A note of caution

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
A freind sent me this email today....

My friend from Spain has called me this morning with this worrying phonecall.

Her friend had taken her young son shopping with her to MERCADONA [the new one by Atunara, behind La Linea].  Whilst doing her shopping she turned round only to find out her son had disappeared from her sight.  At that time the supermarket was not very busy so she started to look round for him.  After a few seconds she started shouting out for him, the security guard heard her and assisted her in looking for him.  When they could not see him around the supermarket and they checked outside, the security guard ordered for the shop to close and for no-one to come out.

After a short while, they found the little boy in the toilets, with his head shaved and with changed clothes.  A witness said they had seen two individuals who looked like "south americans" run out of the shop a few minutes earlier.  Apparently the boy was being prepared to be taken away.

Please be aware and keep a close eye on your children at all times, whether in the area or not.  Please pass this round to as many people as you can.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Apr 2007 12:19 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

That is so scary for families with young children & has got the hairs on my arms standing up.

Look after your kids, they're so precious.

Janice

Like 0      
12 Apr 2007 12:38 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Now i feel completely sick

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
12 Apr 2007 6:54 PM by 8yewtree Star rating in San Cayetano, Murcia.... 316 posts Send private message

8yewtree´s avatar

THIS IS AN URBAN LEGEND!!! IT IS NOT TRUE. IT ALWAYS HAPPENS TO A FRIEND OF A FRIEND!

I've heard this story so many times, although this is the first time it happened in Spain.  To my knowledge its happened in M&S - Handforth Dean, John Lewis - Cheadle and a department store in Blackpool which I can't remember the name of.

Its particularly shocking the first time you hear of it - just like all urban legends. I know quite a few and am happy to share them if anyone is interested. Needless to say the 'victim' always lives to tell the 'cautionary' tale.

Donna

Like 0      
12 Apr 2007 7:13 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Yep, read about it in a John Lewis store and, funnily enough, in USA Today that it happened in a K-Mart in Arkansas.

Believe it to be totally unfounded rumour.  Now you've got everyone buying dog leads to tether their kids when they go shopping in Mercadona.  As soon as someone tells me a friend of their friend drove off with his Granny on the roof of the car, I know it's silly season time.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2007 7:48 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Well i have to say it frightened the life out of me. Im so pleased its a load of s**t.

Justin what were you thinking? Did a friend genuinely ring you?

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 6:36 PM by tyrills Star rating in bootle,merseyside/po.... 73 posts Send private message

tyrills´s avatar
this needs to be brought back to the top, see eos 12/04/07

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 9:29 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You can use this to track your kids. Seems like a good idea in this day and age.  (Also good for those investors who "leave their brain on the plane" when arriving on inspection trips!)

http://www.loc8tor.com/

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 1:57 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

I personally think this is an Urban Story.... they say the same in Rio de Janeiro.... everywhere.... and it just come now when due to their numbers South American inmigrants are starting to find their place in the Spanish society..?? too much of a thing..... and if it was true, it would be on TV all over...

A kid of 6 years old disapeared more than a month ago in Tenerife in a strange case...... the whole community got involved in this cases and the children would appear...  I personally think is a "go" at south americans from some "european rednecks".... you know... all those who are trying to "enforce" democracy everywhere...

Do not get scared, Spain is one of the safest places in the world, it is not what it used to be 5 years ago, but the police is really "kicking backs" and working hard.......

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 2:39 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Yeh, I FIRST heard this one about six years ago, when I was living in Singapore.  It happened in Carrefour that time!!  Funny, as I was reading this, I was waiting for the shaved head bit to surface!!

Not a particularly nice story to put around, but this one has most definitely being doing the rounds for years, in different countries and different stores and is totally fabricated!!

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 4:59 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

This is a hoax.  It was circulated at work but HR looked in to it and they found a website in America which told the true story that led to this hoax.  Unfortunately I deleted the details a few weeks ago.  It is based on a true story from the states that happened some time ago but it is lies about it happening out here. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Military/Service Pensions - 3 posts
Car Trailer For Sale - 2 posts
Alcaidesa - 3 posts
does anyone know.... - 15 posts
Homefirst Properties - 28 posts
Funniest Client Enquiries - 32 posts
My broken fridge freezer!! - 35 posts
Note of Caution - 26 posts
Aircon info needed, please. - 6 posts
Selling homes abroad Channel 4 - 22 posts
Deposit returned - 18 posts
Power of Attorney and Hague Apostille - 27 posts
40 questions! - 11 posts
Do you want items from over 80 UK high street shops ? - 0 posts
Hacienda Requlme Accomodation - 5 posts
Webcams all over Valencia region - 9 posts
Hacienda Requelme - 1 posts
Floor Safes - 15 posts
Car Needed, second hand, preferably Spanish Plates. - 1 posts
Free healthcare in Murcia - 2 posts
vehicle air conditioning - 2 posts
Regarding the Forum help board - 0 posts
Multiple Applicants - 8 posts
New furniture warehouse in Almoradi. - 3 posts
KNIFE CRIME - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x