Change of address and region - how to pay car tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by Val Star rating in Pinar de Campoverde .... 160 posts Send private message

Val´s avatar

We have moved from Murcia region to Alicante, and went to our local Suma office to try to pay our car tax, because we know this years payment is due.  We were told that because we have just moved this years bill is payable to Murcia, but not having the bill we don't know where to go to pay in Murcia.  Can anyone tell us where to pay our car tax in Murcia without a bill.

Make the most of today.  It has taken all your life to get her...

Like 0      
06 Apr 2010 10:27 PM by gericom99 Star rating in Offaly, Ireland / Ca.... 270 posts Send private message

gericom99´s avatar

Normally the car tax bill is payable along with your IBI tax etc to the local town hall (Ayuntamiento) which has jurisdiction over the area your (previous) property is located in.  Therefore I think you would have to call into the relevant town hall to complete this transaction.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2010 7:38 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

I live in the province of Murcia but my car tax has no connection with the IBI demand.

I pay my car tax by direct debit. However there is an office very close to the Ayuntamiento, in San Javier, that handles all questions regarding IBI, car tax, etc.

They issue the necessary forms to take to a bank for payment.

pilgrim

Like 0      
07 Apr 2010 9:01 PM by Val Star rating in Pinar de Campoverde .... 160 posts Send private message

Val´s avatar

Thank you Pilgrim for the information.  We will look for the office in San Javier you mention, and hopefully solve our problem.

Make the most of today.  It has taken all your life to get her...

Like 0      
08 Apr 2010 7:55 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Because the Office I mentioned, re. Taxes, etc., is rather nondescript, if you stood facing the Correos at the edge of the town square, it is a few doors along to your right.

pilgrim

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electricity Supplier change from Portillo to HC Energia - 1 posts
Endesa - 21 posts
Da Vinci's at the lakeside Shopping Centre on the Torrevieja road - 1 posts
Hi We are shortly moving to Rojales, Costa Blanca - 8 posts
Is this right?? - 16 posts
starting up stables - 2 posts
Urgently Wanted to borrow /hire/buy: Top Box for Car... - 0 posts
Advice please - 5 posts
Wanted long term let La Zenia - 0 posts
looking for a place in monda - 1 posts
How to get iPlayer in Spain legally - 7 posts
Gas Barbecue - 4 posts
what happened to Technologia Urbanistica so far? are they bankrupt or still in business - 10 posts
Spanish Motorbike Licence A2 - 9 posts
Do you want to adopt a dog? Los Infiernos dog Refuge needs you. - 6 posts
country and western night 24th april mollina - 0 posts
afternoon car boot sale at hotel saydo mollina - 0 posts
help needed about A77 / A7 alcoi area - 2 posts
Bits & pieces for sale - 0 posts
On what does one play Boules/Petanque? - 2 posts
HELP! - New to renting out a property - 12 posts
Renewal of Certificate of Ocupacion? - 16 posts
My Place in the Sun, but which part of Alicante do I choose? - 25 posts
Process of building a property in Spain: Rustic land (rural land) - 1 posts
New Furniture Package for Sale in Almeria region - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x