Telimico GONE AGAIN............

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Sep 2008 11:53 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Sat guy
Thank you for your patience and time you have taken out to answer all the queries we have had re the TV situation.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2008 6:13 PM by annbag Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

HELLO

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS WHAT´S HAPPENING WITH TELMICRO.
CAN´T FIND ANYTHING AT ALL , AND THEY WERE EITHER COMING BACK ON AIR TODAY -15TH SEPT OR GIVING OUT A STATEMENT. HAVEN´T HEARD A THING
CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE

Like 0      
15 Sep 2008 6:24 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Latest news is that they were in court today.

Hoping to hear the outcome tomorrow.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2008 9:45 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
i gather it was always booked as a minimum two day hearing - i kno wof one witness has been told to be there on tuesday...
so we may not find out the results til wednesday - depends on how the judge feels i spose....

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
16 Sep 2008 12:43 PM by SophieRF Star rating in Quesada. 62 posts Send private message

Anybody heard any news regarding telemicro, had a look on sol tv website they say it should be back on today with a  new package, im in work and havent been able to take a look, can any 1 give me any good news, will i have some tv tonight, or ever again with telemicro?

Like 0      
16 Sep 2008 2:30 PM by lightalex1 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi here is the message on Telmicro's web site, pick the bones out of it!!

Telmicro information

Updated 15/09/2008

The Telmicro TV system is not broadcasting.

The ongoing legal proceedings require all the relevant technical equipment to be looked at. Due to the secrecy of these proceedings, no further information is available.

Our Technical Support lines are not operational at this time.

Telmicro apologise to its clients and thank them for their patience and support during these difficult times.

We are expecting a statement and an announcement regarding the return of TV service very soon.

Like 0      
16 Sep 2008 4:05 PM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar
My husband has just had a phone call this afternoon.....from Teleast saying that Telemicro are not comming back and do we wish to change our system to their's ( suprise siprise ).
He's not good with the phone, but thinks they were asking 200 € installation + 20 € per month.
Can anyone else tell me what these people are doing that makes them think that the same isn't going to happen to them?
Think I'll stick with the DVD's for now until things look like it's getting sorted.
I suppose this is all to do with Sky & Canal + joining up !

Hope it's all sorted before the dark nights come ......

Like 0      
16 Sep 2008 5:30 PM by annbag Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

HELLO

I AGREE ABOUT WAITING.

IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH TELMICRO ,WHO WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE BIGGEST SETUP, THEN THE OTHERS ARE BOUND TO FOLLOW.
PEOPLE ARE SPLASHING OUT HUNDREDS OF EUROS, AND THEN NOT GETTING THE PROMISED CHANNELS AND THE ENGINEER(?) WILL NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN.

THE SAT AND PC MAN SEEMS TO KNOW ALOT ABOUT WHAT TO DO CORRECTLY.

RUNNING OUT OF DVD´S THOUGH, I BET THE MOBILE FILM MAN IS DOING A TRADE THIS LAST MONTH.

SIGNING OFF TO GO TO THE HOT TUB AND ANOTHER(ONE OF FEW LEFT) DVD.

Like 0      
16 Sep 2008 11:22 PM by lovekiwis Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi...haven't found my way around this site yet..seem to be in 2 threads at the same time.Maybe got it wrong starting a new one to introduce myself.  Posted a rely on that,& then found this,so not sure who's reading what!

Anyway,thanks to Gina & semijubilada for your welcome & replies.  if you find the other thread,or anyone else does,maybe we can somehow link them up??

Agree with annbag..i'm waiting too,& stocking up on the DVDs.

This message was last edited by lovekiwis on 9/16/2008.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 4:48 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
I was talking to a Guardia officer today,i have his property on my books so i wasn't under arrest before anyone asks!!!
I tentataively slipped in thye question of Telmicro and their return.
Without divulging too much information he advised me that the best place for my Telmicro box was the recycling bin.........
So it looks like the tax evasion story was the truth and there are still people with licences to broadcast UK tv albeit not Sky Sports but BBC,ITV etc....

