Anyone buying on Royal Dreams Site in Albudeite?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Miss Moneypenny Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Anyone out there trying to purchase a plot from Grupo Trampolin on their Royal Dreams Site at Albudeite near Murcia?

My husband and I have paid over our reservation fee and are in the process of checking contracts before paying our contractual deposit.  We have chosen an independent solicitor to check things out for us and he has come back with a couple of concerns, i.e.

1. Although the developer has been given approval to develop the site, the actual dwellings don't have planning permission and it could be some time before this happens, given the huge backlog for the area; and

2. The bank guarantee apparently does not guarantee you get all your money back if something goes wrong.

Should we be walking away from this deal or is all of this quite normal for the laid back attitude in Spain ?  We aren't in any particularl hurry so the length of time to wait isn't a concern for us, but I don't want us to end up with nothing and not be able to get our money back.  (Although the balance of monies won't be demanded until the property is built and they hand over the keys, but I'm scared that we don't get a habitation license if the properties don't have planning permission).

HELP - Anyone out there in the same position as us?

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 3:11 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Miss Moneypenny

We didn't have this development listed on our database so I've just added it on.  Click this link to add it to your account so that others can join in to discuss this development alone:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/ViewDevNo.aspx?dev=T106

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything without full planning permission in place and certainly wouldn't buy anything where the bank guarantee doesn't even guarantee all your money back.

There are many developments all over the place, take your time and don't take unnecessary risks, it's just not worth it.

Best of luck with it.

James Bond (aka Justin)

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 3:49 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

Hi Miss Moneypenny,

This company has built 2 previous projects, Solera El trampolin (Valle de Sol Near the Mar Menor) and Trampolin Hills (Campos del Rio Mula)

In both cases the projects began without building licenses or bank guarantees.  Their prices are very cheap and the finished product is as good as most in their respective areas.

I understand that the Solera El Trampolin project is now organising notary completions for title deeds after a 31/2 year wait, but it seems the early buyers have doubled their investment.

Trampolin Hills is held up with enviromental issues but planning is through, though building licenses cannot be issued until the enviromental impact investigation is completed, my company lawyer is confident it will be resolved, however it is causing delays of around 12 months at least.  Again the early buyers on this one will have easily doubled their investment on completion.

Royal Dreams despite no legal status has virtually sold out in the early phases.  Amazing ... but many of the buyers have bought on the other projects and can see another hefty return on investment.

Your lawyer should advise you to stay well clear, that´s to be expected and many have heeded that advice.  However your savvy investor both Spanish and Brits see it a bit like a gamble, and if it comes off they cash in.

If you can get a good low payment structure and can afford to lose some or most of it if it all goes wrong - then there is a good chance the developers will get it all passed and the early investors do well.

However the risk is there for all to see, as some day the builders luck will run out with the planning departments

My summary  - a reasonably calculated risk if you dare - fortune sometimes favours the brave.  If it´s all your life savings to be invested then without doubt leave it alone until it´s legal  - but as in their other 2 projects there wil be a hefty 40% price increase.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
03 Jan 2009 10:11 AM by melcremer Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Hi there,

Just started up on this form of commuication. hope it works.

Live near both Royal Dream and Trampolin Hills , so easy to get there.

Am "buying" on Royal Dream. Been told work will commence this month.

Been to Campos Del Rio ( Trampolin Hills) and there does seem to be work going on. Did not have camera but will be going back to both shortly with it and to see if can find out more from the office there.

Anyone reading this please let me know and also how to navigate around this site so that I can talk to others in same position.

Mel

Like 0      
02 Dec 2009 7:48 PM by janejay Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Mel,

I am also buying a property at Royal Dreams but have heard about the recent insolvency at Trampolin Hills and have been advised by a spanish lawyer that it is highly unlikely that this project will ever go ahead. I wonder if you have a contact number for the office at Royal Dreams as the one I have doesn't seem to work - I would be extremely grateful for this.

Thanks very much.

