Telimico GONE AGAIN............

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Sep 2008 2:13 PM by lovekiwis Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Thanks..i'm not much clearer,being a not-very-technical-type woman!
Love the growly,bad tempered dog(cat?) though! How do you do that? Love one to stick on some emails to obnoxious people!

Like 0      
20 Sep 2008 2:53 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi lovekiwis, If you do a search on the forum For Long Live the Bucket, it will tell you how to set up a avatar good luck.   Pat

Like 0      
20 Sep 2008 3:33 PM by lovekiwis Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Thanks Pat,i'll have a go....make a change from anguishing about TV systems!

This message was last edited by lovekiwis on 9/20/2008.

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 12:10 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

"Love the growly,bad tempered dog(cat?) though! How do you do that? Love one to stick on some emails to obnoxious people!"

lovekiwis - isn't it  Taz from the cartoon series (I think that's his name)

Have been reading on another forum reports from people who have loaded the TDT system cost about 80e for the box and ariel, they installed it themselves connecting up to the Telmicro cabling.  Others who live in apartments have found out that the TDT ariels have recently been installed so it's just a matter of buying a box and connecting up to the ariel point/outlet.

To watch UK news and soaps you'll have to use the internet and lots of people are managing to download these.

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 12:19 PM by jj325 Star rating in San Pedro del Pinata.... 24 posts Send private message

Neighbour went to cancel her Telmicro subscription to be told by her bank that Telmicro were in fact Bankrupt! Don't know if anyone else has heard this?  Think it is going to have to be a dish, as this seems to be the only legal way to received transmissions.

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 12:27 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
I haven't cancelled my DD for Telemicro yet Jo.
I was just waiting to see if the situation changes, very unlikelly I know!
I will check daily to see if they take anything out..............

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 12:52 PM by jj325 Star rating in San Pedro del Pinata.... 24 posts Send private message

Hi Fibby, I have checked my account online, seems nothing since July, very unlikely they will be back, rest will slowly disappear as well, friend of mine just paid 250€ to hcange to another supplier but still re-broadcaster, which reading other posts is still illegal, I am not going to touch this system again, been brushing up on my Spanish over the past month or so!!!!

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 12:57 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Yes, I think you are wise Jo.
At least when your Spanish is better, you can just watch Spanish TV legally and understand it!

Edited re: spelling (as usual!)

Where's our spell checker Justin?!

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 9/21/2008.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 1:04 PM by jj325 Star rating in San Pedro del Pinata.... 24 posts Send private message

Kids programmes and the News are easiest for me, subtitles do make a difference!  

After all I did come here to live in Spain not just Uk in the sunshine!

Just wondering if on the Astra you will be able to pick up programmes in both languages, cos films in Spanish I end getting a headache through having to concentrating too much or totally lost!

Like 0      
21 Sep 2008 2:48 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Jo have you considered Canal+, some of their films and programmes you can change over to English.  I think there's a button on remote/box that you can press to take it back to original language.  

I'm sure that's what Telmicro did when transmitting Calle13, Sci Fi and Fox channels.  The adverts were in Spanish and the progammes in English.

Don't know about costs but it must be cheaper than 1ke  that people are banding about to fit a sat system.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2008 7:35 AM by jj325 Star rating in San Pedro del Pinata.... 24 posts Send private message

HI Semi,
Thanks for the info, I will definitely look into that option.
Jo

Like 0      
22 Sep 2008 11:35 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Please let us know how you get on, how much it costs etc.  When we're out for longer periods we may get it installed but for not I'm going to stick to TDT.

I don't know if this will work but I found this on another forum so will copy and past it.

Click HERE for Spanish TV listings. Then just click on the station logo to see the programmes for the whole of that day.

It does, it gives TDT programmes and Canal+?  I recognise some of the programmes.

Anyone know if you can apply for top up programmes, in UK you can get UK Gold and others.  Viewing is restricted to evenings only I think, just wondered if there's anyway I can get Calle13, Fox, Sci Fi other than Canal+

This message was last edited by semijubilada on 9/22/2008.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2008 12:43 PM by jj325 Star rating in San Pedro del Pinata.... 24 posts Send private message

Just had a play around with my Spanish tdt receiver, went into the settings, and I have managed to deactivate the dubbing over of English/American programmes.

Think I might stick with this option as well. Box only cost me 45€.  Get the best of both worlds, practice for my Spanish AND the option to watch dubbed films (which I must say are above my level of Spanish) in the winter evenings.

Think the dish would only be an option if my other two close neighbours want to share the cost.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2008 3:36 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Jo  -  I've read that you get 30 channels with TDT, I've just had a look at the list I printed below and only 11 are shown, do they also include the first channels in the list and if so what others.

The Aragon channels on Automicas list looks good, can see Mcleods Daughters and Colombo.

