Telimico GONE AGAIN............

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Sep 2008 7:29 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

20 channels is a re-broadcaster, most people who have gone down that route have paid a one off set up fee and been left with 1 channel after a couple of weeks.

Think they are stealing someone else's signal, thing carefully before you part with money.

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 7:47 PM by jj325 Star rating in San Pedro del Pinata.... 24 posts Send private message

Been quoted today between 1400-1700€ for 1'9mtr dish and three digiboxes, one for us and others for the two apartments next door.  Seriously considering Canal+ and changing the language where possible!

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 8:13 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

That's what we are thinking of going for, 20,95 + 7 euros for Fox, Sci Fi and Calle13.  A fraction more than Telmicro but it's free installation so no initial outlay.

I think the additional channels are free til December.  Installation quick as wellm unless they've had a sudden rush recently.

Another plus is that we'll now longer be itentified as Brits by the micomesh ariels.  Bit of a give away.

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 8:21 PM by jj325 Star rating in San Pedro del Pinata.... 24 posts Send private message

Less of a target for passing thieves as well without the mesh!!!!

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 1:19 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
In New York, they have a neon sign which updates the US National debt every couple of seconds.  Any chance of having a similar type sign on this site to update each time someone posts about British TV gone in Spain?  If you could link this up with another couple of sites, I make it just over 4,000 posts on this subject and we could have some fun watching the numbers whizz up.  Beats watching the paint dry on my balustrades, I reckon.
I think I'll set up a DVD hire company when I come over and have things like the Coronation Street and East Enders omnibus editions available at premium rates.  For those of you missing your football, I watched several live premiership matches on Spanish TDT last week including the Man U v Chelsea game.  If I could only find a way of getting BBC 24 live on disc, I could probably make a small fortune.  Then again, as most Brits want it free, or up to 20 cents if pushed, I probably wouldn't make too much out of it.
Still, the Eurolottery is worth a hundred million real spondoolicks tonight.  Best I go and buy a ticket.  Either that, or make up a few more "Nigerian wants to share in your good luck" type e-mails for sending out to those who do actually win it.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 1:41 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

"Been quoted today between 1400-1700€ for 1'9mtr dish and three digiboxes, one for us and others for the two apartments next door. "

How much just for the dish installation? The UK satellite receivers in Spain tend to be quite expensive (I have seen them for €250 local to me for a basic unit), you could buy one much cheaper in the UK and take it with you next time or have it sent to you? Why not try eBay? Maybe buy the Freesat from Sky pack which includes a mini dish for £75 and sell the mini dish to recoup som ouf the outlay? Satellite receivers not specifially for a UK broadcaster can be bought cheaper in electrical retailers in Spain.

Mark

Like 0      
26 Sep 2008 3:07 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Bobaol -  think I'll set up a DVD hire company when I come over and have things like the Coronation Street and East Enders omnibus editions available at premium rates

An enterprising soul is selling these dvd's at Zocco market, can't remember the price  

Like 0      
27 Sep 2008 8:04 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi
I have read threads, forums until my head exploded. 
Could someone tell me what we can get with an 80cm dish and what sort of receiver and card would I need? Pleeeeeeeeeeeze  don't tell me this has been said on another thread, I can't find the one I need so if anyone could let me know, that would be great

Like 0      
27 Sep 2008 10:09 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
i am getting so lost by where i have posted this info....so here goes again...
(using links as these will be more accurate and complete than posting all the 100's of channels here..)

using this link for free tv channels
http://www.flysat.com/tv-uk.php

and this link for the Sky pay channels (use the beam column)
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html

on an 80 cm dish you should be able to pick up most of the channels on eurobird 1
on an 80 cm dish you should be able to pick up most of the channels on astra 2,a,b south beam
on an 80 cm dish you may not be able to pick up the channels on astra 2,a,b north beam
on an 80 cm dish you should be able to pick up most of the channels on astra 2c
on an 80 cm dish you will not be able to pick up  of the channels on astra 2d

for the free to air channels - a free to air digital satellite receiver (be it generic, freesat or sky receiver)
for the free to air channels, FIVE (at the moment), FIVER, FIVE US, Sky Three, Setanta Sprots News - a sky "freesatfromsky" viewing card and a Sky receiver
for the free to air channels, FIVE (at the moment), FIVER, FIVE US, Sky Three, Setanta Sprots News, and any sky subscription channels - a sky subscription viewing card and a sky receiver

this may help with seeing what channels are on each sat service...

http://www.satandpcguy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35

for info: UK TV is beamed from 5 satellites, Astra 2 a,b,,c,d and eurobird 1.
Astra 2a and b have north and south beams, with the north beam chanels being a bit "tricky" to get all day.
Astra 2d is the weak beam satellite with bbc and itv and c4 on

