'C' Bar in Duquesa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jan 2011 10:38 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We went there for breakfast last week and...it was really good!  I really enjoyed the fry-up.

Service was excellent too.

Haven't tried the lunch there for a long time though.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Jan 2011 8:56 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar

Glad to hear they do a good brekkie.  It's such a lovely spot to sit outside.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2011 9:14 PM by yarp Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Recently back from Duquesa visited C Bar quite a lot, had breakfast ciabatta and omelette another day both were absolutely lovely and very well presented , Tried the evening food and lunches and staff friendly so no complaints from me. 

Like 0      
14 Feb 2011 4:03 PM by Kevin B Star rating in Kent and Duquesa. 34 posts Send private message

We always visited the C bar but since it changed hands it definitely went down hill. Haven't been there for a couple of months so maybe it's back to it's enjoyable self. Back in Duquesa next week so will give it another try.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2011 5:51 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

They apparently put their prices up as well, during a recession.  The last few times I've been along the port, C Bar was a lot quiter than it used to be, but the bars next door were busier.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2011 10:38 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar

We found it very expensie when we were last out and that many other places had cut their prices.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2011 2:16 AM by Benito Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Ha, nice to read these comments as all that lovely food used to be cooked by me so thanks for the compliments!!

It was sad to hear Martin and Marie has sold the place, I guess that the only consolation for myself and all the other great people that worked there is that the standards seem to have dropped.

Such a shame, but glad to know we were doing it right back then!

Like 0      
29 Mar 2011 12:41 PM by Joxer Star rating in Dublin Southside Ire.... 1 posts Send private message

Having spoken to Martin a few weeks back , he says that Zack is very pleased with the performance of the "New C Bar" . Im shocked to read all of the bad reports posted about it, as Benito posted at least it shows that we were doing something right. I wish Zack and his staff the best of luck in the place but its a shame that all of our hard work has been undone.

Like 0      
29 Mar 2011 6:21 PM by derek55 Star rating in Carsares Costa---Bir.... 51 posts Send private message

Have to agree with Joxer, we called in for a drink last week. The staff  were attentive but the whole atmosphere as changed along with the prices. We prefer H2O and you are assured of a good welcome from Karen.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Weather in June in Alicante - 6 posts
learning spanish - 3 posts
jive alive with jukebox - 0 posts
Check if your lawyer is registered - 7 posts
Car Hire - 4 posts
To warm your heart today ...................... - 4 posts
yellie38 - 3 posts
Vet near Madrid - 0 posts
Driving age in spain - 4 posts
Driving with pets - 1 posts
I do hope Mr O Leary of ryanair doesn't read this - 9 posts
good restaurants in Villamartin, Orihuella, San Miguel..? - 5 posts
Rudina web site - 3 posts
Jake Van Kralingen - 1 posts
Tony Gatehouse - 2 posts
our sky box - 8 posts
Accommodation and Conference Facilities - Costa Brava - 0 posts
Vulnerable Adults Charities - Are there any in Spain? - 2 posts
Looking to buy a scooter - 0 posts
Apartment long term rental advice please! - 2 posts
Where are my messeges going???? - 5 posts
Don Juan III - 9 posts
Barcelona Chelsea 28th April - 3 posts
Freesat if old Sky box is playing up? - 28 posts
Does anybody have the direct access number to telefonicas voicemail system? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x