Road tax in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I understand that road tax is paid in January each year.  Does the town hall send out a bill or do you have to go to the town hall to pay?

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2010 8:19 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Ours here in Lorca, Murcia is payable from 1st. March  for 6/8 weeks and not before. Yes, a form to pay should arrive , but often doesn't, & is not sent out before march 1St. It is easier the first time to go in to the council you just give them your reg. number or numbers and they print off the form which you take to the bank & pay.There is a 10% discount for paying in this period called the voluntary period. On the back of the form their is space to fill in bank details & you can hand it in to the council to pay following years by 'domicilio de pago'. Like a d/debit. you will then get the receipt from your bank but here not normally 'till April as the council doesn't apply for the money until towards the end of the vol. period.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2010 8:27 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

In my case road tax is paid annually on the anniversary of the date of change of ownership, ie the date that I bought the car. It comes in the form of a bill from the Town Hall and is payable at banks listed on the form; again in my case these are, Caja Granada, Caja Rural or at ATM machines run by La Caixa.

La Caixa ATM machines can debit a La Caixa account directly.

If you pay in cash you do not need an account at the specified banks

On the reverse of the form is an invitation to pay by Direct Debit.

You should carry the receipted paid bill in the car with the other documents in case the GC stop you for any reason.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
31 Jan 2010 9:05 PM by beadso Star rating. 128 posts Send private message

how much is road tax?

Like 0      
31 Jan 2010 9:16 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

varies from council to council and is based on hp/kw rating of vehicle.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bed Shops in Bendirom - 0 posts
Pedreguer - Car boot sale - 0 posts
i want to sell nearly new clothes how? - 5 posts
Hola - 4 posts
Renting in Spain - 7 posts
buying a car in murcia - 3 posts
Satellite dish wanted - 2 posts
Setting up Business in Spain - 4 posts
Recent Article in the "Leader" newspaper - 0 posts
Remortgage ? - 2 posts
Boats - 0 posts
good background info about spain? - 0 posts
The Humble Cucumber - 9 posts
Vacancies - 0 posts
debtors within the community - 4 posts
Serious Debt!!!!!!!!!! - 3 posts
Problem with an owner of a ren - 2 posts
Hab cert - 2 posts
Events and activities in the area - 0 posts
NIE - 2 posts
ANY GOOD PAINT SUPPLIERS NEAR CIUDAD QUESADA? - 3 posts
Sign the petition for Dog Parks! - 2 posts
Shipping items To Spain: What Fees, Paperwork ? - 8 posts
Mortgage 4 Spain - 2 posts
Legal costs - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x