Like 0      
17 Sep 2008 5:21 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well thanks for that bit of news Georgia it is just nice to know one way or other.     Well lots of books then and will have to buy a dvd player.      We know you would not be under arrest??????     Pat

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 7:21 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Breaking News
Sex & The City The Movie is out on DVD on Monday Woohoo!!!

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 7:33 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well thanks for that Gina, will have to get dvd player then some more DVDs, will be booking flights soon weather still looks good, it looks like Georgia   was right.   Pat 

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 8:19 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Thanks Pat,
Another little gem my friend has come up with. She has a DVD recorder and records films and programmes off the telly and takes them with her to Spain. She says they are about 40 quid in Asda, I'll have a look and keep you posted. 

Can't wait for Monday......................

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 9:06 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I volunteer in a charity shop.  They have a large selection of newspaper freebie dvd's and cd's.  Check out your local area, ours sell for 25p, cheaper than buying the actual paper.  I have a couple of boxes of the dvd's in Spain and they are currently doing the rounds in our urbanisation, to help out those without TV.

Also Ebay have them for sale    I spent weeks travelling to Tesco's to collect the British Classics from the Daily Mail and I will probably watch them when I'm out next week.

The cd's are great for using in the hire cars, the amount of times I've left them in there in my haste to check in on my return to airport.  .  Only trouble is over the weeks I've got used to the tunes and spend ages trying to replace it. 

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 9:13 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Semi
Great idea. Especially for people who are renting out. They can leave cheap DVD's for their guests while there's no telly. You made me laugh about leaving the cd in the car. We've done that . We get the kids to remind us now

Like 0      
19 Sep 2008 10:44 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I got the idea of a friend who does that in her house that she rents out.  She also installed a tv system on the advice of her agent, one of the "one of payment" ones and her system's still on

Nine times out of ten I'm out in Spain by myself but the last time I asked my husband to clear out the boot whilst I was going around doing the last minute clear down, we got to the airport to find he'd left my umbrella in the car.   Having been caught out in Spain when it rains it was one of those large mushroom clear ones, luckily no one batted an eyelid when I carried it onto the plane.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2008 12:00 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I was reading an article about Slingboxes, I think it's still in the early stages but it says that you will be able to watch TV anywhere in the world with this gizmo.

May be the way forward for us holiday owners who can't put Jodril Bank in their gardens/balcony

Will only work if you are both out in Spain otherwise you will be arguing over what programmes you each want to watch

Like 0      
20 Sep 2008 1:14 PM by lovekiwis Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi Semi,
I'm intruiged by the term Slingboxes..never heard of them.Is this something that could be useful over here,or a gizmo only available from UK?
Any idea how it works?         

Like 0      
20 Sep 2008 1:44 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar
Using a Slingbox was discussed some weeks ago on here , good in theory but would need high very speed broadband connection to work at a decent level

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

one way van rental - 0 posts
SPANISH GYPSIES TAKEN OVER APPARTMENT - 2 posts
Lookin to move to Spain ? help - 8 posts
Congratulations! - 0 posts
Restaurant reviews benidorm - 0 posts
Internet-Pay as you go,or Monthly Contract ? - 2 posts
Using the spanish health service if under 65 and early retired. - 6 posts
Los Lagos court case won against developer! - 5 posts
Costa Brava - 0 posts
Help Snake - 3 posts
50cc motorbike for sale - 0 posts
2 seater sofa for sale - 1 posts
Can a mod please explain - 4 posts
flying pets with iberia - 5 posts
chrissy - 0 posts
Costs involved in Selling - 5 posts
New El Pirata in Albatera - 0 posts
Bank Guarantees, a new source of woe for off plan buyers - 1 posts
New Scooters 50 - 125 - 150 cc - 21 posts
Please I need some advice! - 5 posts
Two jobs in Spain? Is this possible - 1 posts
IBI Local taxes - 75 posts
Mirador Villa Phase 2 Fuente De Piedra - 2 posts
urgent - cycle hire - 0 posts
Living in Malaga - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 97

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x