Home demolished in Vera

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jan 2008 12:15 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Maria De Castro.

Can you advise, we have paid our huge deposit and are about to complete, can we just walk away from this, or are we now legaly bound.  We are getting very nervous about completion hearing all this.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 1:13 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
I have to admit that I am astonished about the Spanish Governments attitude here...

1. The World Housing Market is disappearing up its own its own backside

2. The Financial issues getting a loan now make #1 even worse

and they start to demolish homes whilst the criminals remain not only in power but outside of the law

I think this latest story is what is required to perhaps escalate the issue on a European and World Level. Unfortunately the everyday man doesn't get the publicitiy...but to have Antonio' name up there is going to cause issues. I would have to also believe that he is not going to take this lying down and his legal team will already be looking how this affects his constitutional rights and also his human rights. They will also have the financial clout to take this to the European courts...

If the Government think this is going to help their Economic plight they are sadly mistaken as this will cause people to think twice about buying or even moving to spain as if they think this is going to happen to them they won't do it. One way is for a petition to be setup on the net and then presented to the Spanish Govt and the European Parliament...My perception here is that the backside will drop out of the market in spain on the Costa's if this continues.....

For me....I still want to move but will take even more care now in any purchasing decision.....

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 1:30 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

a drop in prices would not be to everybody's disadvantage.

It all boils down to who you are trying to please.

Remember politics is a dirty game, and any political party is out to defend the interests of its own voters first and foremost - and not those of the community as a whole.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 1:42 PM by tanboy Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

To "amogles"

That must make everything all right then?

Is this the added levity we are all waiting for. I must admit it did make me "Giggle"

Never mind "Prior's" you were just political football's. I bet that would go down well with them?

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 2:18 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Its certainly killing the trade here - enquiries have dropped like a stone and the only buyers out are ones after huge discounts. This will not help the market in any way shape or form!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 2:26 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
same here............................

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 2:27 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
I´ve had a relativly busy couple of days. On several occasions, where the clients asked about building on a plot I have refered to the Priors case as a way of introducing the need to be 100% aware of the planning process, not one of the people I spoke to had heard of the priors problem! I suppose there are still many uninformed buyers out there.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 2:41 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

You would think so - Ive had loads of enquiries but not from second home buyers, all investors, individual and groups and for commercial which is somewhat suprising BUT good in a way......!

I think its more the credit and money markets causing the ripple of uncertainty and its global - Im finding other coutries wanting to sell building land and part finished developments and part sold developments now so not just Spain.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 2:44 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Do you know if Atlas, Masa, Iberian International, Parador Properties etc are still managing to procure prospective buyers, agent guys ?

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 2:49 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I suppose that puts things into perspective really.....

There are so many people that don't appreciate what can happen,but again maybe this is down to the smalll percentage that is does actually happens to.

Where i live there are about 500 houses,not one of them are illegal,i have sold about 200 houses in Spain not one of them was illegal,there are over 20,000 memebers on this forum alone,how many have bought illegal property and are likely to have it demolished???

We can get blinkered by these cases because they are so horrendous.

We all live by comparisons,i make mine with the only other country i have ever lived in,the UK,i have my perception of it but so many people would disagree and 1000's move there every year so what do i know!!

As an example,i was visiting the UK when the lad from Liverpool was shot dead outside kicking a ball,does this mean do not move or live in the UK because every single child will be murdered in cold blood!!!!? no i hear you shout!!!!

The same theory has to be applied to the question of whether the house you buy will be bulldozed...........

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 2:55 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi MORE,

They are all suffering,times have changed,there procedures are tired and outdated,this saw them through when people flocked here in their masses,now you need to be good at your job the bigs boys have neither the ability or inclination to keep up..................

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:23 PM by VickiT Star rating in Bournemouth. 121 posts Send private message

Actually, I think you'll find that Masa International are doing OK.  Not so much in Spain, it has to be said, but, especially since their partnership with the UK's biggest estate agency, loads of enquiries for Italy (from £40k!!!) and Turkey (from £29k) and no, I don't work for them!!

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:27 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Vicki,

Who is thye uk's biggest estate agent???? because if its who i think it is i thought they ditched them(apologies if i am wrong)

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:28 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
I think the most who are concentrating elsewhere are doing ok. Spain has stalled - the others will follow!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I think the big guys (having moved on from Spain, mainly) will be doing ok in the less developed countries. It's the low prices that reel prospective buyers in.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:39 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

yes more,and you know what happens then...............

We get Eye on Bulgaria, Eye on Romania,Eye on Kosivo etc....etc.....

I had the chance to look at selling in Calabria in southern Italy,i was approached by a developer and the beachfront prices were amazing,"everyone is buying there to flip them" said there PR department"we all know a song about that" thought i!!! does that remind you of anywhere,Spain maybe!!!!!!!!

Anyway as you know my wife and family are from that part of the world so i probably knew more about the area than the PR girl(in fact the family have land there)

If you think there is corruption here,my god try there!!!!!!!!!

My brother in law removed all his money from an Italian bank because he didn't trust them with it!!!!! and he is Italian.

These big guys are meddling again with the unknown as they did in Spain,this will only lead to more legal problems,watch this space...................................

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:41 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
And at least we will get out of the doodoo first!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:42 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
I think the last comparison I saw, claimed that of all overseas property sold to Btits, 65% were still in Spain. That leaves 35% split between 20 or 30 other destinations. We still have the lions share and Rixxy is correct, the financial markets are in absolute turmoil at the moment. Not a good time to own shares, many people have lost fortunes. Looks like Spain in comparison is still as good a place as any to have your money invested for the longer term.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:42 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

HOW can anyone refuse these lot ?

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 4:05 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Do you REALLY want us to answer that one More?????

Must be wine time????

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted 1,2 & 3 bed properties for long term rent in the Duquesa Area - 1 posts
Market St. restaurant, San Miguel, CB - 2 posts
Dona Isabel's, San Miguel, CB - 0 posts
PLEASE HELP OUR ADMINISTRATOR HAS RESIGNED JUST BEFORE OUR AGM - 3 posts
Disney in Spain - 13 posts
Passport length - 9 posts
hola everybody - 2 posts
San Blas Tenerife - 1 posts
Andalucian Delegation Association for the Defence of Home Owners - 0 posts
3 bed - long term rental required. - 0 posts
taxis at san javier airport - 4 posts
Introduction - 5 posts
calanovaseagolf - 5 posts
Wanted property to buy minimum of two bedrooms. - 1 posts
bringing a jet ski from Uk to Spain - 0 posts
house insurance - 16 posts
Wanted - Holiday rental for July - Aug 08 Sleep 6 to 8 - 2 posts
The Buzz of spain - 6 posts
Contract Ts & Cs - Cancellations - comments - 1 posts
Things for Kids to do in Denia? - 2 posts
Nationwide Flex a/c - 43 posts
Airports set to ease bags limit - 8 posts
Newquay to Alicante - Another option for those in the Southwest - 2 posts
Part Exchange - 0 posts
Has anyone received a communication from the builders or Masa re connecting gas? - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 358

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x