicable divorce, in which we agreed that I would keep our Manilva property, we hired Lawbird in Marbella to arrange the transfer. We had to pay 1% on the value of the property, as instructed by our solicitor.

I am a bit worried now, reading Maria's comments, that maybe we were taken for a ride?

Maria, please advise.

Thank you.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 1:29 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I believe Maria to be wrong here as my understanding is it's also 1% on the total value and not just the 50% being re-distributed.

Someone needs to check the tax legislation and clarify but I have since asked a couple of people and they agree with me.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 5:57 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I need to add clarification on this as it really depends on regions and marital regime of spouses being divorced.

Please send to me the facts.

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

town hall daya nueva website address - 2 posts
looking for a one month rental in Fuengirola - 1 posts
room wonted - 2 posts
replating my uk registered Vespa PX200 - 2 posts
Help in getting from Gibraltar to Duquesa end of the month by bus - 0 posts
Any way to keep english no. plate? - 4 posts
Help please????? - 1 posts
Looking for the RIGHT PLACE in Spain - 0 posts
Wanted bike for 6yr old boy. - 12 posts
Make your vote count if you have one - 0 posts
Martin's Facebook blog: Spanish cash machine gave me more info than I’d bargained for… - 0 posts
Selling goods into Spain before moving out. - 11 posts
Justice issues - 0 posts
Justice issues - 33 posts
Justice issues - 0 posts
Ash cloud Back - 1 posts
Spanish registered car - 3 posts
Check the news, the ash cloud's back, certain airports closed or closing - 11 posts
Architect in Granada - 0 posts
Power of attorney - 13 posts
wedding - 6 posts
NIE by POA - 12 posts
Schooling - 1 posts
renting a space in a hotel - 4 posts
Help! How do I remove mould/mildew from a sofa? - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x