Ryanair's latest cost cutting??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Why pay airport landing fees at Malaga, when there's a pefectly good spot just along the coast that's free? Answers on a postcard (or reply post); can anyone identify the spot? 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
09 Feb 2010 9:52 PM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

I'm assuming you know this is a hoax! http://www.hoax-slayer.com/plane-ditching-surf.shtml But no I don't know where it was filmed.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2010 10:26 PM by samcampbell Star rating in Costa Del Sol. 136 posts Send private message

samcampbell´s avatar

How funny! and now I do not need to watch the last series of Lost

Sam Campbell Business 1st...

mail: info@business1st.es

www.business1st.es

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 12:40 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

It wasn't actually "filmed" on location, so to speak, otherwise I would have heard it, if not quite seen it from my window! Curiously, my neighbour received this by e-mail from Sweden today, from someone who apparently had no idea where the backdrop was, just thought it was a fun video. When my neighbour's wife saw it, she said "Oh my God, there's been a plane crash down at the beach!" Bless!

So now I've more or less given it away (I'm in Torremolinos) - the apartment complex on the promontory is the Castillo Santa Clara, which separates Bajondillo beach from La Carihuela. It's a lovely walk around the headland, very popular for a Sunday paseo. And I promise, no low flying aircraft!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 1:50 AM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

I once stayed in a place in Kefalonia where the aircraft came nearly as low as that! The beach was literally at the end of the runway, and you could feel the wash and smell the fumes as the planes came in to land!

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 9:19 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Love the video!

We were in your neck of the woods last week Roberto.  We went to Parque la Bateria.  We thought we'd go rowing in the lake but got there and...the lake was empty .

Any idea when they will be filling it again?

Cheers

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 5:40 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I read your blog. It's a lovely park. Next time you're up here check out Parque Batéría (it's next to Montemar station, there's free parking too). There's a small boating lake and a children's play area. Also a tower you can climb with great views of the coast. But if boating is your thing, you can't beat a day up at Ardales in the summer, where you can rent kayaks and get away from the crowds.

Here's another crazy plane video - St.Maarten this time, and apparently for real!

This message was last edited by Roberto on 10/02/2010.

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Granting of Habertation Certificate - 4 posts
Malaga Airport (AGP) T3 Official Opening - 4 posts
proposed roue railway San Pedro to Estepona - 0 posts
work - 0 posts
Aluminium Box Trailer with secure lid for sale - 1 posts
Credit/Debit Card Scam - 1 posts
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR NIE - 20 posts
Autumn Bookings P&O Ferries Portsmouth/Bilbao Cancelled - 1 posts
Fiscal Fees????? - 4 posts
Delete an inactive blog - 2 posts
Armchair required - 0 posts
Being a Teacher (Piano) ? - 2 posts
Flight Delays - 2 posts
Driving an open-topped car with a baby.... - 3 posts
snowboarding - 1 posts
best tapas on costa del sol - 17 posts
Paying money into Spanish Bank Account - 50 posts
Cheapest way to play golf in The Costa del sol - 0 posts
Piano Teaching in Spain - 0 posts
WALK FROM mOUNTAIN pARK - 1 posts
Wow it is quiet!! - 12 posts
Hi All - moving to Alicante or Malaga areas - 5 posts
Speed cameras on Spanish roads - 12 posts
Understanding spanish bank statement - 2 posts
Wanted "old Snotter" - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x