Joinery work in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Barbie Star rating in Costa del Sol, Villa.... 47 posts Send private message

My husband is a very experienced joiner and is hoping to find work when we move to Spain in July, can anyone give us any advice about how he should go about finding work please?

Barbie

Like 0      
12 Apr 2007 9:49 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Barbie forgot to say she & her family were moving to the CDS so I've copied her original post which she posted in chat.

Hope someone will offer help.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Barbie
Parcela

We are an English family hoping to move to inland Malaga in July this year. One on our concerns is finding jobs. My husband is a very experienced joiner and my background is in the caring proffessions and secretarial. Can anyone give us any advice about how easy it will be to get work.

Barbie

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 8:59 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Not sure about joinery/carpentry in Spain as wood is very expensive, therefore I would imagine most cabinets etc., are of the flat pack put together yourself type.

joinery/carpentry using natural wood, making items from scratch?  Not sure of gaining useful employment in this field,

Just my thoughts, maybe someone else can give some input?

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 9:21 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

I knew wood was very expensive in Spain but i don't know why.

Surely there are joinery workers required on the building site that is the Spanish coast!

Not sure he'd want to work for the wages!

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 9:21 PM by Barbie Star rating in Costa del Sol, Villa.... 47 posts Send private message

Thanks for the advice about finding joinery work in Spain, and it was right. We moved over at the end of August and we have seen very few jobs for joiners. Luckily my husband has just been offered a job, so we are very relieved. It seems really difficult here at the moment for british trades people, how are other people finding it?

Barbie

Like 0      
02 Apr 2008 4:10 PM by AmbientJobs Star rating in Monda. 4 posts Send private message

Pleased to read that your husband now has a job as I was just about to post the jobs thar are available on our website -a lthough they are all based in Gibraltar.

A friend of mine who lived in Coín was an excellent joiner - he even ended up with his workshop making kitchens - you will be surprised how many people in La Zagaleta would order a hand made kitchen - there are many rich people on this coast who would pay a fortune for a properly hand made kitchen. My friend now works for Clive Christian in Estepona fitting in their hand made kitchens (which are to die for!) - their kitchens are huge amounts of money and they ship them all over the World - not just Spain - maybe they need a joiner?

Good luck and I hope it all goes well :)

This message was last edited by AmbientJobs on 4/2/2008.

Like 0      
02 Apr 2008 5:49 PM by Barbie Star rating in Costa del Sol, Villa.... 47 posts Send private message

Thanks for that, its always good to hear new ideas. Unfortunately the job my husband has been offered is not consistent, and he has not had much work from it, but there is very little work around at the moment. I am sure he would love to be making quality kitchens, but nothing like that in the area we live. I think he would consider working in Gibraltar if necessary but would probably have to live nearby through the week and come home at weekends, I will certainly have a look at your website.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sold Again!!! - 3 posts
Solo hablamos español por favor - 50 posts
Spanish ONLY in here PLEASE. - 35 posts
Computer problem!!! - 14 posts
Lanzarote Villa - damp problem - 0 posts
Buy/Register Car in Gib and run in Spain - 5 posts
arenal 2000 benalmadena golf - 10 posts
For you men out there - 94 posts
A note of caution - 10 posts
Military/Service Pensions - 3 posts
Car Trailer For Sale - 2 posts
Alcaidesa - 3 posts
does anyone know.... - 15 posts
Homefirst Properties - 28 posts
Funniest Client Enquiries - 32 posts
My broken fridge freezer!! - 35 posts
Note of Caution - 26 posts
Aircon info needed, please. - 6 posts
Selling homes abroad Channel 4 - 22 posts
Deposit returned - 18 posts
Power of Attorney and Hague Apostille - 27 posts
40 questions! - 11 posts
Do you want items from over 80 UK high street shops ? - 0 posts
Hacienda Requlme Accomodation - 5 posts
Webcams all over Valencia region - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x