Flight cancellations today

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Apr 2010 12:03 PM by DaveAilsa Star rating in Tallentire, UK, Los .... 101 posts Send private message

Re cancellation of car hire - if via HireCarsinSpain then their T&C says:

Cancelling your Car

32.    If you decide you do not wish to hire the car we have arranged, you may cancel this at any time before the start of the hire period by e-mailing us at: help@hirecarsinspain.com 

33.    Where you cancel in accordance with Term 32, no charge will be made for cancelling your car.

34.    Please note that we cannot guarantee that the Spanish Company will not charge you the full hire charge where you fail to notify us, do not arrive to collect your car, collect your car late, do not retain your car for the full rental period or where you cancel the car following the start of your rental period. This will depend upon whether the Spanish Company is able to re-hire the car reserved for you.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2010 12:19 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thank you Dave and Ailsa

At least that's another thing to think about if worst happens. Just keeping fingers crossed

Like 0      
18 Apr 2010 3:37 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I am due to fly out to San Javier on Friday for a long weekend, returning on the Monday. I checked in with Ryanair before this all kicked off. Just noseying around the site today I saw the following:

PLEASE NOTEIf your booking has a return flight included which has not been cancelled and you have already checked in for that flight you will NOT be able to transfer your return flight to a different date.  If you wish to do this you will need to call our reservation centre on the following number.

Hmm, so if i'm cancelled outbound on Friday and they start flying again on Sunday, I can't rebook the return flight? I'm not sure if ringing the reservation centre allows you to do it or not?

Now, I heard that once flights resume, delayed passengers won't be getting priority. Anyone booked on a flight which runs will still be travelling because of the compensation issue. If your flight runs and you are denied boarding for other delayed passengers, you then have the right to compensation. Delayed passengers are apparently only guaranteed to be on the "next available flight" which in reality means the next availability with space.

Mark

Like 0      
18 Apr 2010 5:14 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Received an e-mail from Monarch, a couple of minutes after 1pm today - no prizes for guessing!!  To be honest, I had unpacked my case!  I thought " a flight on Monday - no chance!!"

It's just as well that the sun is shining in Clacton!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
18 Apr 2010 9:21 PM by jeniifire Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

My parents, auntie and cousin all flew outto benidorm last tuesday. Unfortunately my Nanna (my Mum and Aunts Mum) passed away on the wednesday and now they can't get home. Does anyone know how they can get from Benidorm to Calais or Zeebrugge? I can book them on a ferry, but they need to get there. The funeral is this thursday...please help. :(

This message was last edited by jeniifire on 18/04/2010.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2010 9:48 PM by reidpj Star rating. 239 posts Send private message

Jet2.com are running a coach - ferry - coach service from Alicante airport tomorrow.  You'll need to be quick as the seats are going fast.

Peter

Like 0      
18 Apr 2010 10:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Yes, I saw that on another forum where two members said 'Jet 2 are going by land from Alicante and Murcia on the 19th April' and 'at €228 not cheap. Those with existing bookings are expected to pay and be refunded.....'

Like 0      
18 Apr 2010 10:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just seen THIS Check it out for yourself all those who need to leave Torrevieja area.

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:23 pm 

'just heard that a coach is going from Villamartin to Kings Cross early tomorrow 150 pounds each. This one is full but if there are enough passengers there is every chance another one will go on Tuesday, they are just checking they have still got their ferry booking. Only heard all this second hand and I am going to check with the organiser tomorrow at 10.a.m. I hear that it is driving all the way and then taking the ferry from france to the u.k. and then driving to Kings Cross. I know of a family of 7 who have to get back so going to check on their behalf, so if anyone else is interested I could give them some likely numbers. Understand they need 70 and they have 24 at the moment.'

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 11:53 AM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Hi all,

does any one know if there is a service going the other way. I have changed my flight with easyjet to Friday 23rd, but still not hopeful. I would like to get to Alicante or Mojacar area.

Thanks.

Tech

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 12:39 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

A moment or two of levity in these trying times...(NSFW)

link 1

link 2

link 3

link 4

link 5

link 6

and yes, we are affected, SWMBO is due to fly from Malaga on Saturday but is having a few doubts...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 9:50 PM by Airport Runs Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Advertising **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 19/04/2010.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 8:28 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

We are stuck in Spain and the volcano is active again today.

No flights available to re-book on Monarch till 28th, although though are advertising a flight on their website on 25th ALC to LGW for 378€ one way!

When I questioned why I can't get that flight, they said it's full. So why is it on their site for sale?

I reckon they are only taking bookings for this exorbitantly priced flight from people transferring from other airlines that are willing to pay this ludicrous price, disgusting that Monarch customers have not got priority.

Talking in local bars, we know of a couple of Easyjet passengers buying a Monarch flight that is scheduled BEFORE the one they allocated us!

But, looks like with today's news, we ain't going nowhere yet!

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 20/04/2010.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 10:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Check out Breaking News 

Like 0      
21 Apr 2010 10:47 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Now that's looking better!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 Apr 2010 11:16 AM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Having had to reshedule a flight with Jet2, I have just checked the details online and although I managed to change the flight date with the Jet2 operator over the phone a few days ago, they did not check me in and allocate seats for some reason, so for anybody in the same situation I would check before you get to the airport that the online checking has been done for you.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2010 11:20 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Our email from Easyjet said... note red

• All passengers must use airport check-in - to help us ensure we can get as many disrupted passengers as possible transferred onto available flights home, everyone who does travel must report to the check-in desks at the airport, even if they have already checked in online PLEASE NOTE: ALL ONLINE BOARDING PASSES ARE STRICTLY INVALID AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
  • Allow extra time for check-in - if you do travel, please note that check-in desks will close 1 hour before departure, instead of the usual 40 minutes*. Again, this is to help us get as many disrupted passengers as possible transferred onto available flights home

Like 0      
15 May 2010 8:46 AM by arjen20 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi.
I travel a lot in many countries because of my bussiness and I'm really sick of the check-in procedures by the airlines. Well I can not.
So please do me a number of online providers to inspect servirce in easily and get the preffered seats.

flight check in online

This message was last edited by arjen20 on 15/05/2010.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

babies traveling in cars - 1 posts
Professional Website & URL for Sale - 0 posts
Euro Coin Meters - Estepona/Manilva - 2 posts
Help looking for properties - 0 posts
fibre glass lining for fountain - 0 posts
What is the rule regarding website links in signature please? - 33 posts
Cadiz - How to check plusvalia tax online? - 0 posts
Car Parking Options at Malaga Airport - 2 posts
Free Card Guard! New lost & stolen card cancelling tool - 0 posts
Catering Goods Wanted - 10 posts
Palmo T150 - 7 posts
For those wanting something for literally NOTHING ... - 0 posts
Computer items for sale. - 4 posts
BBVA has made changes - 0 posts
Food hygiene - 4 posts
costa blanca news on line? - 1 posts
Wanted - 9 posts
Client has today received money back from Trampolin Hills - 0 posts
Car Hire in Cabo Roig, Costa Blanca Spain? - 1 posts
Looking for long term rental Fuengirola area - 5 posts
Mijas Town Hall not responding to illegal building work on existing property - WHY NOT - 0 posts
Trouble iwth Torresat tv? - 12 posts
Satellite TV - 0 posts
Earthquake - 4 posts
Register online for La Renta Tax??? - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 37

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x