Nightmare with connecting water via Aquagest HELP

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by waoolis Star rating in Preston/Cabo Roig. 10 posts Send private message

Hi all,

After purchasing my aparthotel apartment (resale) and finally completing in November last year, its an understatement to say that trying to arrange to re connect the utilities has been a nightmare!

Briefly, the apartment was a repossession from the bank. So, once the arrears had been cleared, via my solicitor arrangements were made for the utilities to be connected. As of the 20th December despite my solicitor being in constant contact with the water and elec companies there had been no re connection of either.

Anyway, 2 days before xmas and the electric had been reconnected.

As for the water, well they have been telling me and my solicitor since november, that it has been connected, yet the gentleman who runs the aparthotel has confirmed this is not the case as their is a red seal on the water meter,and there is no water available in the apartment, until they sort the meter out.

They have been told this and say they no nothing about the seal or the meter!?

The contract has been changed to my name and I have a water contract number. My solicitor, the hotelier and myself have contacted Aquagest and got no where, having been told different things each time, whether it be they are adamant its been connected or they will attend to it and then do nothing! Contacted them by phone (my spanish is non existent)email and nothing....

My concern is, we are fast approaching February, I'm scheduled to fly over there on the 20th February and I cant rent the place because their is no water?! and to top it off they have charged my account around 40 euros, for what?!

Anyone help with any solutions to have the water reconnected ASAP

Thanks in advance of any replies

Like 0      
15 Jan 2010 10:40 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

They are obvioiusly just totally incompetent.

I would request a "hoja de reclamaciones" from their office.  This is an official complaints system in Spain.

When you fill it in the authorities HAVE to look in to the matter as to why you have made the complaint against this company.

I don't know but it may help.

What about approaching a local plumber?  Maybe they have come across this problem before.

Best of luck with it...it must be so frustrating.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Jan 2010 2:12 PM by waoolis Star rating in Preston/Cabo Roig. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your reply and pointer. Ill certianly bear that in mind.

I recieved email from them confirming that there is a debt on the contract?!

I find this astonishing as not only have I never been connected to use water  but any arrears incurred prior to completion was discharged.

ill give them a ring and see how I get on.

Thanks again

Like 0      
18 Jan 2010 11:27 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Yes but once you completed on the house, the debts became yours!

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2010 6:59 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

If you finally pay that amount for the house to have water. You can direct a claim against the previous owner/developer for the unpaid sums.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
06 Feb 2010 12:50 PM by waoolis Star rating in Preston/Cabo Roig. 10 posts Send private message

Thanks for everyone input.

Problem solved.

Apparently the previous owner of our apartment owned another apartment in the same block. The Water company sent the outstanding bill for the other apartment in error to the solicitor, prior to completion, which was paid and therefore the other apartment, which is still empty was reconnected instead of ours.

Anyway, its all sorted, the water company have swapped everything over and now we have water and its almost ready to rent.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2010 12:16 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Glad to hear that this has been sorted and thanks for updating us about it.

All the best

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ending a Business in Spain - 1 posts
property transfer from Spanish SL to uk limited company - 3 posts
Manilva and surrounding areas - 1 posts
I NEED YOUR ADVICE. SHOULD I CREATE A BLOG! - 11 posts
how do i delete a blog? - 1 posts
Driving Spanish car from UK to Spain with no ITV - 11 posts
Justin Still can't view web cam - 8 posts
mobil phones - 0 posts
Real Domestic Appliances- gone bust - 0 posts
Illegal developments - next steps - 1 posts
is there a way to delete a blog - 2 posts
Setting up a freelance business - 0 posts
high electricity bills - 8 posts
Anyone got experience of getting residencia in Malaga? - 1 posts
silencio administrativo / administrative silence/ Obra Mayor - 2 posts
AGM - running the meeting - 2 posts
Where can I buy Yeast Free Bread from? - 6 posts
Anyone here in El Rincon? - 1 posts
RAFFLES - 8 posts
Outsider as President? - 7 posts
Short Movie needs help - 1 posts
Morrisons in Gibraltar looking for staff - 8 posts
Motorbiking in Andalucia - 1 posts
Aldea - 1 posts
Removals & Transport Murcia Region. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x