Urgent Appeal - Small sandy/white dog – La Zenia (Costa Blanca)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by Donna M Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

We have found a small Beige puppy, female Labrador cross in the area of La Zenia. If you have lost the dog please contact me asap.

IF NOT, is there anyone out there near to La Zenia that would be willing to take this beautiful dog on. Unfortunately all the homes are full and the last resort is looking like the police compound which is not a good future for any dog.

Please please help me as I am personally unable to look after due to other animals in my house.

Thanks

Donna

670 681 490

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 6:52 PM by arranleesmith Star rating in Thalassa. 211 posts Send private message

arranleesmith´s avatar

Donna,

Please do not send her to the Police pound as there is a high probability that she will end up at the Crevillente centre.

Last August we discovered two tiny puppies which someone had callously buried in a hole at the back of our house. They cruelly put the dogs in and covered the entrance with a piece of wood weighted down with bricks thus preventing them escaping. The weather was unbearably hot and we think that they may have been in the hole for about three days. Fortunately, we heard their faint cries and rescued them. Both were dehydrated, covered in fleas and ticks and starving. We set about cleaning them, feeding and watering them and nursed them back to good health.

The dogs settled in very well, making friends with our other animals and becoming members of "the family". It was never our intention to keep them, so we started making enquiries to find them suitable homes. Despite advertising them and contacting the voluntary organisations we could not find  homes for them,  so, after 8 months we had to make the heartbreaking decision to have them put  to sleep.

This decision was not taken lightly. There is not a day goes by when I wholeheartedly regret my decision, I only wish that I could turn the clock back and give them the home that they truly deserved. They were beautiful, funny, clever and loving, attributes, sadly lacking in many human beings.

I hope that this little puppy is merely lost, soon to be reunited with her owner, but if not, PLEASE can somebody offer her a loving, permanent home?

Donna, thank you for showing some compassion, the world would be a better place if there were more of it around.

Regards,

Lorraine Braid.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2010 10:59 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 420 posts Send private message

Donna,

Go to any vets and see if by any chance the dog has a chip, if so you have found the owner. If the owner has abandonde the dog they will be prosecuted for it.

Let us know the outcome.

Joan

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 8:34 AM by Donna M Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hello Joan,

I took the dog straight to Petsworld when I found her on Tuesday morning and there was no chip.  They couldn´t keep her and told me to take her to the police.  We couldn´t do that so came home and phoned every charity out here but they can´t take her in as they are all full and struggling.  We have put posters up around the area and have spoken to loads of people we know and they are all trying to help. We have reported her to the police in case someone has lost her but no one has come forward.  Also the Leader newspaper phoned the radio stations for me and have my number.

We are desperate to find her a home she deserves because she is so beautiful and if we didn´t have cats I would keep her.  She is toilet trained and loves long walks but chases our cats who are fed up a bit now.

Thank you for being concerned.

Donna

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 8:51 AM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

Tinasolara who posts on here, works at a dog refuge near San Javier.  If you pm her, she may be able to help you.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 5:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

It's 'tinasolera actually, it took me some time to find her posts but I knew she had posted about where she worked so I did a search for 'refuge'.

I hope Tina CAN help. Another sad story, thanks for taking the dog in, Donna. I have actually met Tina ( a few years ago before she moved to Spain) & she is so lovely.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2010 8:39 AM by Donna M Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Thanks for the information.

Does anyone have a telephone number for Tina or any other contacts in the area.

We have had no luck so far of finding her owners or a new home and the future is now looking bleak for her, as we can no longer look after her.

Any help would be appreciated.

Donna

Like 0      
27 Mar 2010 8:42 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Donna

I will ask Tina to look at this thread to see IF she can offer any form of help. It's easier for me to do this for you as I know my way around the forum.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2010 9:30 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Wow, Tina has responded to me saying she has added the dog to her Facebook page about the refuge she works at  (Los Infiernos Dog refuge in Murcia) , see http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=362539918266 

She has done her best, thank you SO MUCH, Tina, you are such a wonderful young woman who cares passionately about dogs & the way they are treated in Spain.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 27/03/2010.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2010 6:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Lorraine, I commend you, don't look back with too much sadness. I would have felt that was my only recourse too & I, too, love all animals.You do the best you can.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2010 8:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Tina has just posted in the Facebook thread http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=362539918266 that the little dog Donna had been looking after has been adopted tonight! HOW GREAT IS THIS? I am over the moon tonight for this sweet little pup.

When you see the dog's photo, same as this, in the FB thread, click on the photo to see Tina's post about the adoption.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 27/03/2010.

Like 0      
28 Mar 2010 12:38 PM by Donna M Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

UPDATE:

As you can see from last nights posting we were able to find ´Marley´the small puppy a new loving home locally. After much publicising locally mainly through word a mouth a lady came forward and agreed to give Marley a home.

I would like to thank everyone on Eye on Spain who has helped especially Tina. She did so much work in little time and gave me loads of information and advice. If anyone can assist Tina in re homing dogs, please contact her, as I am sure she will be able to help.

Thanks again it really is nice to know there are still people that care out there.

Donna

Like 0      
28 Mar 2010 4:26 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

So pleased you found her a home. Well done for helping her. 

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Direct Debit Changes - 5 posts
Bank repossesed property & mortgage - 9 posts
Planning to buy an apartment in Villamartin , TORREVIEJA : Costa Blanca Area - 6 posts
Question for EOS Justin - 2 posts
Spanish MEPs See The Light TOO? - 7 posts
Off to the UK today..... - 2 posts
It's been a slow week - 5 posts
Stolen Dog please help - 6 posts
Budget Day 2010 - 10 posts
moving to Spain in 2011 - 3 posts
Car Wanted - 1 posts
S : 2 Bar-Restaurante, Torrevieja. 27 March - 0 posts
The new British Identity Cards - 13 posts
Baby seats - 1 posts
Murcia airport car hire - 18 posts
Benefit Scroungers? - 13 posts
Cold in the Costa Blanca - 6 posts
Supplies of garden stones - 0 posts
long term car parks in and around barcelona - 0 posts
Long term rental in and around Barcelona - 0 posts
Car sales - 2 posts
Solicitor needed VillaMartin area - 1 posts
Los Alcazares - 7 posts
Gardener required in La Cala area - 2 posts
Learning Spanish in England. - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x