Los Lagos court case won against developer!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Is anyone living in Spain and working in the UK?

I would love to hear about how people sorted out tax and NHS etc. 
Do you pay in UK and then transfer over?
Get the UK 106 to cover health care in both countries?

We are trying to find out how it works. 

Any input appreciated thanks.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
07 Sep 2008 2:02 PM by damok666 Star rating in Sunderland. 75 posts Send private message

Hi Laury,  I was living in Spain and working in the Oil Industry in the UK.  Despite what everybody might think there was no tax dodge and I had to pay full UK Tax and National Insurance.  This did however give me full access to Spanish National Health Service for me and my dependants (cant remember if I had to use 106 or 109 form).

I was paid into my UK bank and transferred it monthly at a cost of £25 and if the 1st fell on a weekend it could take until the 7th to get to Spain - but this was Barclays so I'm sure it could be done cheaper and quicker.

Hope this helps.

Like 0      
07 Sep 2008 6:42 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Nationwide Flex would be a better account, if you have a joint account you can both draw out £300 a day from a atm, on-line banking and if you open a e-savings you can switch the cleared funds between the two to gain extra interest until you need funds.

Like 0      
07 Sep 2008 7:23 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Thanks Damok. 

As we haven't sold our house due to the stupid market, we are now going along the lines of renting it out for a while. If we do this, my husband needs to carry on working and at the moment he is in central London and commuting Monday-Friday from Devon.
Looking at commuting from Alicante airport instead and the flights are cheaper than the train.

We have a LTD company in the UK and could use an accountant to sort everything out for us tax and insurance wise and perhapas another accountant in Spain to make sure we don't pay again? 

Is that what you do?

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
08 Sep 2008 8:57 AM by damok666 Star rating in Sunderland. 75 posts Send private message

Hi Laury,

I was employed and so all my tax etc was done by the wages department.  And I never bought a house so I was literally only transferring enough per month for rent and to live on. I was never fully resident in Spain as I didn't spend 6 months a year there and never paid tax to Spain and I'm not sure how it works in the EU as to paying the difference in Tax levels.

I did commute from Alicante though and always found the Easyjet to Luton route the cheapest if you can book ahead at least a few weeks.

Like 0      
08 Sep 2008 9:50 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Thanks Damok.

We have been studying the flights and it seems that we can book to Luton or Gatwick at different times for cheapness. Bothe less than the £200 we have to pay for his train fare from Devon. Crazy, isn't it?

I really need an accountant in the UK who is au fait with the Spanish/British system I suppose.
Also one in Spain perhaps?  I have no idea really.

Why are things never easy. 

Laury

Laury

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Costa Brava - 0 posts
Help Snake - 3 posts
50cc motorbike for sale - 0 posts
2 seater sofa for sale - 1 posts
Can a mod please explain - 4 posts
flying pets with iberia - 5 posts
chrissy - 0 posts
Costs involved in Selling - 5 posts
New El Pirata in Albatera - 0 posts
Bank Guarantees, a new source of woe for off plan buyers - 1 posts
New Scooters 50 - 125 - 150 cc - 21 posts
Please I need some advice! - 5 posts
Two jobs in Spain? Is this possible - 1 posts
IBI Local taxes - 75 posts
Mirador Villa Phase 2 Fuente De Piedra - 2 posts
urgent - cycle hire - 0 posts
Living in Malaga - 0 posts
viva estates - 8 posts
Moving with a dog - 3 posts
Bank transfer to Holland - 2 posts
How to handle the Guardia Civil...(not) - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL REQUIRED - 0 posts
Broadband around cabo roig. - 10 posts
Good evening to everyone! - 6 posts
Tesco Clubcard Vouchers - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x