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
29 Sep 2008 8:03 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Thanks Satguy
That it very helpful, and thanks for all the info you have passed on to us.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2008 6:26 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Just trying to make up my mind as to "which way to jump", when I had a phone call from my letting agents.  My tenants had been into the office twice today to say that they were going to tear up the letting contract as part of the details say "Television installed!!  So said letting agent picked up the phone!!  He says that all his "clients" are going with Torresat and so thought that I should do the same!!  No guarantees by the agent if they fizzle out though!!  Torresat want €250 to adapt my Telmicro receiver to their frequency - very expensive to "twiddle some knobs"!!   Not to mention the €20 per month

If Torresat go down I'll stick to Spanish only TV - it all else fails have decided that has got to be the best long term bet!!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
30 Sep 2008 6:38 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Can you not get any TV at all? How about getting a small aerial that you would use on a portable TV as a temporary fix? Are your tenants UK or Spanish? Does the contract state that UK TV is installed?

Like 0      
30 Sep 2008 6:52 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
Unfortunately no TV at all.  

I had a large dish in the back garden which was working in times pre-Telmicro, and from all accounts it should have been usuable, but letting agents sent two different companies out to see it and they both said that it wasn't - but no explanation as to why not.

The original "blurb" of the letting details said that TV was connected to the property, and so the tenants went in on that premise.  Luckily (or unluckily!) it didn't state English TV - and the irony of it all is that I hardly watch TV when I am in Spain!!  Because it seems as if I have been learning Spanish for ever, my Spanish is reasonable, so if there is a future problem I shall just change to a Spanish company - and tell any future tenants that if they want to live in Spain, watching and listening to Spanish is the best way to learn the language!!

The tenants are English and have just renewed for another 6 months.  So reluctantly, to keep the peace, I have gone along with this Torresat deal.  The agents seem to think that it won't go down (famous last words!!) because Telmicro "allegedly" ran into problems over fraud and not over re-broadcasting.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
06 Oct 2008 3:30 PM by roylps Star rating in balsicas, murcia. 56 posts Send private message

Has anyone got a satalite system with ITV & BBC working, in the Murcia balsicas area.

Also has anyone got digital plus and if so what english speaking channes do they have.

Like 0      
06 Oct 2008 5:22 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
you wil need at least a 1.4m dish to get some bbc and itv
a 1.8 will get you even more bbc anditv  and some bbc2 and c4....

most D+ channels are all in spanish, buut like TDT they have the option , when available, to change the langauge into english. this is normally on us movies and dramas and series. it is not always available on sports.

see www.plus.es
and
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dpastra.html
(see APID for ENG or oORIG when language can be changed into english or original version)

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
08 Oct 2008 2:43 PM by roylps Star rating in balsicas, murcia. 56 posts Send private message

Has anyone got a 1.4 metre dish satalite system with ITV & BBC working, in the Murcia balsicas area.

Like 0      
17 Oct 2008 9:09 PM by evostick Star rating in Guernsey, Channel Is.... 56 posts Send private message

Our apartment is at El Rincon and I've only just thought about the TV situation!  We have a villa at Entre Naranjos and had Telemicro to install there and at apartment.  At EN we are having a community dish and connection sorted and all sharing the price.  Now that I have enquiry for rental of the apartment for Christmas and New Year it dawned on me (I am a bit slow!) that there is no tv in the apartment.  Can anyone please advise me what others are doing about TV now and how one goes about getting a new TV company who are legal and not going to join the others in prison.  

Much appreciated

Yvonne

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

one way van rental - 0 posts
SPANISH GYPSIES TAKEN OVER APPARTMENT - 2 posts
Lookin to move to Spain ? help - 8 posts
Congratulations! - 0 posts
Restaurant reviews benidorm - 0 posts
Internet-Pay as you go,or Monthly Contract ? - 2 posts
Using the spanish health service if under 65 and early retired. - 6 posts
Los Lagos court case won against developer! - 5 posts
Costa Brava - 0 posts
Help Snake - 3 posts
50cc motorbike for sale - 0 posts
2 seater sofa for sale - 1 posts
Can a mod please explain - 4 posts
flying pets with iberia - 5 posts
chrissy - 0 posts
Costs involved in Selling - 5 posts
New El Pirata in Albatera - 0 posts
Bank Guarantees, a new source of woe for off plan buyers - 1 posts
New Scooters 50 - 125 - 150 cc - 21 posts
Please I need some advice! - 5 posts
Two jobs in Spain? Is this possible - 1 posts
IBI Local taxes - 75 posts
Mirador Villa Phase 2 Fuente De Piedra - 2 posts
urgent - cycle hire - 0 posts
Living in Malaga - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 97

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x