Help Snake

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by andygman Star rating in Leeds. 21 posts Send private message

Today my daughter had the fright of her life. A small snake grey in colour wih a yellow band around the neck and with a black head crawled out from under the couch.  It was only about 4" long so not so big, but I have tried searching  to find out if it is poisonous or not, can anyone help. The house is in Cantabria near reinosa if that is of any help.
Thanks
Andy

Like 0      
06 Sep 2008 8:49 PM by julie anne Star rating. 1103 posts Send private message

Venomous snakes in Spain

There are a total of 13 snakes present in Spain of which five are venomous. These are:

Seoane's viper (Vipera seoanei - víbora de Seoane)
Asp viper (Vipera aspis - víbora áspid)
Snub-nosed or Lataste's viper (Viborade lataste - vibora hocicuda)
False smooth snake (Macroprotodon cucullatus - culebra de cogulla)
Montpellier Snake (Malpolon monspessulanus - culebra bastarda or de Montpellier)

Like 0      
07 Sep 2008 7:51 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
OMG!
How scary is that!
Hope they can't climb, I live on the 3rd floor.............
Country walks in Spain may be out for me now!
I hate snakes!!!!!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
08 Sep 2008 10:02 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
I actually saw what appeared to be a Montpellier about two and a half years ago. Was driving along a quiet residential street when across the road in front of me was a snake of about 1.5 metres to 2 metres long - it slithered off and I saw it in the rear view mirror - stopped the car and got out intrigued to see its back end disappear into some shrubbery - had come out of an empty overgrown plot of land where i guess it lived - built up area about 5 minutes walk to the beach in Marbella. Didnt really occur whether it was venomous or not but was far enough away to know I could get b ack in the car if it took a more aggressive stance but generally these things leave you alone if you leave them alone - hence i didnt go diving into the shrubbery in hot pursuit - too small to be a decent meal for a crocodile anyway.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

50cc motorbike for sale - 0 posts
2 seater sofa for sale - 1 posts
Can a mod please explain - 4 posts
flying pets with iberia - 5 posts
chrissy - 0 posts
Costs involved in Selling - 5 posts
New El Pirata in Albatera - 0 posts
Bank Guarantees, a new source of woe for off plan buyers - 1 posts
New Scooters 50 - 125 - 150 cc - 21 posts
Please I need some advice! - 5 posts
Two jobs in Spain? Is this possible - 1 posts
IBI Local taxes - 75 posts
Mirador Villa Phase 2 Fuente De Piedra - 2 posts
urgent - cycle hire - 0 posts
Living in Malaga - 0 posts
viva estates - 8 posts
Moving with a dog - 3 posts
Bank transfer to Holland - 2 posts
How to handle the Guardia Civil...(not) - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL REQUIRED - 0 posts
Broadband around cabo roig. - 10 posts
Good evening to everyone! - 6 posts
Tesco Clubcard Vouchers - 1 posts
New Restaurant La Reserva! - 1 posts
Mystery - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x