If you could have a look at the list and let me know which one's apply I'd be grateful.  I don't have internet access out in Spain so I'd like to do some research here so I can see what channels I should be looking for.

I understand there's an EPG button so that you can see what's on now and next.

Glad your sorted, I just need to find someone to put a digital ariel up for me then I'll be ok as well.

Like 0      
22 Sep 2008 5:06 PM by jj325 Star rating in San Pedro del Pinata.... 24 posts Send private message

Hi Semi

Try this link below:

If you put in your post code for here in spain and press confirmar, another screen will load 

and ask for your población (town) find it and press confirmar again 

Then press "Consultar Servicios Disponible" it will then give you green lights as to what is available on tdt at this moment, 

I believe there are a few regional differences, but for now this is more than ok for me.  There are about 10 Radio channelsas well

http://www.tdt.es/

Our house here already has tdt via the ariel installed to the urbanisation, so all we had to do was buy a box and connect to the socket in the wall.

There is an epg button which lists those programmes, yes.  

I went into the menu option on the remote and changed everything to English, had a couple of programmes in English, kids watched an old Angel episode when they came home from school, will see what comes up later, don't think it un-dubs cartoons, but no great hardship for me or the children!!

Like 0      
22 Sep 2008 8:44 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

thanks for the instructions, did as you suggested and I've got a red light and "esta zona do dispone de corbetuna TDT por el momento" which I gather means you're out of luck mrs and try again later 

Never mind I've packed loads of DVD's so I'll make do with them and radio..

Unfortunately when Telmicro installed TV they took down the Spanish ariel so can't even get Terrestrial TV.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 8:23 AM by jj325 Star rating in San Pedro del Pinata.... 24 posts Send private message

HI Semi,

ONLY one channel available in English last night - cheesy film, which with adverts ran for about 3 hours!!!

Think I will still be looking into own Legal dish!

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 9:48 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Someone on another site has gone for Canal+, special offer at the moment free installation, basic package 20.95, loads of programmes in English plus films.  if you upgrade to include series you get most of the programmes listed under Entretenmiento except for Cosmo (listing shows Judging Amy? and Sex and the City) TNT Espania, Animax and Buzz..  This costs another 7e but you don't pay until next year.  Click HERE for Spanish TV listings

Have a look at the Canal website and see what you think, the price is just over what we paid Telmicro monthly so I may consider going for it, especially as it looks like TDT won't be available for my area for a while.

OH says he's not too bothered about watching sport when he's out there but as you already have TDT you can switch between the two to watch Teleportes which I understand shows a good selection.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 2:22 PM by Grahamd Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Earlier in this trail of woe, someone mentioned Slingbox/Slingmedia, a system where you can watch TV legally from the UK - someone else suggested that the quality wouldn't be any good.... but.. it is!

To make this a viable solution (which only really works for people who do NOT live in Spain permanently) you need an internet connection at both your home in the UK and your place in the sun.

The Slingbox is connected into your UK home network and TV, then via a PC at your home in Spain, you stream the video over the internet.

My system works very well.

(although I have a high bandwidth 20Mb broadband connection in the UK and only 2Mb in Spain - it is the uplink speed in the UK and download speed in Spain that is important)

My slingbox is connected to a Freeview digital PVR (80+ channels) and I can view live or recorded shows and also set recordings for later viewing, and all this is watched on a 22" PC screen with reasonable quality.

Google Slingbox to find out more. 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 2:57 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Just phoned one of the people in the paper advertising legal TV.

A gruff voice answered and said..............................

Telmicro will not be coming back, the charge for installing Torresat is now 250€ and 20€ each month.

???????????????????????????????????????????

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

one way van rental - 0 posts
SPANISH GYPSIES TAKEN OVER APPARTMENT - 2 posts
Lookin to move to Spain ? help - 8 posts
Congratulations! - 0 posts
Restaurant reviews benidorm - 0 posts
Internet-Pay as you go,or Monthly Contract ? - 2 posts
Using the spanish health service if under 65 and early retired. - 6 posts
Los Lagos court case won against developer! - 5 posts
Costa Brava - 0 posts
Help Snake - 3 posts
50cc motorbike for sale - 0 posts
2 seater sofa for sale - 1 posts
Can a mod please explain - 4 posts
flying pets with iberia - 5 posts
chrissy - 0 posts
Costs involved in Selling - 5 posts
New El Pirata in Albatera - 0 posts
Bank Guarantees, a new source of woe for off plan buyers - 1 posts
New Scooters 50 - 125 - 150 cc - 21 posts
Please I need some advice! - 5 posts
Two jobs in Spain? Is this possible - 1 posts
IBI Local taxes - 75 posts
Mirador Villa Phase 2 Fuente De Piedra - 2 posts
urgent - cycle hire - 0 posts
Living in Malaga - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 97

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x