TV in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by degato34 Star rating in West Yorkshire (God'.... 35 posts Send private message

Does anyone know when the analogue signal in Spain will be turned off?

Will this only apply to terrestrial signals? I suppose that the Astra digital signal will not be affected?

I will probably have to buy a new portable tv. The one that I use now is only a black and white. I only use this when I visit the 'bathroom' to keep up the the programme I was watching downstairs. It's been a smashint little tv/radio, about an 80mm screen, made JVC (Victor Company of Japan) and bought in about 1976 for £75.00. The battery pack, which has been recharged hundreds of times. cost over half the price of the tv - £42.00 - but has paid for itseolf over and over. I'll be sorry to lose the signal.

Has anyone any advice about a suitable replaacement?

I wonder what old electrical gadgets other contributors are still using?

Cheers

Like 0      
27 Mar 2010 8:41 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Mine has just gone last week. I think the final date is April 11th. The existing digital signals are ok.

This message was last edited by guslopez on 27/03/2010.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
28 Mar 2010 5:43 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We had one of those little TVs.  They were great but I don't know what happened to ours.

I can't think of any old electrical items that I use but I did come unstuck recently when I was given a cassette tape to listen too and realised I no longer own a cassette player!

Have you not got an aerial socket in the back of your TV to plug in an external one?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
28 Mar 2010 6:50 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I still have a record player.  And loads of LPs up in the loft. 

Like 0      
28 Mar 2010 9:27 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

How about a 30 year old Sony Studio Monitor Reel to Reel tape recorder?

Actually the reproduction from this is better than a JVC Studio Monitor Cassette recorder we have even with Dolby. Our biggest problem is getting blank tapes....

And somewhere amid the unemptied boxes I'm pretty sure we might still have an 8 track player...

Justin...I've got a spare Casette deck available if ever you happen to be in the Alhama de Granada area....

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
28 Mar 2010 9:49 PM by degato34 Star rating in West Yorkshire (God'.... 35 posts Send private message

Hi Justin

No, my JVC tv only has an internal and a telescopic rod. It won't even work with a freeview box as there is nowhere to plug it in. I'm afraid it will just have to radio until they switch off the FM radio signal. I have DAB, both mains and a battery one. Batteries only last about 2 to 3 hours - and they talk about energy saving!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Terminal 3 Malaga Airport - 10 posts
Beware!!!!! forged notes!! - 10 posts
Fuengirola to Malaga train - 2 posts
Moving To Spain! Advice Please.... - 8 posts
Online Jukebox... - 12 posts
Garage Service and Gestor needed, Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Urgent Appeal - Small sandy/white dog – La Zenia (Costa Blanca) - 12 posts
Direct Debit Changes - 5 posts
Bank repossesed property & mortgage - 9 posts
Planning to buy an apartment in Villamartin , TORREVIEJA : Costa Blanca Area - 6 posts
Question for EOS Justin - 2 posts
Spanish MEPs See The Light TOO? - 7 posts
Off to the UK today..... - 2 posts
It's been a slow week - 5 posts
Stolen Dog please help - 6 posts
Budget Day 2010 - 10 posts
moving to Spain in 2011 - 3 posts
Car Wanted - 1 posts
S : 2 Bar-Restaurante, Torrevieja. 27 March - 0 posts
The new British Identity Cards - 13 posts
Baby seats - 1 posts
Murcia airport car hire - 18 posts
Benefit Scroungers? - 13 posts
Cold in the Costa Blanca - 6 posts
Supplies of garden stones - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x