Using the spanish health service if under 65 and early retired.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar
Saw this in CA News on Friday:

"Madrid
August 26, 2008

Dear Editor,

In response to the letter in the August 7-14 (Nº 591) edition, which read "The British Embassy site states that there should soon be in place (Jan 2009) a scheme where early retirees may pay into the Spanish system to receive care. The cost has yet to be decided but is to be ’reasonable and affordable‘ with no health exclusions." We would like to point out that this scheme only applies to the Valencia Autonomous Community. The Catalan Autonomous Community also runs a similar scheme.

The British Embassy, Madrid"

Is there any prospect of this measure being introduced in Almeria/Andaluia??? If not, WHY!!!

Like 0      
07 Sep 2008 12:34 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

This is being bought in because previously expat residents in Valencia were being given free health care.  Unfortunately UK would only provide funding for the UK OAP so the Valencian Region gave it's residents who were effected one years notice that they would be without health care.  As a lot of people have pre-excisting health conditions which would not be covered under private medical insurance the pressure was put on the British Embassy to come up with a solution.

Why not write to the British Embassy and see what they have to say about the region where you have a property.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2008 8:28 PM by falklands Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

I am 62 and my Wife is 63 and in reciept of her UK State pension
we are Residents in  Marbella. I have a "Tarjeta Sanitaria Individual" card. I am classed as a dependent of my wife and I am entitiled to the full bebifits of the Spanish health System. I also have a Spanish Social Security No: I obtained the correct forms from the DH&P which were in English and Spanish with details of my entitlement, and duly presented them at the Health Cenre in Marbella. After three months and a few more trips to the health center I recieved my card.

Falkland

Like 0      
15 Sep 2008 8:56 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Anyone in receipt of a UK State Pension is not effected and have a legal right to Spanish health service.  Also their dependants, as you and others have explained.

What we are talking about is people who have occupational pensions because they retired early from work but are not entitled to draw a state pension for a number of years.

Alicante region allowed everyone to sign on after handing over the correct forms from Newcastle DWP.  Now due to a deficit in funds they decided to withdraw this "perk" and the sip cards will not be renewed.  

This voluntary scheme is what the British Embassy is bringing in to help out those who would not be covered by private medical insurance due to excisting conditions.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2008 1:27 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
Have a trawl through:

https://ukinspain-stage.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/pensions-benefits/healthcare/ 

you might be lucky.

I pay 250€ p.c.m. as a director of Maximeters, and my family under the age of 18 are entitled to healthcare as dependents.

The healthcare we recieve is generally excellent, and streets ahead of the NHS (where I had the fun of working many moons ago).

There is also a non-contributory pension scheme for permanent invalids but getting it is tortuous.

As I have said in other threads on this forum, why the hell haven't the useless b&&&&&s in Brussels sorted this all out long ago???  

They want a European Army etc. etc. but can't sort out the simple nuts-and-bolts of a Europe wide health care system.

Also - if you live in Spain, why can't you vote in Spanish elections?  What's the point of me voting in UK elections when I don't care about what goes on there?  My family and I consider ourselves Spanish, but can't vote in the national elections.  Isn't this what we are paying the Brussels lot for?  To make Europe a cohesive entity for the inhabitants?

Like 0      
18 Sep 2008 4:05 PM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar
Thank you for the link!

Like 0      
18 Sep 2008 5:27 PM by Max Kite Star rating in Castilléjar, Granada. 308 posts Send private message

Max Kite´s avatar
Hope it was useful, Scampi.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Los Lagos court case won against developer! - 5 posts
Costa Brava - 0 posts
Help Snake - 3 posts
50cc motorbike for sale - 0 posts
2 seater sofa for sale - 1 posts
Can a mod please explain - 4 posts
flying pets with iberia - 5 posts
chrissy - 0 posts
Costs involved in Selling - 5 posts
New El Pirata in Albatera - 0 posts
Bank Guarantees, a new source of woe for off plan buyers - 1 posts
New Scooters 50 - 125 - 150 cc - 21 posts
Please I need some advice! - 5 posts
Two jobs in Spain? Is this possible - 1 posts
IBI Local taxes - 75 posts
Mirador Villa Phase 2 Fuente De Piedra - 2 posts
urgent - cycle hire - 0 posts
Living in Malaga - 0 posts
viva estates - 8 posts
Moving with a dog - 3 posts
Bank transfer to Holland - 2 posts
How to handle the Guardia Civil...(not) - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL REQUIRED - 0 posts
Broadband around cabo roig. - 10 posts
Good evening to everyone! - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x