Jane

Like 0      
27 Apr 2012 1:32 PM by Guadalupe. Lawyer Star rating. 261 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

CLASS ACTION AGAINST CAM BANK TO RECOVER DEPOSITS FOR ROYAL DREAMS OF ALBUDEITE (SOLERA EL TRAMPOLIN) 

Finally several purchasers of Royal Dreams of Albudeite have decided bringing legal actions against Cam Bank to recover their deposits, under the provisions of the 57/68 Act.
After filing a Preliminary Enquiry, our Law Firm has found several documentary evidences regarding Cam's knowledge about from where the money credited into Solera's account came from (purchasers). Despite their knowledge, CAM did allow Solera to withdraw the money without requesting the bank guarantees or making sure that funds were used for building purposes (article 1, 57/68 AcT).
If you want to get further information about this class action, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Guadalupe Sánchez

Like 0      
27 Apr 2012 3:42 PM by Fighter2 Star rating. 237 posts Send private message

Miss Money penny,

Google Trampolin Hills the rezip your purse and keep it zipped.

I have lived in Spain for 9 years, I have rented a property and now live a in a property I purchased and my advice would be thus:

DO NOT BUY OFF PLAN IN SPAIN

I can't shout that loud enough, there are thousands of terrific value properties built, with licences, with services etc, etc. If you want a property in Spain and I can thoroughly recommend it, come here and rent for a period cast an eye on the area you fancy, look at lots of properties for sale and then make your mind up and buy. There is no hurry to buy, property prices here are not going to recover significantly for some time yet.

I repeat.....

DO NOT BUY OFF PLAN IN SPAIN

The construction industry and local town halls that control licences are virtually all bankrupt and perhaps as a consequence are also corrupt... never trust an estate agent, never trust a developer and never trust a town hall to provide either a duty of care to it's residents or the licences that were promised...it probably won't happen.

For all that life in Spain is wonderful once you have a property that is complete, legal and has all services ( water, electricity and sewage system... your chances of seeing those via an off plan purchase VIRTUALLY NIL!!

Barry

This message was last edited by Fighter2 on 27/04/2012.

This message was last edited by Fighter2 on 27/04/2012.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2012 3:51 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Good advice Barry!!

Guadalupe - It appears that Banco CAM did exactly the same at Trampolin Royal Dreams as they did at Las Higuericas Finca Parcs!!!

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
24 Jan 2013 3:40 PM by Guadalupe. Lawyer Star rating. 261 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

GM LEGAL EXPERTS IMPORTANT DISCOVERY: DEPOSITS PAID TO SOLERA EL TRAMPOLIN FOR ROYAL DREAMS OF ALBUDEITE ARE COVERED BY A GENERIC GUARANTEE!!!

We have made a extremely important discovery that could change life of purchasers who paid deposits to Solera El Trampolin for properties in Albudeite: their money is covered by a generic guarantee signed by Solera el Trampolin with the Insurance Company BTA DRAUDIMAS. Purchasers of Albudeite never received individual guarantees, but as informed on previous post, most recent precedents from Magistrates' Court state that the lack of an individual guarantee doesn't prevent the purchaser to claim the refund to Bank or Insurance Company, as the builder's failure to deliver  a guarantee is not enforceable against the purchaser, whose rights are protected by a mandatory law (57/68 Act) and cannot be waived.

This message was last edited by Guadalupe. Lawyer on 24/01/2013.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

understanding spanish written word - 5 posts
EMERGENCY GAS ENGINEERS - 11 posts
Joinery work in Spain - 6 posts
Sold Again!!! - 3 posts
Solo hablamos español por favor - 50 posts
Spanish ONLY in here PLEASE. - 35 posts
Computer problem!!! - 14 posts
Lanzarote Villa - damp problem - 0 posts
Buy/Register Car in Gib and run in Spain - 5 posts
arenal 2000 benalmadena golf - 10 posts
For you men out there - 94 posts
A note of caution - 10 posts
Military/Service Pensions - 3 posts
Car Trailer For Sale - 2 posts
Alcaidesa - 3 posts
does anyone know.... - 15 posts
Homefirst Properties - 28 posts
Funniest Client Enquiries - 32 posts
My broken fridge freezer!! - 35 posts
Note of Caution - 26 posts
Aircon info needed, please. - 6 posts
Selling homes abroad Channel 4 - 22 posts
Deposit returned - 18 posts
Power of Attorney and Hague Apostille - 27 posts
40 questions! - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x